BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-22-2010, 11:27 AM

Default Calculating Fat on Carb Load?

Lyle,

I apologize up front if I am missing something, but on the Thursday night to Friday carb loading you suggest 7 to 8g of carbs per LBM. Then 1 gram per lb of Protein. Is this 1 gram of Protein LBM or total LB's? Lastly, you state something along the lines of "fat will be the remaining 15% of total calories" or around 50g. Utilizing the 154lb(LBM) lifter in your example I can not figure out how you determined the fat? Based on your figures, he needed approximately 4800 calories in carbs, 600 calories in Protein(protein must be 1 gram per LBM I am assuming or math does not ad up), and 500 calories in fat. This is where I get lost. Based on those total calories fat is not working out to 15% of total calories.

Therefore, assuming you have a higher LBM say 180lbs how do you calculate the exact number of Fat need?
Unread 02-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Forget the percentages. And if you're a male lean enough to do UD2, the difference in lean and total mass doesn't amount to enough to worry about.
Unread 02-22-2010, 02:28 PM

Lyle,

Thanks for the quick reply greatly appreciated. So when you say don't worry about the percentages assuming you have the correct carbs and protein, stressing over the fat is no big deal. So would it be safe to say a range between 50 to 100 would be ok, or just keep at 50.

And you right about the LBM did not think about it the way you stated it. I am 182lbs at about 10 to 11% BF so to your point its a non issue.