BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-20-2017, 12:10 PM

Default QuadQueen: RFL & Back to Greatness

Hi everyone. Its my first post here. Been using RFL and Keto for many, many contest seasons now.

Heavyweight pro bodybuilder (compete at 162-168 lbs), 5'6" female, crappy situations = got heavy. No excuses. Let's fix it. Time to compete again. Here I am! This log will follow my progress til I'm stage ready again.

Started RFL February 1st. Currently a little bothered at what I'm thinking is WICKED water retention. And yes, lol... before anyone asks. I am accurately weighing and measuring my foods and logging everything on a spreadsheet to keep perfect record. FBWO 2x/week--heavy lifting.

2/1: 259.2
2/2: 259.2
2/3: 258.6
2/4: 258
2/5: 255.8 (free meal today)
2/6: 255.4
2/7: 254.8
2/8: 254.2
2/9: 252.8
2/10: 253.8
2/11: 252.8
2/12: 252.8
2/13: 252.4
2/14: 252.4 (free meal today)
2/15: 253.4
2/16: 252.4
2/17: 252.4 (got irritated, had 3oz alcohol to induce woosh tomorrow)
2/18: 251.2 (3oz alcohol to induce woosh tomorrow)
2/19: 249.6 (3oz alcohol to induce woosh tomorrow)
2/20: 250.2

Well, no woosh today, no more alcohol for me. I don't drink and I hated every moment of sipping it down, haha. Hoping my body will dump this water soon! I've never been this heavy before, nor have I ever stayed the same exact weight 9+ days in a row while under 1000 cals! I'm a science-minded woman so I'm thinking the 1st law of thermodynamics HAS TO apply here...
Unread 02-20-2017, 12:54 PM

Sounds like you are frustrated but I say congratulations on your progress!

From what I can see from your numbers you have lost a total of 9 lb's in about 20 day's with weekly weight losses of 4.4 lb's in the first week which is when a lot of water weight is lost, to 2.4 lbs and 2.2 lbs in the 2nd and 3rd weeks. You are seeing consistent progress each week so I say congratulations on your success and don't sweat the stall (which we all experience from time to time).

I know it's easy to feel impatient to get back to where we were when we have fallen but don't let that get the best of you. Subscribed and will be following as I'd like to get on a stage someday too.

Good Luck!
Unread 02-20-2017, 03:40 PM

Hi there. Thank you for the encouragement

Indeed I am a tad frustrated stalling immediately with much bodyfat to lose still. Didn't really experience the "instant gratification" of mega droppage on the scale that most people at my current weight get for a couple weeks when beginning RFL.

It looks like I lost 9 lbs in 20 days, but in reality, I kinda cheated those last few pounds of water out with 3 consecutive days of 3oz alcohol. We will see if I zing back to the scale's favorite 252.4 again since I'm not planning on anymore booze, lol. Hope not!

Regardless, I have always been highly disciplined on a diet/routine when prepping for shows, so I anticipate if I stick it out, a real woosh is on its way.
Unread 02-21-2017, 08:56 AM

2/21: 250.2

Had a great FBWO lift yesterday. Someone irritated me at the gym and I ended up pushing harder than ever--increasing weight on just about every lift, haha.

Weight remained at 250.2 which is fine since I lifted hard last night and I'm not doing anymore alcohol experiments on myself to dehydrate me.

Its warm enough to grill outside now so I've got some delicious chicken breasts that'll go great with the green beans I just picked. I find it very easy to eat the same things over and over again: Chicken, lean steak, tuna, hard boiled eggs, haddock, shrimp, 1% cottage cheese, protein shake. I was always very strict during contest prep for 12-16 weeks, so its not hard to be regimented on RFL. And I love plain things, without many sauces or spices. I'm weird! Anyway, today is chicken day--all day, every meal.
Unread 02-23-2017, 08:54 AM

2/22: 248
2/23: 246.8

Very cool! I seemed to have moved swiftly off my 9-day stall. So tomorrow I am planning a "free meal" which is a relatively new thing for me.

In previous years of contest dieting, my off-season weight was a max of 205-210 lbs which put me in the low 20-22% bodyfat range. I had always started dieting for my contest season leaner than I am currently, allowing me delicious mountains of carbs on refeed days.

For a free meal, it basically says don't be a glutton, but have a meal where you're not supremely concerned about the macros, so I'm thinking 2/24 will include my favorite! I will PSMF all day til the evening where I will have SOGGY whole grain Cheerios with milk (I love them after they've sat in milk 20mins) before I lift, then after lifting--a Chipotle chicken salad with double brown rice & a little bag of peanut butter M&Ms.

I always took my refeeds on lifting days only and plan to do the same thing with these free meals. Is that good for a free meal? Its only my 3rd time trying a free meal instead of a carb fest, so I'm gonna go with it...
Unread 02-23-2017, 10:15 AM

How long ago did you compete last? 100lbs over stage weight is no mean feat and I wish you all the best.

Are you hoping to get back to 160ish or have you gained a lot of muscle since your last prep?
Unread 02-24-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellurium View Post
How long ago did you compete last? 100lbs over stage weight is no mean feat and I wish you all the best.

Are you hoping to get back to 160ish or have you gained a lot of muscle since your last prep?

Thank you for the kind words! Indeed I do have a road ahead of me... Had a surprise medical issue that whacked me out of proportion in a bad way, but that's over now and I'm looking forward to progress The good thing is that I know *how* to diet and dial myself in properly. It'll just take time.

Its been a bit more than 3 years since the last show... I am hoping to compete around 168-172 this year--not sure where I'll end up. To me, its less about the number and more about the look. Throughout my 3 year hiatus, I have been consistently lifting 4-5 days per week, so there could be some muscle gain there.

My weight is not like a "typical woman"... Not many women will be 190 and near 16% so no one would really look at me and say holy goodness you're REALLY 250!? When I began gaining weight, I was last DEXA'd at 210 @ 20.5% bf and 188 @ 16% bf, so getting back in that range would be my major goals at this point. Then its probably gonna be back to UD 2.0 to dial in.
Unread 02-24-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadQueen View Post
I was last DEXA'd at 210 @ 20.5% bf and 188 @ 16% bf
What was the time span? You've lost 13 pound of fat and 9 pound of LBM in that period.
Unread 02-24-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
What was the time span? You've lost 13 pound of fat and 9 pound of LBM in that period.
There wasn’t a specific time span. I did not lose X amount of weight in X amount of days. These are just 2 independent points in time.

From previous years, I know that when I am around 190 lbs, I happen to be around 16% bodyfat.

I know that when I was at 210 lbs, I happened to be ~21%.

I was just stating what my bf % was at two reference points in my life that I’ve been DEXA’d. Looking forward, I would hope to garner similar bf% at similar weights as I progress on RFL.
Unread 02-26-2017, 12:28 AM

2/24: 246.2 (Chipotle free meal today)
2/25: 248

2/24's workout was awesome and the free meal afterwards was pretty satisfying. No surprise on some water gain from the sodium-laden Chipotle, haha. Carbs lulled me right into an early sleep too.

I'd like to get down to at least 239 before I use another free meal again.

Was super hungry tonight after the free meal yesterday. Had most of my calories in the evening tonight too and still couldn't get satiated. Ended up watching Wedding Crashers 3x in a row to keep myself busy. Hunger has been a non-issue for me thus far until tonight. Nothing else too exciting, let's see what new low I can hit this week!