BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-05-2017, 06:16 PM

Day 5:

Thanks for the support everyone! Here's to over a week of dieting, 5 days into the PSMF. Weighed in this morning at 265.7#, so already a bit lighter. I feel lighter. I had an awesome BM right after breakfast, too, thanks to the psyllium husks so might have dipped slightly past 265 I'm estimating.

More chicken and broccoli today... one meal of egg beaters and nonfat cottage cheese. ~900 calories, ~160g protein. Ran out of fish oil... going to the store for that and a re-up on leafy greens.

I think what's really keeping my hunger down is not going all out on training right away. Again, going to start my routine tomorrow with a few compound lifts and walking at an incline.

m/b/s: 1/5/1

I am feeling such a weight lifting off of my... everything. I love being in control of what goes in my mouth. Body is not good right now due to reasons not related to the diet.... I missed a stair last night and took a tumble. Pulled my ankle and hobbling around a bit today. Should be just a day or so recovery but OWIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

EC starts tomorrow... 12.5/100 first thing in the AM before workout.
Unread 03-06-2017, 05:57 PM

Day 6:

8oz chicken breast, broccoli
Can of tuna, broccoli
Egg Beaters (150 cal), broccoli
~850 calories, 150g protein

Fish oil, no coffee

m/b/s: 6/5/6

Tough day today. I went out last night to a concert and wanted to have a good time. I tried toughing it out for about a half hour, still feeling starved, but I cracked and had a tequila on ice. It hit me very fast, and I went up again at about 10:30 and got another.

It made the show more enjoyable, I had a good time, but I feel a lot of regret this morning having broken the diet. This diet doesn't allow for that kind of flexibility. I'm staying on track this week and I will consider this both of my "free meals." For the remainder of the diet I will be more careful in putting myself in the sort of environment where I am tempted away from my goals.

My ankle still sucks. Getting up tomorrow morning for exercise.
Unread 03-07-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitcoinbull View Post

Tough day today. I went out last night to a concert and wanted to have a good time. I tried toughing it out for about a half hour, still feeling starved, but I cracked and had a tequila on ice. It hit me very fast, and I went up again at about 10:30 and got another.

It made the show more enjoyable, I had a good time, but I feel a lot of regret this morning having broken the diet. This diet doesn't allow for that kind of flexibility. I'm staying on track this week and I will consider this both of my "free meals." For the remainder of the diet I will be more careful in putting myself in the sort of environment where I am tempted away from my goals.
Haha, my whole family went out to Sonic a few nights ago for half-priced shakes. I went for the ride and sat there and watched wanting to chew my arm off--I was so hungry.

Went home and had 5 hard-boiled egg whites & a whole tbsp of marinara was my treat. Next morning I dropped 1.4 lbs overnight, so it was worth it to wait! That shake will still be there next time if I want it for a free meal day and I feel I was rewarded for having iron willpower! "Eyes on the prize!"
Unread 03-07-2017, 05:12 PM

Day 7:

Baked walleye, broccoli
Baked tuna steak, broccoli
Leftover tuna steak, broccoli

Lots of ceyenne pepper and salt, fish oil, natural calm

160g protein, 850 calories

m/b/s: 6/5/4

Didn't sleep well at all last night. Probably got an hour of sleep. Decided to mix it up today with some lean fish from the store. Was pretty tasty.. I especially liked the tuna steaks. Walked around a bit today, but really low energy on the amount of sleep I got. Hoping for a reset tonight... gonna tough it out instead of falling asleep after work, but shutting off the phone and TV pretty early.

Onward.
Unread 03-08-2017, 06:22 PM

Thanks for the kind words, QuadQueen. That is good perspective. Sometimes you just gotta grin and bear it.

Day 8:

Rest of Tuna Steak (~10oz) / Steamed broccoli
Turkey tenderloin (16oz) / broccoli (made a few small meals of this)

That puts me at 720 calories... later going to have some nonfat cottage cheese which puts me right at 880cal/198g protein.

Lots of water today, fish oil, l-tryptophan

m/b/s: 3/2/3

I'm starting to settle in with the reality of this diet. I really love hot sauce but damn this is a bare bones approach to losing fat. I had a dream last night of ordering greek take out. I had a few times today where my hunger was making me a little edgy... I just drank more water and nibbled on broccoli and it went away. Cleaned my house today which felt good and almost like a workout. Good to keep my mind off of eating. Calories feel like they're in the right place... not too much not too little. Looking forward to Sunday weigh-in.
Unread 03-09-2017, 08:23 PM

Day 9:

M1-3: 3 cans tuna, 1lb green beans, 1 large package kale, garlic, salt, red peppers (~99g protein)

M4-5: 2 cups egg whites cooked w/ salt and pepper, 1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese (~60g protein)

Still pretty groggy in the morning. Not a bad day energy-wise. I had coffee in the morning. Been doing a lot of walking... need to make time to lift. Weigh-in soon....

m/f/s

2/2/2
Unread 03-10-2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitcoinbull View Post
I'm starting to settle in with the reality of this diet.
Yeah it can be pretty tough. How many days did you plan for this diet?
Unread 03-10-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I'm starting to settle in with the reality of this diet. I really love hot sauce but damn this is a bare bones approach to losing fat. I had a dream last night of ordering greek take out.
It's rough. 2-3 weeks and my body says enough. The worst is what you had with ordering greek. I start to fantasize about food.

But willpower can overcome these feelings.
Unread 03-10-2017, 11:42 AM

You're doing great though...keep it up.
Unread 03-10-2017, 08:03 PM

Day 10:

M1-2: 2 cups egg beaters, 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese, chili paste, salt, peppers, broccoli
M3-4: 2 chicken breasts, broccoli

A little low on cals today... might have a little more chicken later. 148g protein according to MFP and my goal is 160.

Drank some green tea this morning to wake up. Drank some coffee after that for appetite suppression. Energy pretty stable. No more bad dreams.

2 days to weigh-in. Thanks for all of your comments.

m/b/s: 3/2/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Yeah it can be pretty tough. How many days did you plan for this diet?
6 weeks