BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-28-2017, 03:20 AM

Default L tyrosine + 5 htp

Hi all.

I'm looking into supplementing with l tyrosine and 5 htp for overall mood support.

Do I need to cycle these in the case that they may build a tolerance? Also, are there any specific or recommended ways to take them (time, together/apart, etc)

If they are susceptible to tolerance does anyone know any supplements to cycle for mood support?

I know micros and nutrition come first for overall function, but I'd like any small kick I might receive from supplementation.
Unread 03-03-2017, 06:38 PM

Tyrosine will develop a tolerance. I'm not sure that's the best word because more tyrosine supplementation will not bring back it's "high". 5htp will not develop any tolerance or anything like that.

Usually tyrosine is a day time thing and 5htp is a night time/all day thing.

Other supps would be L-dopa though most (myself included) world advise to steer clear of that. Other than that, you kinda just have to let the tolerance wear off of the tyrosine for a few weeks or more and let the high come back. That or find a psychiatrist to write you scripts for bupropion or way more potent, Adderall.

- Louis C. K.