BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Unread 11-14-2017, 06:20 AM

Default Predictors of body composition and body energy changes in response to overfeed

Since i start endurance traininig i noticed a sort of "protection" again weight gain. IMHO this study demonstrate it. moreover subject in the study are not allowed to have strenous physical activity, so the "protection" should be mantained even in "Rest conditions".
other interesting point was: elevated cortisol is protective while high leptin increase fat deposition (but it could be a bias and depend of the initial fat mass).
elevated androgenity, Post-prandial energy expenditure and thiroid output is obviously correlated with a protectiv effects.

and in T-nation there is every month an article criticising aerobic training (if you read t-nation seems that if you do aerobic training you become a lardbomb, with no muscle mass and prediabetic)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23736367
Unread 11-14-2017, 06:39 AM

Wow. Doing cardio can help limit weight gain. What a profound discovery. I salute thee, sir.
Unread 11-14-2017, 06:49 AM

Do you ever read it????
It is not about cardio. Is about if you have a high oxidative muscle even without do anything ..like in the study... you gain less fat than another man who have less oxidative muscle.
In the 100 day of overfeeding partecipant do NOT INVOLVED in pshysical activity.
What a stupid person..i think you re a friend of lyle...if not i dont understand why you re allowed to stay here
Unread 11-14-2017, 06:56 AM

he energy cost of weight maintenance was estimated during the 14-day baseline period. Subjects were instructed to eat normally from foods prepared for them and monitored for energy and macronutrient content by dietitians. Body weight was measured daily, and body density measurements were obtained on three occasions from a series of underwater weighing tests. Subjects were kept sedentary except for a supervised 30-min daily walk.

During the overfeeding period, subjects were overfed by 4.2 MJ (1 000 kcal) per day over the estimated energy cost of weight maintenance, 6 days a week, for a period of 100 days. On the 7th day, energy intake was rolled back to the pre-overfeeding energy cost of weight maintenance level. The subjects were thus overfed during 84 of the 100 days, for a total excess energy intake of 353 MJ (84 000 kcal). The contribution of each macronutrient to energy intake was standardized on a 24-hour basis as follows: 15 percent from protein, 35 percent from lipid, and 50 percent from carbohydrate. The subjects were instructed to refrain from exercising for the 4 months of the study. They were under constant supervision, and their program of activities included reading, playing video games, playing cards, TV, music, and other activities with low energy costs. They took a supervised 30-min daily walk during the whole overfeeding period.
Unread 11-14-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler163 View Post
Do you ever read it????
It is not about cardio. Is about if you have a high oxidative muscle even without do anything ..like in the study... you gain less fat than another man who have less oxidative muscle.
In the 100 day of overfeeding partecipant do NOT INVOLVED in pshysical activity.
What a stupid person..i think you re a friend of lyle...if not i dont understand why you re allowed to stay here
I was commenting on your infantile conclusion. Not on the study.
Unread 11-14-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler163 View Post
Since i start endurance traininig i noticed a sort of "protection" again weight gain. IMHO this study demonstrate it. moreover subject in the study are not allowed to have strenous physical activity, so the "protection" should be mantained even in "Rest conditions".
other interesting point was: elevated cortisol is protective while high leptin increase fat deposition (but it could be a bias and depend of the initial fat mass).
elevated androgenity, Post-prandial energy expenditure and thiroid output is obviously correlated with a protectiv effects.

and in T-nation there is every month an article criticising aerobic training (if you read t-nation seems that if you do aerobic training you become a lardbomb, with no muscle mass and prediabetic)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23736367
Endurance training has all kinds of benefits. What most weight lifters will say is that your muscles will fall right off. Of course, websites like T-Nation advocate such strong and ridiculous statements on a daily basis. Anyway, as long as endurance training does not interfere with your weight training (recovery-wise), nothing bad is going to happen. Enjoy the adaptions.
Unread 11-14-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
I was commenting on your infantile conclusion. Not on the study.
strange infants in your country...who comments about aerobic training and fat gain...
but...again...why is infantile conclusion? every where in bodybuilding forums you're reading aerobic training make you fat in the long term, when you stop it you became a lard bomb....and science (i think) tell you the opposite.

but..again..you re commentary and your answer to my posts are very useless, irritating and infantile. you never argument, you only criticise...same times i think you lost the opportunity to said nothing
Unread 11-14-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Endurance training has all kinds of benefits. What most weight lifters will say is that your muscles will fall right off. Of course, websites like T-Nation advocate such strong and ridiculous statements on a daily basis. Anyway, as long as endurance training does not interfere with your weight training (recovery-wise), nothing bad is going to happen. Enjoy the adaptions.
totally agreed. howeveri noticed that (only personal experience) when you start endurance training and pass from X to X + y km you could lost muscle mass.
but when you're adapted to new km/week and mantain it you will spare more muscle mass when dieting and put on more muscle on bulking...
actually i did a bulk session (in my 32) with a good results (74 to 79 and squat from 110 to 144) than i diet down to 73 (mantainng a squat of 140) and losting loss muscle than ever....and i mantain 50-60km/week
Unread 11-14-2017, 07:38 AM

Awesome results. My personal experience is quiet similar. When I create a caloric deficit with both cardio and diet, I maintain more muscle mass/strength in comparison to a diet-only deficit. Of course, doing too much cardio isn't beneficial, but there seems to be some sort of sweet spot.
Unread 11-14-2017, 07:44 AM

Yes. And the sweet spot could be different depending of the actual fitness level.
This is one of my regrets about my past training...to not use aerobic training until 30
Closed Thread