BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Banned

Default Is UD2.0 Diet right for me?

I am not 12-15% bodyfat. I am 18% confirmed by DEXA body comp recently.

If not, what recommendations for training protocols? Currently I am doing reverse pyramid compound exercises with isolation when major muscle groups fatigue (this is not fully body - UD2.0 which does full body isolation depletion which is why I was originally considering it with the carb-up refeed) 3-4x a week and HIIT on off days, with one long LISS in there for cardiovascular. I do mobility training exercises/stretching 2-4x a week. Cold water therapy every day 2x aday.

I like the notion of the full body depletion and carb up refeed and I suppose it could work, but may not be the best suited for me until 12-15% as recommended in the book. I'm just looking for more ideas at this point I guess. Thanks to anyone who contributes to this thread.
Unread 01-04-2017, 11:03 AM
Administrator

DEXA systematically gives higher values for BF% and the 12-15% is from older methods which are always lower. So UD2 is a possibility
Unread 01-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
DEXA systematically gives higher values for BF% and the 12-15% is from older methods which are always lower. So UD2 is a possibility
Hey, much appreciated Lyle. If I go that route, I'll post some logs in here.
Unread 01-04-2017, 11:43 AM

Why don't you use a more moderate/sane diet strategy until you can no longer drop fat or your lifts decrease?
Unread 01-04-2017, 04:18 PM

Alternatively (and what I am doing right now) is try a week (or as much as you can handle - I can only handle about 6-7 days) of a RFL type diet where you focus on lean protein with low carbs and low fat, with moderate cardio and a lifting program such as the one Lyle posted in the RFL sub forum. It is essentially a full body workout, 2-3 sets per muscle group in the 6-8 rep range, 2 or 3 times per week. This sets up a pretty large weekly deficit. You might try this to lose some pounds quickly before jumping into UD2. For me, I need to carb load on day 7 or else I am a miserable SOB and my energy tanks. I try and get 1-1.25 lbs protein per lb of lbm. I would put myself as a cat 2, on the cusp of cat 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgshare View Post
I am not 12-15% bodyfat. I am 18% confirmed by DEXA body comp recently.

If not, what recommendations for training protocols? Currently I am doing reverse pyramid compound exercises with isolation when major muscle groups fatigue (this is not fully body - UD2.0 which does full body isolation depletion which is why I was originally considering it with the carb-up refeed) 3-4x a week and HIIT on off days, with one long LISS in there for cardiovascular. I do mobility training exercises/stretching 2-4x a week. Cold water therapy every day 2x aday.

I like the notion of the full body depletion and carb up refeed and I suppose it could work, but may not be the best suited for me until 12-15% as recommended in the book. I'm just looking for more ideas at this point I guess. Thanks to anyone who contributes to this thread.
Unread 02-02-2017, 10:49 AM
Banned

As an update -- Thanks for the additional replies. After a month of continuing my strict ketogenic diet (yes not UD2.0) and my weight lifting protocol, I am down to 12.8% bf. It may be off, but definitely less than 18% where I was. I'll be following up with another DEXA scan end of this month (Feb).

I'm still making progress, albeit slows down as it should, so I'm going to continue to do this for another 2-3 weeks and then assess if I should switch to UD2.0 (carb up refeeds). I am already doing a lot more volume than UD2.0 workout without any carbs and making strength gains, so I'm going to continue and then assess.

Any thoughts are welcome. I'll keep posted, especially if I start up UD2.0. Appreciate all the motivation in this body recomp. It's great to see people making progress.
Unread 02-02-2017, 11:03 AM

Don't fix what isn't broken.
Unread 02-03-2017, 07:20 AM

If you can handle UD2.0, there's no reason not to give it a shot for a few weeks to see how you do on it. The weight loss might not be as rapid as with other diets, but the fat loss will be - assuming you nail the carb load and everything.

Every time I've run UD2.0, I've seen recomposition rather than strictly just fat loss. It's hard but for those kind of results, you can't expect it to be easy. After a few weeks back to back, you'll know whether you can make it work or not.

Last edited by Totentanz : 02-03-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Unread 02-09-2017, 08:20 PM

You can do it, and you will have superior muscle mass maintenence while losing fat on UD2, but it is so physically and mentally taxing that even the best of us have difficulty adhering. I tried it for 2 weeks, and I liked the 2 week results, but I couldn't continue doing it. Also this was when Iw as in high school and when I had free time to meal prep, etc. If you are a busy person this routine will be very difficult.
Unread 02-10-2017, 07:15 AM

Agreed, it is definitely tough. I have to restructure it slightly to put the carb load on my days off from work, but the book does provide plenty of information on how to work it around your schedule.