BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-21-2017, 07:14 AM

Guzza, fully document that conversation. If they're 'management', you can bet they did and you may need your account later. And no, I'm not a paranoid, I manage people for a living and my wife is an expert HR Director. This sort of thing can turn around on you.
Likely it won't, and maybe they really are just good guys but best to be prepared.
Unread 01-23-2017, 06:44 PM

I had people say those things to me also when I dropped a lot of weight, and I didn't understand it until I saw myself in a photo.
In my case, they were right. I didn't look healthy.
Not saying that's the case with you. If your happy, and your girl is happy, then don't sweat it.
Unread 01-26-2017, 01:47 AM

Dude you should be VERY concerned about that meeting.

They had two people there for a reason. So it's not just he said/she said. Trust me that meeting was scheduled and documented with HR. Bringing up booze certainly didn't help your cause.

Take it from me they think you have a drug problem. They weren't patronizing you they are looking for signs of drug abuse to can you before it becomes a problem most likely.

Take the diet easy for awhille. Your face should adapt and look significantly less emaciated in a few weeks.

They probably think you are on meth or heroin/opioids.

Whatever you do don't start acting high strung at work, showing up late, etc. Let them see everything is fine.

You gotta realize normal people don't actually follow through with diet and exercise routines. Giant weight loss is a big red flag

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 02-01-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post

They had two people there for a reason. So it's not just he said/she said. Trust me that meeting was scheduled and documented with HR. Bringing up booze certainly didn't help your cause.

Take it from me they think you have a drug problem. They weren't patronizing you they are looking for signs of drug abuse to can you before it becomes a problem most likely.

Take the diet easy for awhille. Your face should adapt and look significantly less emaciated in a few weeks.

Whatever you do don't start acting high strung at work, showing up late, etc. Let them see everything is fine.

You gotta realize normal people don't actually follow through with diet and exercise routines. Giant weight loss is a big red flag
Great advice!,
Been doing exactly that, diet break in full swing, water weight up in face, energy up.
All is back to normal, even had a few people ask for fitness advice.
(first they ask why, then they ask how :P)
I am 100% certain it wasnt anything to do with them thinking I was on drugs, the junkie look was a joke. They just thought I was developing an eating disorder.
Lesson learned here is exactly what you said,
normal people very rarely lose a lot of weight very fast.
Yes its normal to us, we see it on youtube, fitness circles etc, but to the average person this very weird.
Emphasising that it was temporary and safe etc wasnt enough, I had to actually complete the diet and take a diet break to show this. Once I did peoples attitude completely changed.
When they seen that it was temporary and I could go back to eating in moderation, it's like they realised it wasnt an eating disorder I had. They realised I knew what I was doing.
They have seen the results I got, going back to normal without binging and how happy I was with my goal.
It has not been brought up again and nobody has even said they are worried or anything since I started diet break. I actually forgot I made this thread.
My advice for anyone in my situation is to take diet breaks regularly and not take things personal. Taking things personal will just make things worse. Just stay positive and realise that when you take a diet break people will completely forget you went on a crash diet. Diet breaks are important for many reasons outside your physical and mental health, but also your environment in your social group and work.

Last edited by guzza1993 : 02-01-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Unread 02-05-2017, 09:13 AM

Yeah, I was living in TIGHT living quarters for a few weeks after I got out of rehab. 6 people in a 3 bedroom house with a full time employee.

So suffice to say everyone knew what everyone was eating at all times.

When i went on my CAT 2 RFL (probably should have been CAT 3 looking back on it) everyone told me it was horrible for me.

8 weeks later I was strutting around 20 pounds lighter (and this was taking every weekend off completely when I was allowed to go home) And they were all asking for advice. Even the kiddos

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 02-06-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post

I doubt the comment about booze would have mattered if the context is as OP suggests. Unless something else about his performance suggested being under the influence at work. "I am consuming less alcohol than I used to" is pretty benign. Same holds true for other potential substance abuse issues - if the only sign is weight loss, with no real change in attendance, demeanor, or appearance, that's weak sauce for a fit-for-duty exam. Concern about an eating disorder is a credible explanation, in other words.

I have heard of people in deep ketosis getting tested for alcohol, though, because of the smell. Which would be mildly hilarious provided it happened to not me.