BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-27-2016, 04:52 PM

Default Incredible water retention/fat gain after RFL category 1!

Hi,
I recently finished my rfl as cat 1 male from 11% to about 9%. I had been dieting beforehand for about 3 months from 16%ish. With psmf my weight was stagnant at 70ish kg but i seen noticable results mirror wise. The thing is after my 2-3 day refeed i weighed 75.8kg (almost 6kg gain)!! Thats higher than what i started off with on my cut. My abs look really weird and i think ive put on a lot of fat. I think its water weight but it might be not. Its like a sheet of water and i have like a wee pouch right below belly button.
Ive had extremely bad bloating aswell during the diet break. The bloating have calmed down a bit but the fat/water is still there. Highly demotivating and annoying. As far as the 2 week diet break i maybe ate out once or twice but thats it I've been training and eating at maintenance +/- 100 cals each day.

Please help me on how to get back on track. Any advice on getting rid of the weight is really appreciated. Am really worried thinking the psmf was a waste of time and effort. It was a 12 day nightmare and hardest cut i had ever went through
Unread 12-28-2016, 08:14 AM
Administrator

How much fat can you have put on in 2-3 days?

Very little

Of course it's water.
Unread 12-28-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
How much fat can you have put on in 2-3 days?

Very little

Of course it's water.
Hi lyle,
thanks for replying. i realise that but why is the water retention not going away? Its been over 2 weeks. U briefly mentioned bloating and water retention in the book but did not mention any strategies to get rid of it. Can you please advice me on what to do. Couple of refeeds did not do the trick and mad me more bloated. Any advice is much appreciated.
Unread 12-28-2016, 10:28 AM

Any advice on how to get rid of it? I went from 9% to looking like a bloated 15% in a matter of days.
Unread 12-28-2016, 10:38 AM

And also to mention its been 2 weeks without any water loss. That is what worries me. Couple of refeeds didnt do the trick either.
Unread 12-29-2016, 05:17 AM

Check your salt intake. Stop stressing.
Unread 12-29-2016, 06:36 AM

Increasing stress by constant worrying can increase water retention.
Unread 12-30-2016, 03:49 AM

Same thing here! Coming to the end of my 2 week break and I'm 5kg up from when I started. I've definitely overeaten a few days (Christmas killed me) but I know if I have actually put fat on, it can't be more than 1kg. It's certainly water retention, and I wouldn't worry if I were you. Even if you have put on a small amount of weight, you'll drop it again when you start back on your diet.
Unread 12-30-2016, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hart View Post
Same thing here! Coming to the end of my 2 week break and I'm 5kg up from when I started. I've definitely overeaten a few days (Christmas killed me) but I know if I have actually put fat on, it can't be more than 1kg. It's certainly water retention, and I wouldn't worry if I were you. Even if you have put on a small amount of weight, you'll drop it again when you start back on your diet.
Thanks man for sharing man. Makes me feel a bit more confident now. Do u also like see a significant visual fat gain? thats what tripped me up the most. I knew water gain was part of the game but i literally looked like i gained 5% srs. By diet do u mean doing a second round of psmf? I did it as a cat 1 and it was brutal for 12 days. Also i dont think lyle reccomends a second one for cat 1 dieters
Unread 12-30-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fssqqqq32222 View Post
Thanks man for sharing man. Makes me feel a bit more confident now. Do u also like see a significant visual fat gain? thats what tripped me up the most. I knew water gain was part of the game but i literally looked like i gained 5% srs. By diet do u mean doing a second round of psmf? I did it as a cat 1 and it was brutal for 12 days. Also i dont think lyle reccomends a second one for cat 1 dieters
I do see a significant visual gain, yes. Mostly in my gut, but also my calves and upper arms. I look bloated as all hell, so much that my brother was like "holy crap". Yeah, I mean a second round of psmf if you're going to go ahead and do that. I'm actually still in cat 3, moving down to cat 2, so I imagine your water retention would be really visible.