BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-27-2017, 12:33 PM

Default RFL - the saga continues...

Hello! Back for round 4 of RFL. So far my 2017 bout of RFL has gone as follows:

Round 1: 5.5 weeks, 13.5lbs down, maintained my end weight throughout first break of 9.5 weeks
Round 2: 2.5 weeks, 11lbs down, gained requisite 5lbs water weight and maintained that for 4.5 week break
Round 3: otherwise known as "why did I bother" 1 good week then 2 more with terrible progress, 8lbs down, gained back 5lbs water weight after.

After round 3, during my last break of 8.5 weeks, I maintained pretty well until a recent vacation where I must have gotten too cocky with the "I can maintain any weight now that I have beaten my food issues" and came home 5lbs up - boo! but luckily a terrible illness has left me back down a couple lbs :/ lol. So here I go!

Weight 204.4 lbs
waist 37"
BF % 37.8
cat3 F 38 y.o.

Not sure how I am going to do this round yet. I planned to start last week before I caught the awful cold, but postponed to look after myself. If I had started then I probably would have been close to my goal by Halloween, as planned. But now I definitely won't make it by then, and also a year-end vacation is a possibility so I might like to squeeze in another round before then. what to do, what to do... I think I will say 5 solid weeks to start, and see where I am at and how I feel.
Unread 09-29-2017, 11:08 AM

Default Day 3

Was out of the office for a project yesterday, so no log entry, and late for an appointment today so didn't weigh in... oops! jumped on the scale clothed (jeans and a top) and weighed about the same as yesterday, so assuming about 2 more lbs down today. Haven't logged food yet. That is a job for next week to make sure I'm hitting my macros as I get further in.

Yesterday's weigh in:
202.6 (-1.8lbs)
Unread 09-29-2017, 01:31 PM

Why would you need to go through the pain and misery of RFL. You are high enough body fat where a conventional method like flexible dieting would do wonders. I've been through RFL once and it was miserable to say the least. However, Im happy to have done it as an exercise to understand my body.

@ 37% Body Fat, try the normal way and see what that yields. Lyle, states numerous times that the simplest approach is by far the best and to alter course once it no longer works.

Weight loss is a mental/physical journey. For me going from 240 to 170 has been wonderful. A lot of hard work, many mistakes and successes.

One Love

Theo
Unread 10-02-2017, 09:38 AM

Default Day 6

Good Morning!

Weekend went like this:
Saturday:
Weight: 202.2 (-0.4 / -2.2lbs)

Sunday:
Weight: 200.8 (-1.4 / -3.6lbs)

Today:
Weight: 203.8 (+1.2 / -0.6lbs) post free meal
Waist: 38.0" (+ 1.0")

Well, this round is off to a sloooooow start! I had a bit of a hiccup on Saturday - got some major digestive upset in the form of bloating and extreme pain. This is not a normal thing for me so wasn't too sure what to do or what caused it. I have three suspects that are new things for me: tofu, gummy vitamins, and new protein powder. Anyway, things were still somewhat bad on Sunday so I decided to have some carbs and see if I could even out my guts. I hadn't planned on a free meal, so I didn't have anything at home and ended up eating popcorn and taco shells with melted cheese lol. not particularly satisfying! There is still a bit of residual pain this morning. I'm going to cut out the tofu and vitamins for a couple days and see what happens. Going to start logging today and really get down to business! I don't think I will start the EC until my stomach feels better though, it tends to make me feel a little crappy at times.
Unread 10-03-2017, 11:06 AM

Default Day 7

Weight: 201.7 (-2.1 / -2.7lbs)
Waist: 37.0" (-1.0")

Workout: 30 minute walk with 5 x 1 min running intervals, 5 min + dynamic warm up, 5 min cool down

Yesterday's nutrition:
cal: 843
carb: 34g
fat: 34g
protein 99g

The slow start continues, but getting into the groove now. Stomach feels much better today. Will probably start EC tomorrow.
Unread 10-04-2017, 09:32 AM

