Unread 02-13-2018, 06:05 AM

Mon Feb 12:

Exercise:
>12500 steps: Walking
>Resistance training: 10 min

Meals/Snacks:
>6 cups air-popped popcorn
>1 grapefruit
>3 plates: Rice, broccoli, and stew of onions, red potatoes, red lentils and cilantro
Unread 01-02-2019, 09:04 AM

Goal for 2018 was to drop from starting wt of 141 lbs to 120 lbs and maintain.

Wt today - 121 lbs. So, mission accomplished!

But!! It was a rollercoaster year!
I stopped logging and went up to 138 lbs by August. Mostly because I stopped getting my 10k steps as I was dealing with some fatigue. Plus I didn't stop with the sweets.

Then in Aug, after a routine checkup, we found something dodgy in my uterus and had to have it removed. Luckily, no further treatment was required. I lost 10 lbs that month coz I couldn't eat much due to side effects(ascites) after the op. Everything resolved within a month or so and I fully recovered. The last 10 lbs came off after resuming mild exercise and reducing sweets.

The goal for 2019 is to maintain 120 lbs while reducing body fat (about 6-8 lbs) and increasing muscle mass. Of late, I've realized I no longer hate doing weights like I did before.

Diet is pretty good. I keep sweets to an absolute minimum. Only occasional chocolates and biscuits. I'm off dairy for health reasons so ice cream is out and it hasn't been a struggle. I no longer keep sugar at home and if I need a sweet drink, I do fruit smoothies. At work though, I do have tea with sugar. In addition to eating more veg and fruit, I've also started juicing veggies as a way to increase nutrient consumption. Diet is still low fat. I still avoid red meat/chicken in general but a couple times a month I'll have some wild caught salmon. Maybe some eggs here and there.

Sleep has vastly improved. I get at least 7-8 hrs and feel well rested. For a while I had to take melatonin but not any more.

Supplements include - Multivitamin, B12, Vit D3(10k)

I'm resuming my 10k steps/day goal (been at 5k). Start strength training 5 days a week. Need to work on my cardio though. I've not been doing any high intensity cardio. That should help cut the fat quicker.

Last edited by Raquel130 : 01-02-2019 at 09:06 AM.