BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-30-2017, 03:57 AM

Default Correlation- RMR & Leptin

Has anyone seen a value (or range of values) that indicate how high or low the correlation is between leptin & RMR?

When they adapt up & down, do they do so to a similar degree in magnitude? Thanks.
Unread 11-30-2017, 06:31 AM

In addition, big speculation here. Is it possible that refeeding and glycogen replenishment after training may have a more beneficial impact on leptin when cycling between high and low calories than simply spreading calories over entire day?
Unread 11-30-2017, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots2 View Post
Has anyone seen a value (or range of values) that indicate how high or low the correlation is between leptin & RMR?

When they adapt up & down, do they do so to a similar degree in magnitude? Thanks.
Leptin drops by 50% in the first week of dieting
RMR does not

There's your answer
Unread 11-30-2017, 07:48 PM

Forget about RMR dude, you seem to be focused on it

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the general consensus is RMR doesn't change much (as in doesn't change enough to affect anything practical) so basically you can't do anything about it so forget it.

So in terms of your TDEE your RMR is basically more of a constant than a variable for practical purposes. There's plenty of other factors which will have a more significant affect on your TDEE

And there's plenty of reasons to do a refeed which don't include trying to manipulate your RMR
Unread 11-30-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Forget about RMR dude, you seem to be focused on it

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the general consensus is RMR doesn't change much (as in doesn't change enough to affect anything practical) so basically you can't do anything about it so forget it.

So in terms of your TDEE your RMR is basically more of a constant than a variable for practical purposes. There's plenty of other factors which will have a more significant affect on your TDEE

And there's plenty of reasons to do a refeed which don't include trying to manipulate your RMR
It really doesnt. Even if you out on a good amount of muscle rmr wont change as much...