BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-29-2017, 10:54 AM

Default Workout Schedule (Cat 3)

Newbie here. I'm on Day 3 of RFL and so far things are going well (-8lbs from last week).

I'm working on my game plan for this week and am wondering when it's best to workout. Same day as a free meal so I offset the extra calories some? Or morning after free meal to deplete any glycogen from consuming carbs the night before? Or does it even matter? Or am I completely overthinking this?

My free meals will be Monday (date night w/ hubby) and Friday (dinner after kids' hockey practice). Free meals will be dinner at a restaurant which will likely include a couple glasses of red wine. I've been working out for about a month now, so I'm not starting anything new. Workouts will be assisted pull-ups, dips, legs and some core exercises. I'm at Cat 3, 35, female, 5'8", currently 207lbs.

Thanks!

Last edited by aNNaBeLLe123 : 01-29-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Unread 01-31-2017, 08:35 AM

Well I worked out yesterday morning and took my free meal last night. I had sushi and 2 glasses of wine. When I got home a had another glass, which in retrospect, was a bad idea and resulted in a crappy morning this morning. Daily numbers were: 1300 cal, 56g carb, 33g fat and 102g protein. Not ideal, but I'm chalking this up to a learning experience.

I got terrible sleep last night (not the norm for me) and woke up exhausted and hungry. I'm really glad I wasn't supposed to wake up at 4:45 am and workout this morning. I will keep it two glasses next time and reassess my energy levels/sleep on Saturday.

I think for me, working out the day of a free meal will probably be best.
Unread 01-31-2017, 10:42 AM

There is a degree of individuality in any diet/exercise program so you will have to see how things work for you. The diet/exercise program provides some structure but you still need to figure out some things on your own. Keep track of what works and doesn't so you know for next time. Also, don't let minor deviations derail you from the overall plan. In other words, if you slip up, it isn't the end of the world. Good luck and keep up the good work.
Unread 02-01-2017, 05:26 AM

just my personal experience, but on this diet, if I drink alcohol (pretty much doesn't matter if it is one glass or 4) I feel terrible the next day. Not a hangover, but I don't sleep well that night and I just feel absolutely ridiculous the next day.

For me, it isn't worth it to drink while on RFL. I do better to just have a nice meal, satisfy any cravings, and move along without the alcohol.

I read that it is really tough on your kidneys to drink while in keto, but I'm not sure about the details. I even tried drinking a little (at a party) following a carb reefed thinking that the reefed got me out of keto and it wouldn't be so bad and I had pretty much the same results.

Just my experience - not worth it for me.
Unread 02-01-2017, 06:47 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

Yesterday was pretty awful energy and hunger-wise, so I most definitely won't be doing 3 glasses again. I woke up feeling much better today. I'm going to go for 2 glasses on Friday and assess how I feel Saturday. Hopefully, I won't have the same response you have GauchoMark. If I do, I'll cut to one and see if that will work. I'll look into the kidney issues too. Thanks!

Alcohol is struggle for me--it's my chocolate cake/dessert/indulgence of choice. I'm not an alcoholic--I CAN go without drinking, I just don't like to. Alcohol is my stress reliever. I have 4 small kids (all 5 yrs and under) and work full-time. I typically drink 2-3 glasses per night which I know has contributed to my weight gain over the last couple years (that and snacking and lack of exercise). Plus, I just really like drinking red wine and IPAs.

I struggle with moderation. So far (I'm only Day 6), RFL has been good because it sets strict limits, but allows for twice a week flexibility. I've never been a "dieter". I typically stand-by the eat healthy, control portions, and workout mantra and you'll lose weight, but as I've said... I have issues with moderation, so this isn't working out for me. I like how RFL has macro limits instead of calorie limits--this helps prevent making poor food choices. I do succumb to carb cravings, so I was planning to transition to a keto diet for maintenance. That's probably not going to work long term if I can't have alcohol occasionally. I guess I'll just have to see how my body reacts.