BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-17-2017, 01:59 PM

Update: I am seriously losing it now. Finished a 2nd Cat 1 rfl for 11 days just to counteract the rebound weight from the 1st rfl i did. This time the water retention is still persistent. Theres a considerable amount of fat above the belly. Honestly feel like both my rfl were a complete fail. I did so well on the diet for the both the cases.

1st run i went from 12% bf to sub 9% bf. Then after a UD like refeed for 2-3 days and gained like 5.8kg. The water weight did not go away after 2 week diet break and remained steady. Its not the scale weight that annoyed me but the weird slab of water/fat right on the belly button area. Literally went from 9% to 15% in a matter of days and stayed there.

2nd run i went from the above 15% state to about 11-12% not even close to my 1st run results but it was noticeable. After just going to maintenance this time around same thing happend about 4kg weight gain and the belly "pouch" is back.

I really feel like my time has been wasted and now im on a lean bulk with a 10% surplus. The sole reason being i cant diet anymore. Im mentally drained plus the lack of results just killed me straight up. I know people said water weight but I didnt loose much scale weight on the diet anyway. And does the body hold water subcutaneously to this extent? Anyway am continuing on my lean bulk and might cut sometime before summer.

Any help on this topic is appreciated as always. Please let me know if anyone faced similar water retention issues and how they dropped it. Macros now are 320g carbs 170g pro 50g fat
Unread 01-18-2017, 05:38 AM

Maybe your cortisol is sky high.
Unread 01-18-2017, 08:43 AM

When's the last time you took a real break, fella? By real, I mean consciously took the effort to not count calories, exercised for enjoyment, and focused on other things in life other than your body image?
Unread 01-19-2017, 10:44 AM

Smile

Dont know tbh. Was dieting prior to rfl for 3 months with a 25% deficit. Lost a fair amount of fat and rfl just supercharged me to 9% bf. I know people say chill out its just water weight but its just not only on the scale i see the changes, literally im getting worse day by day. Imagine this 9% bf u do a refeed and go to bed the next day u wake up at 15% looking worse than ever. How can u not get pissed at that. Ab veins to kangaroo pouch mate. And it gets bigger every dat. FML. Its been a solid week after my 2nd RFL. It shouldve dropped by now. As much as i dont want to accept its fat gain. Its probably best to face reality at this point. I really hope someone with a similar experience can chime in on this. I feel like all that effort was for nothing. Everyday my scale weight is going up too. Ive started my lean bulk and ive gained about another kg in 3 weeks at 2500-2800 calories. 6ft 74kg looking like 16-17% bf as of today
Unread 01-19-2017, 11:34 AM

how much weight total did you lose and how quickly? Could it just be poor skin tone and loose skin?

Other than that and water, I don't know what it could be as long as you aren't overeating. I used to know someone that claimed they sleepwalked and ate food asleep... you have any food that's gone missing at night?!
Unread 01-19-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GauchoMark View Post
how much weight total did you lose and how quickly? Could it just be poor skin tone and loose skin?

Other than that and water, I don't know what it could be as long as you aren't overeating. I used to know someone that claimed they sleepwalked and ate food asleep... you have any food that's gone missing at night?!
Lol dont think so. From a energy balance perspective it doesnt make any sense. Even though my cravings have gone up, I could not possibly eat the amount of food required for me to gain over the shorter timeframe. Scale weight wise:

1st RFL 12 days 71.9kg to 70.4kg but visually mirror wise the most shredded i had ever been About 11-12% to 8-9%.
Then refeed and maintenance went tits up even though i stayed recommended calories went over maybe 2/3 days. Ballooned upto 75.8kg highest.

2nd RFL 11 days 75.8kg to 71.0kg went from looking like 16-18% to about 12%. Made no sense to me. After going back to maintenance I weigh 75kg now looking like 15-17% bf.
Couldnt give a I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. about the scale but the visually i look way fatter specially my abs. Its basically gone
Unread 01-19-2017, 01:58 PM

Stress = water retention, so I would also stop worrying so much.
Unread 01-19-2017, 02:44 PM

Can someone explain subcutaneous water retention? Where is it stored exactly other than muscle. Ive read of whooshes and squishy fat but can i hold so much water in my fat cells that it makes me look fatter than i was before? We are talking of about almost 5 and a bit kg or like 5%+ increase in bf here....

And also should i just chill and continue with my bulk? I know lyle doesnt reccomend bulks above 15% but i cannot cut anymore without wanting to kill myself. So will the water weight go away even if i am bulking? Or do i have to be in a deficit for a whoosh to happen?
Unread 01-19-2017, 06:50 PM

Take it easy. Water retention can vary widely, regardless of whether you are dieting or bulking. Consider it a basically uncontrollable aspect of your physique. You may influence it, but you can't control it. If it is abnormally high, and stress related, and refeeds do not help, the other thing you can count on is time. It will all get better.

In the meantime, don't do anything stupid or very different. Remember to be rational. You are clearly thinking emotionally, and people are trying to tell you. So you wanna know what causes it so you can solve it; I get it. But you can't control it, and that's the answer. I gave you a short list of variables, but the best advice anyone can give you now is to get over it. Worse things have happened to better people. I've probably had worse. I'd say it was no big deal. In fairness, I don't let people take pictures of my body all the time. Are you one of those people? If so, my condolences.

On the other hand, you might have a terrible disease and be dying.

I think the basic info is explained on the main site under whooshes.
Unread 01-20-2017, 01:37 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Take it easy. Water retention can vary widely, regardless of whether you are dieting or bulking. Consider it a basically uncontrollable aspect of your physique. You may influence it, but you can't control it. If it is abnormally high, and stress related, and refeeds do not help, the other thing you can count on is time. It will all get better.

In the meantime, don't do anything stupid or very different. Remember to be rational. You are clearly thinking emotionally, and people are trying to tell you. So you wanna know what causes it so you can solve it; I get it. But you can't control it, and that's the answer. I gave you a short list of variables, but the best advice anyone can give you now is to get over it. Worse things have happened to better people. I've probably had worse. I'd say it was no big deal. In fairness, I don't let people take pictures of my body all the time. Are you one of those people? If so, my condolences.

On the other hand, you might have a terrible disease and be dying.

I think the basic info is explained on the main site under whooshes.
Thanks man. Appreciate the advice!