BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-12-2015, 03:53 PM

Default Shorts Cut And Short Bulks

Curious whats wrong with short bulks and short cuts. If one bulks for a month and gains lots of strength. Then cuts for 3 weeks and maintains strength. Then bulks again and gains lots of strenght.. etc. then surely this would make dieting more easier. Why suffer and bulk when you hate food? and why suffer and cut for long periods of time and not be able to sleep due to hunger pains etc.

Only possible Issues are metabolism slow down. (But if on t3, this wont be an issue such as in my case)

i know layne norton recommended it at some point but he changed his view point. my guess is that because of his natural crowd it was not good for them and a waste but for i think it worked for layne when he was clearly on hormones... for this to work... and he may have been on to something...

Since i am not natural.. Also please dont turn this to a debate if layne norton is natural or not.. because no he is not. he is bigger and leaner a few years ago than he is now... put 2 and 2 together. hes a fake natural... cant fool another juicer...

im in the middle of my test e blast... appetite has been I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.. i want to cut hard for 2-3 weeks to bring my appetite back and also lose some fat then resume bulking.. im on t3 so metabolism slowing down wont be an issue...)

or could this result in me gaining lots of strength but not much muscle and limit myself to muscle gains... compared to longer bulks...

Last edited by gh15approved : 01-12-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Unread 01-13-2015, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh15approved View Post
Curious whats wrong with short bulks and short cuts....
Nothing
Quote:
Since i am not natural
Otherwise - a lot

Quote:
If one bulks for a month and gains lots of strength. Then cuts for 3 weeks and maintains strength. Then bulks again and gains lots of strenght.. etc. then surely this would make dieting more easier.
1.gaining strenght does not equal gaining muscle which is by definition objective of bulking
2. strenght/muscle gains with such short bulking/cutting cycles are limited /inferior to longer periods of bulking
3.gaining muscle takes much more time than loosing fat - why would you want to spend so much time cutting when it could be used for bulking?

Quote:
Why suffer and bulk when you hate food? and why suffer and cut for long periods of time and not be able to sleep due to hunger pains etc.
If eating food makes you suffer
and cutting makes you unable to sleep

Maybe you should invest your time in something more enjoable.
Having fit body is not worth the effort
if you are not enjoying the process of getting to it...
Unread 01-13-2015, 03:39 AM

Nothing is wrong with it if it works, dude. You are correct, Layne's advice is for naturals. You shouldn't really need advice, cause you have drugs. So don't listen to people. Dude, Layne didn't even get all that big really. I wonder if this is his plan. Maybe he planned to be an unrealistic model for aspiring natural bodybuilders. Yeah, you definitely shouldn't read his stuff.

Last edited by squat : 01-13-2015 at 03:42 AM.
Unread 01-13-2015, 08:54 AM

In my experience it usually doesn't pan out in the way you describe in your first paragraph. You also make the common mistake of thinking that the alternative is long periods of bulking followed by long periods of dieting. Both of the strategies you mention involve (too) much time spent dieting if you equalize the time frames.
Unread 01-14-2015, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muki View Post

1.gaining strenght does not equal gaining muscle which is by definition objective of bulking yes but they are closely related. no?
2. strenght/muscle gains with such short bulking/cutting cycles are limited /inferior to longer periods of bulking. why is that?
3.gaining muscle takes much more time than loosing fat - why would you want to spend so much time cutting when it could be used for bulking?
i dont understand thsi since i am on AAS, i can gain 1-2lbs of muscle a month so surely this would work?

If eating food makes you suffer
and cutting makes you unable to sleep

Maybe you should invest your time in something more enjoable.
Having fit body is not worth the effort
if you are not enjoying the process of getting to it...

no this is the only issue with prolunged cutting and bulking. first month of bulking is easy but then it goes down.. same with cutting... first month is easy then thats when i crave food. i enjoy it.. the first month then afterwards it sucks.

and no i am enjoying the process. i love the respect and confidence i get, its worth the suffering.

replies in bold

edit: also just read this thread "less tired"

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=30022

lyle says that you cant sleep due to being lean so this makes sense to me.

honestly man you dont seem to have alot of experience... no offense.

lots of complain about having trouble eating enough bulking... its not just me

and scientifically its normal to not be able to sleep when very lean(prolonged cutting)

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=30022

Last edited by gh15approved : 01-14-2015 at 04:17 AM.
Unread 01-14-2015, 04:53 AM

1.You can gain strenght and gain no muscle and you can maintain strenght and loose muscle. Strenght and muscle are corelated but not causaual.

2.keeping the momentum in gaining strenght/muscle by proper supporting diet and exercise is in my experience very imporant if you want to maximize results. Go too much to extreme with constant shifting from bulking to cutting/vice versa and you end up spinning your wheels. been there done that.

3.so why dont you prolong your bulking to 2 or 3 months and end up with 4-8 lbs of buscle? Or even more? The point is there is no need for such long dieting unless you have really a lot of fat to get rid of (which you dont based on the picture) or you want to take this dieting very slowly. In both cases it is not an optimal usage of time.

There are different strategies how to organize your training/nutrition all year round but in my opinion you should spend the majority of your time during the year building muscle. Slowly with a small caloric surplus not to get too fat. After you reach a certain bf% (this figure is an subjective thing, lyle gives 15% you can stick to that or adjust it a bit up or down) you apply a cuttting period to get to the lower range of bf% (agian a subjective thing, lyle gives 10% for naturals). Weather this cutting will be short and hard or slow and easy, depends on you. There is a whole article on the apporaches for dieting so I suggest you read it to inform you of the pros and cos of each of them.

But at the end of the day, you are using AAS, so who cares. do whatever you want and it will work. to a certain degree. just dont use this as an argument in the discussion.