BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-30-2016, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
Not sure why people have this idea that insulin = fat gain. They are basically ignoring most of what insulin does in the body. If we are going to make the assumption that insulin spikes make you fat, then.... well, there is a whole heck of a lot of stuff that causes insulin to "spike."

Breathing oxygen also causes fat gain, because it allows you to continue to live, which leads to consuming calories. Calories cause you to gain fat. Tell them they should stop breathing oxygen. Guaranteed to cause weight loss.
Because of idiots like Gary Taubes and Robert Lustig who think insulin dynamics trumps thermodynamics
Unread 11-30-2016, 09:02 AM

I just hope beer never becomes the enemy of the month. I don't think I could handle that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg10587 View Post
Enemy of the month. See carbs, fats, meat,etc. Fat people blaming something stupid for being fat, rather than their actual calorie intake.

The bottom comment nailed it.
Unread 02-15-2017, 08:10 PM

I have a psychologist I see for anxiety/depression. Each time I visit, I have to do a mood survey, which includes questions about diet and exercise in addition to how I've been feeling since our last visit. It also asks how many sodas I drink per day. I answer truthfully 1-2 DIET sodas per day, to which the Dr. swears up and down, "diet sodas cause diabetes just as much as regular sodas."

I think that's crap, and I'll take my chances.

In my experience, artificial sweeteners, in a sense, do allow you to have a certain companionship with the devil. Just like the mercury fillings you used to get in your teeth once upon a time. On the one hand, it poisons you,..It gives you God knows what. On the other hand it puts you in contact with occult forces.

Last edited by starvation-headache : 02-15-2017 at 08:18 PM.
Unread 02-17-2017, 01:18 PM

Well he's right. Since, you know, regular sodas don't cause diabetes either.
Unread 02-17-2017, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
Well he's right. Since, you know, regular sodas don't cause diabetes either.
Recent work shows a clear association between sugary sodas and diabetes

And none with diet soda

The whole thing is moronic to the point that it hurts
Unread 02-17-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
Recent work shows a clear association between sugary sodas and diabetes

Lyle, would this only apply if consuming over maintenance or is there a link either way?

Thanks.
Unread 02-18-2017, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoomc View Post
Lyle, would this only apply if consuming over maintenance or is there a link either way?

Thanks.
How many people do you realistically know who drink regular soda without oveconsumption? It's an interesting but theoretical question and has no relevance to my actual point which is that this idiot idea that sugar free drinks are the same or WORSE than full sugar is so potato as to make my brain hurt.
Unread 02-18-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
How many people do you realistically know who drink regular soda without oveconsumption? It's an interesting but theoretical question and has no relevance to my actual point which is that this idiot idea that sugar free drinks are the same or WORSE than full sugar is so potato as to make my brain hurt.

Oh, the artificial sweetners/ aspartame etc fear mongerers do my head in.

I was interested in the link made with people with diabetes and sugar sweetened drinks as my son drinks a can a day (maybe 2 in a blue moon) and just wondered if there was the same association with diabetes if under maintenance / at maintenance or if it was the same either way.
I don't want to be one of these over the top parents that says no to sugar if not needed
Unread 02-19-2017, 04:36 AM
klbyWefs

Default видеонаблюде

В зависимости от подобных условий меняются предпочтения к типам систем видеонаблюдения и gsm сигнализация. Тип системы наблюдения Для малых объектов с небольшим количеством камер наблюдения резонно применять аналоговые HD-системы, которые становятся все более популярными. Наиболее предпочтительным является ставший базовым в мире формат FullHD, или 1080p, поскольку только он
в сравнении с SD имеет абсолютно заметное визуальное преимущество в детальности изображения (разрешении). Для минимальной стоимости можно до сих пор ориентироваться и на типовое аналоговое телевидение. Хотя,
конечно, формат SD можно считать уже абсолютно вчерашним днем, и многие поставщики полностью перешли на аналоговые Ultra HD-форматы
uhd, 3G-SDI. IP-регистраторы с РоЕ-коммутаторами Комбинированные решения в большинстве случаев разрабатываются для малых и средних систем безопасности. Удобство применения PoE-коммутаторов, совмещенных с регистраторами, заключается в том, что монтаж и запуск такой системы значительно упрощается. После прокладки кабельной инфраструктуры действует принцип Plug and Play это значительно сокращает время на установку оборудования и уменьшает количество кабеля, что положительно влияет на надежность, и вносит эстетическую составляющую, которая окажется немаловажной, например, при строительстве системы безопасности в квартирах и домах или небольших магазинах.
беспроводное видеонаблюдение В современных аналоговых системах аналоговой составляющей имеется не так уж много. Камера и регистратор давно превратились в цифровые устройства, а аналоговым остался сигнал в кабеле между ними.
Unread 02-19-2017, 10:01 AM

Real soda is just sugar water, so..for most people I would imagine its a horrid food choice most of the time? There's a lot of short term and long term variables at play to answer a question that wide open.

Back in the 90s there was an online group protesting the use of aspartmae because they believed it was responsible for the "Gulf War Syndrome." The urban legend says the cargo bay of C-130s parked in the Saudi desert loaded with MREs and diet soda would climb to some dramatically high temperature during the day (So far so good). The aspartame in the soda would at a high enough temperature "react" and become a poisonous chemical such as formaldehyde. The boys were coming home after the war talking dirty and "just not the same".. (duh)?

Anyhoo, the same group believed aspartame was what gave Michael J. Fox his Parkinson's syndrome.

Man, to this day I hear these stories. "Splenda will kill you too." "Truvia" is marketed as the one the only Artificial sweetener that doesn't give you cancer, as a matter of fact. People will come up with good ideas when they're smokin' a pound a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoomc View Post
Oh, the artificial sweetners/ aspartame etc fear mongerers do my head in.

I was interested in the link made with people with diabetes and sugar sweetened drinks as my son drinks a can a day (maybe 2 in a blue moon) and just wondered if there was the same association with diabetes if under maintenance / at maintenance or if it was the same either way.
I don't want to be one of these over the top parents that says no to sugar if not needed