Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-19-2016, 05:33 AM

Smile

Week 7 Check In
Weight: 231.8
Waist Upper: 35" (-2.5)
Waist Lower: 36" (-3.0)

After introducing carbs back in to the daily diet and moving to a lower deficit/maintenance my weight has been somewhere between 229-232lbs. I am officially moving to maintenance until the new year so I can enjoy the festivitites.

Goals
-Limit fat gain (ideally stay under 235)
-Keep training frequency up
-Be more active

Plan
-Eat at maintenance
-Use walking to increase TDEE (15k+ steps daily)

The 3rd January will mark the start of my 16 week diet. I am unsure if I will actually compete as my shoulder injury has greatly set back my chest/delt progress for the last 3 months. However I will aim to be in the best shape of my life and will treat the diet like contest prep.

See you all in the New Year.
Unread 12-19-2016, 12:34 PM

Enjoy the break. I assume you're still getting your steps in. I had to give up on them when the weather got cold. It's hard to walk when the high is -20.
Unread 12-20-2016, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion009 View Post
Enjoy the break. I assume you're still getting your steps in. I had to give up on them when the weather got cold. It's hard to walk when the high is -20.
Thanks and you. I won't lie, my average has decreased severely however I try to reach 10k steps most days. Over Xmas I will make a concerted effort to boost that number to account for the extra calories I'll intake.
Unread 01-09-2017, 03:40 AM

250k Challenge - Week 1
Weight: 232.8lbs
Est bodyfat: 15%

It's been a while since I posted in here but thought I would continue this log. From the above, you will see that I have decided to compete in the Bodybuilding.com 250k challenge. For those that don't know this is a 12 week transformation challenge which started today and ends on April 2nd. I had no idea the competition existed until last night and got my "before" pictures in just before the deadline. Annoyingly the lighting was very flattering and I didn't have time to do any trickery to make myself look worse but I'll just have to make sure to dial it in and make big progress.

The plan is as follows;

- High step count (min. of 10k daily) and aiming for 15-20k
- Moderate calorie intake (2300 x 6 days/ 3000 x 1 day)
- Macros: minimum of 200g protein, 70g fat and remainder carbs
- PPLUL training split with 2 days rest
- Aim to lose 1-2lbs of fat per week

I will stick to the above for the first 4-6 weeks and see where I am at before deciding if I want to add in RFL days.

Side note; After the 12 week challenge, there will be 3 weeks before the Mens Physique competition I was debating to sign up for. At 6 weeks out from that I will speak to a coach friend of mine and see if he thinks, I have a chance of being competitive in time. My focus will be on the next 12 weeks though
Unread 01-09-2017, 04:08 AM

Isn't a frequency of 5x a week too much? Especially when you want to compete and need to drop a significant amount of fat.
Unread 01-09-2017, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Isn't a frequency of 5x a week too much? Especially when you want to compete and need to drop a significant amount of fat.
I have always lifted with high frequency. Until last year, I had lifted 6-7 times a week for 5+ years. With how I set my programme out, there is between 2-3 days rest before training the same muscle group again.

Plus I am "assisted" so my recovery is much better than a natty's.
Unread 01-09-2017, 06:17 AM

Oops, didn't read about that. Never mind then.
Unread 01-09-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Oops, didn't read about that. Never mind then.
I wasn't going to publicise it but the cat's out the bag now
Unread 01-16-2017, 03:33 AM

250k Challenge - Week 1 Summary
Avg Weight: 230.9lbs (-1.9lbs)

Weekly steps: 140k
Walking distance: 111.1km

Successful first week of the competition. Diet was perfect Monday to Friday with the weekend at or just below maintenance. I entered a walking "challenge" on the FitBit so ended up walking nearly 45km over the weekend which was very easy. If I had committed more time I probably could have walked at least 50% more but I won comfortably nonetheless. This weeks walking raised my 7 day average TDEE to 4500 which is pretty insane.

The plan for the week ahead remains unchanged. Calories will be kept where they are, 5 workouts and aiming to hit a minimum of 15k steps.

I realised I didn't post pictures at the start but will post my befores and week 4 pictures after I have taken them.
Unread 01-23-2017, 07:22 AM

250k Challenge - Week 2 Summary
Avg Weight: 229lbs (-1.9lbs/-3.8lbs)

Weekly steps: 85k

Diet and training went perfectly this week. Dropped another 2lbs (almost) so happy with how things are progressing. Step count was rubbish but I was expecting that due to the weather and being away all weekend.

This week I am away for 3 days for business so steps count and workouts will be sub-par but I can hopefully hit my calorie goal as a minimum.

Physically I feel great and am looking leaner already! Seeing new veins and cuts is always a big motivation. Mid-section still looks bad but my love handles are shrinking at last.

2 weeks till progress pics!