BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-26-2017, 09:36 AM

Hmm, nothing impressive to report today. Weight is up another .8 since my free meal even after dieting perfectly yesterday. Weird.

2/24: 246.2 (Chipotle free meal)
2/25: 248
2/26: 248.8

Nothing we can do about that I guess. Let's just wait and hope this water drops off nicely and I keep on flying through the 240's.
Unread 03-01-2017, 08:58 AM

2/27: 247.6
2/28: 247
3/1: 245.8

Finally dropped off the water from my free meal. Jeez, I did have a double brown rice chicken salad from Chipotle, 3 of my bro's chips, & little bag of peanut butter M&Ms, and then it took me 5 days to drop off the 2 lbs of water weight?! Haha. Is that normal to take 5 days to drop water after a free meal?

Every time I've contest dieted before and used massive carb up refeeds, I'd put on 4-5 lbs of water and cannot really remember how long it took me to drop it off again...

Feeling a bit tired today, but tonight is a lifting workout. Mini-goal: Looking forward to reaching 239 on the scale soon
Unread 03-01-2017, 09:23 AM

Did you even take advantage of the massive weight gain and smash previous lifts? You could've greatly used this to your advantage.
Unread 03-03-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Did you even take advantage of the massive weight gain and smash previous lifts? You could've greatly used this to your advantage.
I did lift consistently throughout the weight gain (however, I was close to these big lifts numbers back when I was lean at 190 too, so I'm not sure how much good mass I may have gained during putting on weight). Before I began RFL February 1st of this year, my last big lifts looked like this:

Bench: 225 lbs @ 8 reps
Squat: 335 lbs @ 5 reps (6th rep was sloppy, didnt count it)
Deads: 480 lbs @ 3 reps
Legpress: 1475 lbs @ 8 reps (this irritates me because back when I was lean at 190, I got this same stupid 45 degree angled legpress for 1675 @ 6 reps and unfortunately that 1675 hasn't happened in a long time).

Those were my highlights from January 20, 2017. On RFL, I'm not maxing out like this since I'm doing full-body workouts. And I'm not trying to be a powerlifter. I value my physique & aesthetic goals over being a thick big girl with strength at this point. I love being strong, but I honestly don't mind if I don't bench, squat, or DL those numbers. I care about getting back on stage with a lean physique that I haven't seen in a few years.
Unread 03-03-2017, 03:06 PM

Making my way a little lower this week, so that's cool...

3/2: 244.6
3/3: 244.8

Tonight is a big plate of grilled cajun-lime shrimpies with colored peppers! I've got hard-boiled eggs made and some lean meatballs too that I cooked for the week. Chicken is taking a back seat for me this week--I think I always overcook it and dry it out, haha.

I'm really looking forward to hitting the 230's again. And then straight down to 210 which is within my normal off-season weight range, so I know I'll begin to feel like myself again
Unread 03-03-2017, 03:51 PM

Sorry for diverting the thread, but if you brine the chicken in about 1/2 cup salt in some water you will lose that overcooked dry chicken.

The other choice is to sous vide it. It can't be dried and overcooked then.

Frankly I would rather eat shrimp every day, but just in case you want to go back to chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadQueen View Post
Making my way a little lower this week, so that's cool...

Tonight is a big plate of grilled cajun-lime shrimpies with colored peppers! I've got hard-boiled eggs made and some lean meatballs too that I cooked for the week. Chicken is taking a back seat for me this week--I think I always overcook it and dry it out, haha.

I'm really looking forward to hitting the 230's again. And then straight down to 210 which is within my normal off-season weight range, so I know I'll begin to feel like myself again
Unread 03-05-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
Sorry for diverting the thread, but if you brine the chicken in about 1/2 cup salt in some water you will lose that overcooked dry chicken.

The other choice is to sous vide it. It can't be dried and overcooked then.

Frankly I would rather eat shrimp every day, but just in case you want to go back to chicken.

I will indeed be going back to chicken soon since there's two more full packages in the freezer. I'll try another method, thank you. On RFL, ya sometimes get burned out on the same foods and have to be creative. I like mainly plain things without a lot of sauces/spices so chicken plain has been rather boring for me. Grilling in nice weather should help, but then again I always UNDERcook the chicken on the grill somehow, lol.

On another note:
3/4: 243.4
3/5: 243.4

Time to leave the 240s behind--This week I'm hoping!
Unread 03-06-2017, 04:16 PM

Pretty sweet workout today, strength & energy is not faltering at all yet. I tend to function quite well on keto diets and carb cycling throughout all of my years of prep, unlike some bodybuilding friends I have who pulls carbs get miserable, groggy, and short-fused with no carbs. I am pleased with my RFL progress so far

Always feels good to be losing 3 lbs per week!

3/4: 243.4
3/6: 242.6

I forgot to mention, I started at a high of 268.8 lbs this January, started RFL at 262.6 lbs February 1st, so not bad for ~a month of RFL eh!
Unread 03-08-2017, 04:51 PM

Ummm, holy goodness!? So I was apparently really busy yesterday and didn't even notice it, but I only ended up drinking 3 cups of water ALL DAY instead of my usual gallon jug.

The scale went nuts this morning....

3/6: 242.6
3/7: 242.6 (only 3 cups water)
3/8: 243.8

That's called conservation of water, lol. Jeez body. Homeostasis really gave me a kick in the pants there. It wasn't even a free meal or lifting day! Regular PSMF diet and I popped up 1.2 lbs overnight. That's ok. Water weight is a funny thing.

I was going to wait til 239 to do the next free meal, but I've been staving off weird cravings lately for things like salty rice crackers, baked potatoes--sea salted and spray buttered. Even in my morning cottage cheese, I taste the lovely sodium. Perhaps physiologically my body wants salt?? I would like to take a free meal soon. My last one was February 24th. This Friday 3/10 I will have a free meal and then look forward to hitting the new group of numbers after that.
Unread 03-09-2017, 01:27 AM

When on RFL, it's recommended to take sufficient electrolytes (including salt). It's somewhere in the book.