BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Unread 12-16-2016, 02:00 AM
MSPT MSPT is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 21
Default

Take these supplements and you will sleep like as a rose;
*Magnesium: 1-3g before bed
*Inositol: 5-8g
*Some carbs: raise up serotinin levels

Had few problems in the past with sleeping, now I take these daily & no problems anymore
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 12-16-2016, 09:21 AM
lylemcdonald lylemcdonald is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPT View Post
Take these supplements and you will sleep like as a rose;
*Magnesium: 1-3g before bed
*Inositol: 5-8g
*Some carbs: raise up serotinin levels

Had few problems in the past with sleeping, now I take these daily & no problems anymore
Sleep is interesting,what works for/on one does nothing for another.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 12-16-2016, 12:19 PM
zLeeKo's Avatar
zLeeKo zLeeKo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 490
Default

Whole serotonin system is so complicated...

Melatonin helps me immensely, it's the greatest supplement of all time IME. My sweet spot is 0.5mg, anything above that and I feel groggy in the morning. Some people may also need a time-released form to keep them from waking up.

Also, I have great success with 5-htp, both for sleep and mood. 100-150mg before bed.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 12-23-2016, 11:12 PM
hugsaredrugs's Avatar
hugsaredrugs hugsaredrugs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
Whole serotonin system is so complicated...

Melatonin helps me immensely, it's the greatest supplement of all time IME. My sweet spot is 0.5mg, anything above that and I feel groggy in the morning. Some people may also need a time-released form to keep them from waking up.

Also, I have great success with 5-htp, both for sleep and mood. 100-150mg before bed.
Are you me? I take 500mcg of melatonin every night personally and reccomend it to almost anyone. I think melatonin is one of the greatest supplements as well.

I don't think anyone can really go wrong by taking fish oil, vitamin D and melatonin.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 12-24-2016, 10:52 AM
zLeeKo's Avatar
zLeeKo zLeeKo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugsaredrugs View Post
Are you me? I take 500mcg of melatonin every night personally and reccomend it to almost anyone. I think melatonin is one of the greatest supplements as well.

I don't think anyone can really go wrong by taking fish oil, vitamin D and melatonin.
I'm your long lost, older brother.

Fishies + vitamind D is gold. But if I had to choose one supplement for the rest of life, melatonin would be my choice probably.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 01-04-2017, 06:55 AM
chubster chubster is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugsaredrugs View Post
Are you me? I take 500mcg of melatonin every night personally and reccomend it to almost anyone. I think melatonin is one of the greatest supplements as well.

I don't think anyone can really go wrong by taking fish oil, vitamin D and melatonin.

Melatonin and magnesium help me, as well as trying not to be tooo hungry going to bed. Even hot decaf tea and a cracker will make a difference so that my stomach isn't growling. Aggressive deficits with lots of conditioning were definitely the worst. Slightly less severe restriction seems to make a huge difference.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 01-04-2017, 06:58 AM
Determinism Determinism is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubster View Post
as well as trying not to be tooo hungry going to bed.
Intermittent fasting is my supplement for that.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 01-04-2017, 08:02 AM
bodysolid bodysolid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 148
Default

Wish melatonin worked for me. I take a lot of supplements and by far the worse side effects are from melatonin. The few times I try it ( I keep thinking maybe it's an aberration so I keep trying it) I get the worse hangovers. Essentially the whole next day I'm in a fog.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 01-04-2017, 08:13 AM
zLeeKo's Avatar
zLeeKo zLeeKo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodysolid View Post
Wish melatonin worked for me. I take a lot of supplements and by far the worse side effects are from melatonin. The few times I try it ( I keep thinking maybe it's an aberration so I keep trying it) I get the worse hangovers. Essentially the whole next day I'm in a fog.
What's your dosage? Anything above 1mg and I feel groggy in the morning.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 01-07-2017, 08:07 AM
bodysolid bodysolid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
What's your dosage? Anything above 1mg and I feel groggy in the morning.
0.5 mg. I just can't take the stuff.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.