BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-30-2017, 03:35 AM

250k Challenge - Week 3 Summary
Avg Weight: 228.9lbs (-0.1lbs/-3.9lbs)

Weekly steps: 67k

Between travelling, going to meetings and living out of hotel room overall it was an awful week in terms of weight loss, training, walking and diet.

I tracked my intake as best as possible and should have been in a deficit. However the food I consumed was sub-par at best (McDonalds, Subway, hotel breakfasts, etc.).

The only saving grace was this weekend where I hit 30k steps in one day (a PB for the current year) and had a few high carb meals to make sure I was 100% recovered for the coming week.

I didn't want to use RFL this early on but I am going to do 2 days of Cat 1 RFL and the remaining 4 days as low carbs and lower calories with my normal refeed on Saturday. Hopefully this will get rid of the horrible water retention and shed a few lbs of fat.

On the walking front; the weather is forecasted to be terrible this week so another reason why dropping my calories is a good plan as my TDEE will no doubt suffer. I may have to hit the treadmill but I hate it with a passion.

One positive is that I will be able to run a bit of an experiment in a few weeks. I have 3 days with social or work engagements and plan to do a stint of ERFL which has always been an interest of mine.

Heres to a better week this week and hopefully a big loss on the scales!
Unread 02-07-2017, 02:56 AM

250k Challenge - Week 4 Summary
Avg Weight: 227.4lbs (-1.5lbs/-5.4lbs)

Weekly steps: 91k

I wrote a full post yesterday but it seems to have disappeared :/

I won't rewrite it but in summary; the week went well, diet was on point, got out and walked a fair amount, strength is up slightly and I look leaner.

Hit a new PB for walking 42k steps in a day (31km) which was pretty easy going.

This week I have dropped calories again (2k daily) and then the normal refeed on saturday and maintenance sunday.

8 more weeks to go so I'm upping my game!
Unread 02-07-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Hit a new PB for walking 42k steps in a day (31km) which was pretty easy going.
Damn, you're a machine. The best I've been able to do was just over 25k and my body was sore.

Keep it up.
Unread 02-08-2017, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion009 View Post
Damn, you're a machine. The best I've been able to do was just over 25k and my body was sore.

Keep it up.
Cheers! My knee is a bit sore still but the actual walk was ok.

Signed up for 26 mile (42km) walk in July so will be training for that.
Unread 02-13-2017, 03:04 AM

250k Challenge - Week 5 Summary
Avg Weight: 226.0lbs (-1.4lbs/-6.8lbs)

Weekly steps: 79k

Hit a new low weigh in of 223.2lbs on wednesday. That is the lightest I have been in at least 3 years. My rough maths puts me at around 13.5% although I can't help but feel like I'm fatter than expected (which shouldn't be a surprise really).

My mid-section is tightening up; love handles shrinking and low back fat is reducing nicely. More veins appearing daily which is nice.

This weekend I went a bit overboard (this is becoming a reccuring theme) and I rebounded up nearly 10lbs :0

Much of the same this week but I'll throw in a few RFL days as it's valentines and I'm going to London for the weekend both mean lots of food/drinks.

Overall I think this cut is going well. The scale keeps dropping, I feel leaner and don't feel run down or like fat loss is slowing yet despite reaching the "leaner" realms.

My plan going forward is to treat the half-way weekend (next week) as a 3 day diet break to try to boost any metabolic adaptations and as a mental break before stepping it all up for the second 6 weeks. Fasted cardio, yohimbine, structured and stricter re-feeds (opposed to binges).

Thanks for reading my incoherent ramblings.
Unread 02-15-2017, 10:14 PM

Keep up the good work man! I hear ya on the whole midsection shrinking and new veins showing up thing. It's definitely exciting to see the changes, even if they're coming in slow and steady

averagetoabs.com
Unread 02-20-2017, 03:07 AM

250k Challenge - Week 6 Summary
Avg Weight: 225.9lbs (-0.1lbs/-6.9lbs)

Weekly steps: 77k

Not overly impressed with progress this week (as there was none). Had 4 days where I was heavily in a surplus and barely walked so actually losing weight is probably a huge success.

I have changed my workouts to 3 full body with an optional 4th session where I focus on whatever I want/need to.

Moving forward
I am drawing a line under last week and moving forward to the final 6 weeks of the challenge. Starting today I will be doing;

- 30 mins fasted walking (5 days a week)
- No cheat days, limiting myself to 1 meal
- Increasing calories to hopefully stop and binge episodes
- Aim to hit 15k steps daily average

My goal is to lose 1lb a week which should put me right around 11-12% for the deadline. After this I will take 2 weeks off at maintenance before a 4-6 week push to get sub 10% before a holiday in May.

Thoughts/Ramblings

I am definitely in the "dead zone" for bodyfat where scale loss doesn't equal physical improvements but then suddenly the mirror will catch up. I feel small and weak but know that it's all just the mental game.

Clothes are feeling loose and baggier so I don't think that is helping but I'm, going to hold out until I'm as lean as I want to be before buying fitted items.
Unread 02-27-2017, 03:12 AM

250k Challenge - Week 7 Summary
Avg Weight: 224.6lbs (-1.3lbs/-8.2lbs)

Weekly steps: 102k

All the changes made last week worked it would seem. Less workout days has made the quality of my sessions better, consistent calorie goal is easier to adhere to during the week and eating at maintenance at the weekend rather than justifying a "binge" as a refeed, means that for the first time since starting I am at a lower weight on Monday than I was on Friday. Walking more has helped keep my TDEE up around 4000 calories which makes things a bit easier.

One new addition in last few days is the introduction of the EC stack. I have used it a few times before so know my tolerances are quite high and don't tend to feel any side effects so have gone in at full dose of 3 x 200C +25E. Will probably use this for 3-4 weeks before considering something else.

This week will be a repeat of last week with regard to diet, workouts and steps. I have a work function, pancake day and family gathering that will make it trickier but making progress is important to me.

As this Week 7, I have 4 weeks left before I need to start my "peak week prep". I'm hoping that I will be able to drop 1.5-2lbs each week and weigh 216-218lbs before manipulating carbs/sodium in anticipation of my home photo shoot. I am going to do the UD2.0 prep plan with 3-4 days of low/no carbs alongside depletion workouts before a carb up wednesday night/thursday morning and reassessing from there.

I am still having big issues with my shoulder(s) and really need to get them seen to but I am struggling to find time with work, moving house and general life.
Unread 02-27-2017, 06:23 PM

I'm doing something similar. Rigid routine Monday-Friday and more flexible on the weekend though still tracking calories.

Social functions sure do get in the way sometimes! Remaining flexible and sticking towards how "real life" is post-diet will help the transition from dieting to maintenance a lot easier. The key is to teach oneself to overcome old habits that lead to fatness to begin with.
Unread 03-01-2017, 07:18 AM

Not time for the weekly update but today I weighed in at 220lbs (100kg); the first time in 4 years I've seen that on the scales. Hopefully tomorrow will push me into the 9X's.