BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-21-2016, 01:04 PM

Protein intake is set at 1.5g/lb lbm so ~200g for me. Carbs are set at 400g on lifting days and 150g on rest days. Rest comes from fat. 3000 calories workout days and 2000 calories rest days. Maintenance is around 2300, and I can easily eat 4,000 calories in a day before I would actually consider myself "full," so I'm trying to take steps to prevent myself from going over during the bulk. I wouldn't be taking the full dose either. At most, I would do 2 doses on off days (3 times a week), and potentially 1 dose for a pre workout stim on workout days.
Unread 11-21-2016, 01:17 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm interested in the type of food you consume. Can anything be improved towards less processed food? Also have an active lifestyle may help.

Besides: I think taking ephedrine is a bad, bad idea. Drugs/supplements should not fix something that is broken.
Unread 11-21-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm interested in the type of food you consume. Can anything be improved towards less processed food? Also have an active lifestyle may help.

Besides: I think taking ephedrine is a bad, bad idea. Drugs/supplements should not fix something that is broken.
Ephedrine is a good idea.
Unread 11-21-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Ephedrine is a good idea.
Not taking it indefinitely to fix hunger...
Unread 11-21-2016, 02:15 PM

My diet is what I would consider very "clean." All of my diet comes from whole foods even when I'm on a bulk. I actually actively worked on increasing the food quality recently as opposed to just looking at macros strictly for satiety reasons. I could probably incorporate more vegetables, but I already add some and hate taking the time to cook them. Honestly, I believe this has happened because I was obese my entire childhood and teenage years. I'm likely leptin resistant, and I likely have a larger number of fat cells than your average person. I'm sure I have artificially inflated my setpoint by being obese all those years, so I just have to be careful. I thought ephedrine could help with that but you are right, it will not work for longterm appetite suppression because the appetite suppression decreases with tolerance.
Unread 11-21-2016, 04:45 PM

I'm glad this discussion has come up RE: bulking with EC stack. But I haven't really seen a conclusive answer to the question. I'm also interested in the answer. Are the benefits partitioning wise there? Or are the benefits mainly found with a weight loss diet?

I'm curious. Just outside the moral aspect or financial costs or whatever, does it provide benefits during a bulk (outside the thermo aspects)?
Unread 11-22-2016, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
My diet is what I would consider very "clean." All of my diet comes from whole foods even when I'm on a bulk. I actually actively worked on increasing the food quality recently as opposed to just looking at macros strictly for satiety reasons. I could probably incorporate more vegetables, but I already add some and hate taking the time to cook them. Honestly, I believe this has happened because I was obese my entire childhood and teenage years. I'm likely leptin resistant, and I likely have a larger number of fat cells than your average person. I'm sure I have artificially inflated my setpoint by being obese all those years, so I just have to be careful. I thought ephedrine could help with that but you are right, it will not work for longterm appetite suppression because the appetite suppression decreases with tolerance.
Seems okay. I have similar problems regarding appetite. A few options you may consider that helped me:
- Increase your protein intake to 250g instead of 200g.
- Intermittent fasting (lean gains). Just make sure you're keeping yourself busy in the fasting window; do something creative, go walk, do your housekeeping, do research, go shopping, make phone calls... you get the point.
- Increase your NEAT. There are tons of ways to increase your activity level. Take the stairs, drink enough water to increase your bathroom visit frequency, incorporate silly movements when you're sitting, go for walks, take a pet, take the bike, be inefficient...
- And... drum roll.... vegetables. For lazy people like me, I buy a big bag of various vegetables (is stir-fry the correct word?), cook it, use spices, and done. You can make it for a few days of course. It only takes 10 minutes.
Unread 11-22-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion009 View Post
I'm glad this discussion has come up RE: bulking with EC stack. But I haven't really seen a conclusive answer to the question. I'm also interested in the answer. Are the benefits partitioning wise there? Or are the benefits mainly found with a weight loss diet?

I'm curious. Just outside the moral aspect or financial costs or whatever, does it provide benefits during a bulk (outside the thermo aspects)?
No benefits for a bulk.
Unread 11-23-2016, 11:43 AM

Thank you. Good to know.
Unread 04-05-2017, 07:52 PM

I assume this question has been raised before, but after searching the sticky and other threads, I can't seem to find it.

Is there any reason to support the EC stack dosage this guy has proposed over the traditional 3x Per day, every 4 hours, dosage?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=454675.0

If you don't feel like looking, he claims that fat loss from EC stack will only be maximized by taking it on a 0 carb diet, and only pre-workout on lifting days, in a 12-week gradually increasing dosage cycle.

First post on the forums so go easy on me