Default Day 8

Summary:
Start - 204.4 lbs / 37.5"
Week 1 - 200.8 / 37" (-3.6 / -0.5)

Today:
Weight: 200.8 (-0.9 / -3.6lbs)
Waist: 37.0" (-0.0 / -1.0")

Workout: rest

Yesterday's nutrition:
cal: 732
carb: 29g
fat: 33g
protein 66g

Yipes - low on protein yesterday. Had a morning appointment so missed breakfast and also forgot my lunch. had salad from the shawarma place so a little high on the carbs and fats, then ate lunch for dinner so too low on protein, especially without my usual 40g protein breakfast! not good on workout day. will do better today.

Tried the gummy vitamins again last night after dinner and woke up with gut pain again in the middle of the night. Going to try them one more time with breakfast today and if i get bloaty again i'm going to have to cut them.

Starting EC today so looking forward to good water loss for tomorrow's weigh-in!
Unread 10-05-2017, 12:31 PM

Default Day 9

Summary:
Week 1: 204.4 - 200.8lbs (-3.6lbs)

Today:
Weight: 200.3 (-0.5 / -4.1lbs)
Waist: 36.5" (-0.5 / -1.0")

Workout: full body 'B' weights (dead lift, lat pull, shoulder press)

Yesterday's nutrition:
cal: 851
carb: 58g
fat: 24g
protein 97g

Whoops. Decided to have some pickles with my backbacon last night, and selected Famous Dave's spicy pickle chips. Super tasty, but then I logged it and these things have TWO grams of carbs PER PIECE . per tiny little round slice of pickle. I have no idea how a pickle could even absorb that much sugar. These are going to the back of the fridge until this round of RFL is over!!! Also only made one half dose of EC, so needless to say, I was not surprised that the scale barely moved today.
Unread 10-06-2017, 09:20 AM

Default Day 10

Summary:

Today:
Weight: 199.6 (-0.7 / -4.8lbs)
Waist: 36.5" (-0.0 / -1.0")

Yesterday's nutrition:
cal: 932
carb: 25g
fat: 33g
protein 122g
Unread 10-10-2017, 09:57 AM

Default Day 14

Summary:

Today:
Weight: 203.8 (+4.2 / -0.6lbs)
Waist: 37" (-0.5")

Yesterday's nutrition:
free meal day

I just had 2 free meal days back to back, and I must be retaining some serious water since otherwise macros have been reasonably tight... not possible to have only lost half a lb in 2 weeks!! Especially since up until the weekend I had only had one free meal so far this round! The scale has been somewhat discouraging this round, but my resolve is still solid and I haven't felt the need to eat a bunch of crap like I usually do on the weekends. Also a few friends are doing "Sober October" so there haven't been as many party nights that I have had to miss out on so that is helpful lol.
Unread 10-11-2017, 12:19 PM

Default Day 15

Summary:
Week 2: 200.8 - 201.5lbs (+0.7 / -2.9lbs)

Today:
Weight: 201.5 (-2.3 / -2.9lbs)
Waist: 37" (-0.5")

Workout: knee rehab - 30 min walk w/ 6x1min running intervals

Yesterday's nutrition:
cal: 1067
carb: 29g
fat: 37g
protein 133g

Macros a bit off yesterday - had to eat a shawarma salad for lunch again my turkey didn't thaw in time!! Still holding onto the water... Started to feel very discouraged yesterday. I have been battling knee pain for about 3 years and I keep trying to get myself back to running, and each time I get going my knee starts to hurt again. This is very frustrating. I literally have dreams about running but my body is betraying me. So yesterday with the knee pain and the disappointing progress I was feeling like I was never going to reach my goals. But as long as I keep telling myself I have all the time I need for this round and I can just keep going until I hit my goal weight I seem to keep up the motivation. Now, if only the scale would reflect the progress I am used to at my current macros (yesterday notwithstanding)!