BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-07-2009, 08:10 AM

Default Please looks over exercise for a powerlifitng using this

I have tried to modify this to keep my strength up while doing it, while if possibly looking a little better, I want to do a photo shoot eventually. I am using this so I can drop my weight classes without losing any muscle, or minimal. Until I realize if I need to lose any to make the class./ There a few questions at the end. Not listed in order of exercises done

Monday: Chest, back, shoulders, half the calves
Seated cable row 5set
Parallel grip close grip lat pull down 5 set
Flat bench SS lateral raises 5 set each
Incline fly SS lateral raises 5 set each
Standing calf raises 5 set each

Rational for the flys. My triceps tire out very fast compared to my chest so I want to besure I deplete the chest more.

Tuesday:
Leg press 5 set
leg ext 5 set
Leg curl 10 set
Seated calf 5 set
situps 10 set
Hammer curl 6 set
Tricep pushdowns 6 set

Thursday
Seated cable 2 sets
Parallel grip close grip pulldown 1set
Flat bench dumbell 2sets
Incline dumbell 1 set
Hammer curl 2 sets
Push down 2sets
lateral raises 2 sets
Leg press 2 sets
leg ext 1 set
standing calf 2 sets
seated calf 1 set

Saterday (my powerlifting emphasis
Deadlift or rack pull 2 sets 5-6 reps
Pause Front Squat 1 set 3-5 reps
Bench Press from pins (my partners done train this day so I need to use pin presses) 2 sets 5 reps
Incline bench 1 set 5 reps
Chins 1 set 5-6 reps
Under grip row 2 sets 5-6 reps
Millitary press 2 sets 5-6 reps
Hammer curl 2 sets 5-6 reps
Weighted dips 2 sets 5-6 reps

Now here are my things. I want to add in some lower back work on depletion day. I dont know what to add. I dont want to over work it. I dont like hyper-extensions for some reason they make me vomit no idea why but they do. If i do 3 reps I vomit. I have access to a reverse hyper. I was also wondering about doing Romanian deadlifts in place of 5 sets of leg curls. Or would that me to much for for heavy pulling on a Saturday.

Is there anything else you would modify.
Unread 09-07-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwolf View Post
I have tried to modify this to keep my strength up while doing it. I am using this so I can drop my weight classes without losing any muscle, or minimal.
That's like the whole point of the program, you don't need to modify anything to accomplish it.

Having said that, I didn't read all the specifics you describe. Just look at it from the set/rep point of view that Lyle describes:

Depletion days: You want every muscle group to get hit with 10-12 sets (I think, been awhile since I read it) of 15-20 reps. If you read closely, it seems the time of the set is actually more important than the exact number of reps. Sets should ideally last 45-60 seconds, assuming a controlled pace.

Tension: 2-3 sets of 6-12 reps per muscle group. Anwyhere from 12-36 reps. Do how many you think you need.

Power: 3-6 sets of 3-6 reps, so 9-36 reps. This is where your training might look the most different. Training specifically for PLing, you might want/need to do more singles and doubles. But as long as you end up in that rep range, which is admittedly pretty big, there shouldn't be a problem. If you want more reps, maybe do a couple back off sets with 80-90% of the weight of the work sets.

Nothing wrong with throwing in some reverse hypers. As for RDL, you mean on Tuesday right? High reps, relatively short rest periods, it's gonna be hard to maintain good form throughout the set. I'd say you could do them Thursday though.
Unread 09-07-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTrainer View Post
That's like the whole point of the program, you don't need to modify anything to accomplish it.

Having said that, I didn't read all the specifics you describe. Just look at it from the set/rep point of view that Lyle describes:

Depletion days: You want every muscle group to get hit with 10-12 sets (I think, been awhile since I read it) of 15-20 reps. If you read closely, it seems the time of the set is actually more important than the exact number of reps. Sets should ideally last 45-60 seconds, assuming a controlled pace.

Tension: 2-3 sets of 6-12 reps per muscle group. Anwyhere from 12-36 reps. Do how many you think you need.

Power: 3-6 sets of 3-6 reps, so 9-36 reps. This is where your training might look the most different. Training specifically for PLing, you might want/need to do more singles and doubles. But as long as you end up in that rep range, which is admittedly pretty big, there shouldn't be a problem. If you want more reps, maybe do a couple back off sets with 80-90% of the weight of the work sets.

Nothing wrong with throwing in some reverse hypers. As for RDL, you mean on Tuesday right? High reps, relatively short rest periods, it's gonna be hard to maintain good form throughout the set. I'd say you could do them Thursday though.
Thank you for responding

yes for the RDL on tuesday.

Now if I did eaither the reverse hyper or the RDL would I take out some sets of hamstrings because each of those hits the hams pretty good.