BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-01-2017, 08:46 AM

Nice job hitting 220 again. It feels good to hit a new group of numbers Are you still all-in for that 12-week transformation contest?
Unread 03-01-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadQueen View Post
Nice job hitting 220 again. It feels good to hit a new group of numbers Are you still all-in for that 12-week transformation contest?
Thanks. I am, although I'm in the dead zone between 10-15% bodyfat where I am dropping weight, losing fat, waist measurement is going down but in the mirror I am not making massive progress like I hoped.

I'm going to mix it up for the last 4 weeks with some fasted cardio, a few RFL days and time my carbs around workouts to optimise the time I have left.

I don't really stand a chance winning the challenge as there are plenty of obese people, doing "suicide" diets and dropping masses of weight. That aside I am enjoying the process and this is the leanest I have ever been.
Unread 03-05-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellurium View Post
I'm in the dead zone between 10-15% bodyfat where I am dropping weight, losing fat, waist measurement is going down but in the mirror I am not making massive progress like I hoped.
You're not alone my friend. Still, the more climactic it will be once you're passed that point.
Unread 03-05-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellurium View Post
That aside I am enjoying the process and this is the leanest I have ever been.
Congratulations on that, following your progress!
Unread 03-06-2017, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlansky View Post
Congratulations on that, following your progress!
Thanks, I have a long way to go until I'm happy but progress is progress.
Unread 03-06-2017, 02:58 AM

250k Challenge - Week 8 Summary[/list]Avg Weight: 221.8lbs (-2.8lbs/-11.0lbs)

Weekly steps: N/A

Extremely happy with the weight loss last week, a moderately high deficit consistently for 2 weeks without a cheat meal is obviously the way forward. I intend to the same this week but as time is running out, I am going to do 2 RFL days on Tuesday/Thursday, when I don't lift.

This weekend I took a break from tracking calories and ate a tonne of carbs and it felt great. 100% motivation to get back on track today!

I haven't tracked steps this week but am back on it as of today.

As per my previous update, I hit 220.2 but couldn't quite creep into the 219's. The goal for this week is 2lbs from either my average weight or weekly low (219 or 218lbs).

Planning Ahead

As I will have been dieting for 12 weeks by the end of this without a proper diet break and will run RFL/UD2.0 depletion style peak week prep I am planning how to end the diet. I will have a 2 day refeed, trying to eat at least 12-16g/kg of carbs before moving to 10% under maintenance for the folllowing week and taper up to 5% under maintenance.

I have a wedding 3 weeks after the competition deadline so I will assess how I'm feeling/looking a week before and if I have spilled over or gained excess fat, I will do 5 days of RFL leading up to the event.

The scheduling for this summer is a bit annoying as every 4-6 weeks I have an important event or holiday (what a hard life) where I want to be in the best shape possible. I am hoping I will get to a point where I can maintain approx. 10% bodyfat and then just run a short RFL run before each event rather than a month of dieting.

How do others handle this kind of thing? Any opinions/experiences appreciated.
Unread 03-13-2017, 02:53 AM

250k Challenge - Week 9 Summary

Avg Weight: N/A

Weekly steps: 84k

You will notice that I have not updated my weekly weight and there is a good reason for this. I moved house last Sunday and in the process of moving my scales, my weight jumped up >6lbs. This is odd as both floors where the scale sits are level, flat and solid. Since then I have not been able to get consistent weigh ins so have abandoned them. Instead what I have done is take some progress pictures which I will then compare to my start and finish photos.

Some exciting news is that I have invested in a decent spin bike so now I will be able to do fasted morning cardio once it arrives on Friday (as my gym is 5 miles in the wrong direction from my office). More on this below!

As I feel like I'm spinning my wheels and not making as much "mirror" progress as I would like, I am going to mix things up for the remaining weeks. My plan will be as follows;

Week 10
Mon-Fri = RFL
Saturday = Refeed @ 10g/kg carbs
Sunday = Maintenance - 500cals

Week 11
Mon-Fri = RFL
Saturday = Refeed @ 10g/kg carbs

Sunday-Friday = UD2.0 depletion work and carb up.

From next Saturday I will be using the spin bike fasted in the morning and probably implement the SF Protocol style of training (5 mins warm up, 5 mins @ 100%, 30 mins LISS).

If anyone has any thoughts on this let me know.
Unread 03-20-2017, 02:39 AM

250k Challenge - Week 10 Summary

Weekly steps: 92k

Ran 5 days of Cat 1 RFL, hit protein targets, kept carbs/fats to an absolute minimum, training was good and increased walking duration. Very happy with how much visual progress I made this week.

Although I did not weigh myself, my deficit should have facilitated around 4lbs of fat loss.

The refeed on Saturday was easy and ended the day at around 1300g of carbs. Waking up on Sunday I expected to have spilled over and look bloated but I looked leaner and fuller than I have this whole cut so I would call it a success.

Yesterday ended in a 1000 calorie deficit as my new spin bike arrived and I put in an hour or so of LISS.

The plan this week is 2 days RFL, predominantly RFL on Wednesday but with carbs pre/post workout, 2 days RFL then a smaller refeed. I did my first fasted cardio session today after taking 400mg of caffeine which was an interesting sensation.

I am nowhere near where I ultimately want to be but I can slowly see the definition and shape coming through and the fat melting away. 2 weeks at maintenance is going to be a mind-f**k but I know it'll ultimately be beneficial as I have been dieting for 10 solid weeks now.
Unread 03-27-2017, 01:50 AM

250k Challenge - Week 11 Summary

Weekly steps: 102k

This week has been a mixed bag and I know it's time to stop this round of dieting. 11 weeks in a deficit when a Cat 1 isn't ideal. I will push through and finish this last week then re-feed and move to maintenance for 2 weeks.

Doing RFL 4-5 days a week has been causing me some issues with insomnia and lack of BM so I will be increasing calories slightly and doing a Bodyopus style approach. Protein & Fat at 50% maintenance until Friday night where I will refeed in time for final photos.

Although the scales show that I am down 12-14lbs since January, I am only just starting to feel like I am getting leaner. Vascularity and definition is starting to show. I'm hoping that my next round of dieting will be "The One" where I finally get decent abs and look like I lift.

On the plus side, I joined a new gym which has a plethora of cool machines including plate loaded hammer strength chest press's which allow me to hit chest with no shoulder discomfort. Plus it has a pool and spa area which will be great for recovery.

I will do a final update next week (probably with pics, unless I deem them not worthwhile).

Next Round of Dieting

I have recently read the original BodyOpus book and Lyle's account of his time using the diet and it has peaked my interest. I think I will run a 4 week round of the diet before I go on holiday in May ( which I will take as a maintenance week) before another 4 weeks of dieting. This SHOULD put me well into the lean category and I would hope to be around 8%.
Unread 03-28-2017, 06:00 AM

So yesterday I called an end to this round of my diet. It is starting to affect my sleep, I feel lethargic and run down and I'm bored of chicken.

In summary:

Weight: 236 -> 222lbs
Bodyfat: 17% -> 12%
Waist: 36.5" -> 34"

This week I will set calories at 90% maintenance (3100) before moving up to my estimated TDEE next week (3500cals). As my post above, I am looking to use a BodyOpus style programme with 4-5 keto days and 2 days of carbs. Alongside this I am going to implement the SFS protocols with Y & C.

Ideally I will only lose another 10lbs which should put me somewhere around 8% which would be ideal.

Aurevoir for a fortnight!