BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-26-2018, 04:32 AM

Finished the last day of the last high stress week of my workout cycle on Saturday. This week is a final low stress week. I ended up a good +70 lbs in my deadlift and +35 in the bench. I'm happy with those. I'm not making the mistake squatting that I was at the start. But I still haven't fixed the lift. I've lost confidence in it. Not sure what to do about it, going to ask the coaches at my gym.

I have the week to figure out what I'm going to do, next. My gym runs classes, so I think I might take advantage of those, for a few weeks, see what I can learn.
Unread 12-28-2018, 03:58 AM

Another easy workout night. Which was fine, gave me the opportunity to have someone take a look at my squats. Seems like the problem was with my setup. In any case I drilled out a couple sets under supervision. Felt like a lightbulb went off, while the dude was explaining to me how squats are supposed to work (mechanically), so hopefully I'll be able to reproduce it regularly. Should've done that a long time ago. Oh well, I suck at asking for help.
Unread 12-30-2018, 03:46 AM

GPP last night. That I thought went well. The machine I was on for cardio says that my HR peaked at 224 during my session. That seems wrong, to me, but also not something I really want to mess around with. I think I'll borrow an Apple Watch and use it through a few workouts, and hold something back, when training intervals.

Tonight was my last workout night of the Bridge. New maxes on my deadlift and bench press, so I think overall the workout was successful for me. Wish that I hadn't wasted so much time dicking around with my squats, but that part's on me. For accessory work, my barbell row also improved considerably. Overhead press improved the least.

Tomorrow is my last day of GPP, for this workout. I've been doing AMAP pullups, for the arms component of this. Last night I managed 23. I think tomorrow I might divert from doing them EMOM and see how I do when trying them in a more traditional bodybuilding format.

Next week, instead of starting a new program, I'm going to take advantage of some of the courses run by my gym. They teach powerlifting, strongman, and mas, and also have some bootcamp thing. Figure it won't kill me to run unstructured for a few weeks, and the education could be invaluable.

For some reason I'm feeling kind of crummy right now. Almost feels like the beginnings of a caffeine withdrawal headache, although I think I've had plenty today. Going to try to sleep it off, pop an ibuprofen if I really have to. Hope I'm not getting sick.
Unread 01-09-2019, 02:28 AM

Oh wow I suck at updates.

I had good results from the Bridge. I've got to go through my logbook, figure out my RMs, and get setup for GBR. I'll start that next week. The first week might be sketchy, as I've gotta go out of town.

I'm not quite set on my exercise selection. I want to be doing some unilateral work. I'm going to use DC methods for calves, at least the standing ones, not sure how to do seated, since my gym doesn't have one of those.

Tonight I did high bar squats, bench press, and rack pulls. I was pretty much screwing around, since I was on a guest pass at a friend's club. My plan to check out classes for a few weeks has gone poorly, as most of the classes aren't running at the moment. Thank you, holiday season. I have managed to get my deadlift up to 340, cleanly, under instruction. Pretty happy about that. Hitting 405 is one of my longer term goals. Tonight I did below-the-knee rack pulls with 345. Doubles were no problem. I had to use straps after the first few, though.

Got a new gizmos. An Exergenie, which is awesome. It's basically a truck deadlfit for your living room. Or a TRX rig. Or a rowing machine. Or about a dozen other things. It's also awesome for travel. If you like gizmos, check out exergenie.com . Very happy with the purchase.

I've been doing GPP on my off-days. I'm told I don't arch my back enough, when I deadlift, so I'm doing deadbugs, cobras, supermans. A bunch of exercises that Neanderthal No More told me I should be doing ages ago, basically. Oh well. Also valslide hamstring curls, and bridges, both of which, sadly, kick my I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.. And that's why I'm doing them.

LISS regularly, nothing exciting about that. I weigh approximately... something. I feel like I've slimmed a bit, though. I tend to undereat, when I take minibreaks from lifting.
Unread 01-12-2019, 01:08 AM

Squats, bench, 50 rep leg press, leg curls. The leg press made me feel like I was going to puke. Felt good, though. Really just winging it, trying to reintroduce my body to higher volume work.

Iím starting my new workout on Monday. Iíve got it sketched out. Iím not doing GBR. Following a similar structure, but with creative nonsense in place of straight sets, for the accessory work. My only reason for doing it that way is to prevent boredom, keep things interesting.
Unread 01-15-2019, 03:53 AM

Default Bulk Day 1

Squats
RDL
Belt Squats
Reverse Hyperextensions
Valslide hamn curls
Call raises
Planks

My gym doesn't have a seated calf, so I didn't do those. Also I got antsy to leave. I wasn't sure that RHEs counted as a second ham exercise, hence the valslide curls.

I should probably weigh myself yesterday, get a baseline.
Diet I'm keeping the same, unless something bad starts happening. Might bump protein to 250 gr/day.
Unread 01-17-2019, 12:05 AM

I'm 205ish. That was the number on the scale, not an average, don't know if it was a heavy or light 205.

Did upper body tonight.

Flat bench
Barbell rows
Incline bench
Lat pulldown
Bis tris and delts

My bicep endurance sucks. I'm a little bit annoyed the I have to do last pull down, as it feels very unnatural to me. I just didn't have it in me for pullups, after the rows, though.

Oh: I'm traveling this week, so I'm so far on AXB, rather than ABxAB..