BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-19-2018, 10:23 AM

Default 40 days of hard work - and a few questions about "Jolio"

Hi All,

I have 40 days of basically nothing to do, and I have a stationary bike set up in front of a 3rd monitor which has been playing some movies.

A bit about me:

male, 68kg, 5ft10 (178cm).

I've spent the past month walking a lot every other day (20km walks). Yes, I don't have a job, and I won't be getting one for the foreseeable future.

Last DEXA scan had me at around 18 or 19% body fat, and I was weighing 69kg.

My goal:
I want to get to the single digits with any means necessary, and I have all the time in the world, and am willing to do anything. I did RFL around two years ago, but I want to progress more until I can see my abs at least.

My plan
200g (or more) of protein per day, fish oils, multivitamin

catch up with a ton of shows while biking at low intensity (4+ hours per day)

do some weight lifting sets. I got one of these powerblock adjustable dumbbells, and can do rows/presses, but deadlift is kinda awkward so I would do lunges instead. Won't go for too many reps

unavoidable refeeds because of christmas and new years eve plans.

My plan is to go on 3 day refeeds (or 5 near NYE and jan 5th because of social obligations), eating carbs and otherwise as clean as possible. My question is, what's a good

My question I saw a reference to someone called "Jolio" who apparently shed a lot of fat by doing 8 hours a day of cardio a day while consuming 300+g of protein and not much carbs/fat, fish oils etc. However, I can't actually find his log. Anybody know a link?

This is all I can find about jolio: http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//show...8&postcount=16

Other questions

Would timing of protein intake (e.g while biking, before biking, post-biking) matter much?

What's the ideal heart rate I should go for while biking? It's a crappy bike which has damaged meters, which I yanked out a while ago.

I would love to hear feedback on my plan, if possible.

Thanks for tuning in - I will post photos later

Last edited by fishyburps : 12-19-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Unread 12-20-2018, 02:47 AM

The program you're talking about is eRFL. It's eight hours of LISS, though, not four. And certainly not 40 days. Booklet on main site.

You should really read it after Rapid Fat Loss, figure out which is more suited to what you're trying to accomplish.
Unread 12-20-2018, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty McFatso View Post
The program you're talking about is eRFL. It's eight hours of LISS, though, not four. And certainly not 40 days. Booklet on main site.

You should really read it after Rapid Fat Loss, figure out which is more suited to what you're trying to accomplish.
Oh wow, didn't know it exists. Thanks, buying and reading it now before proceeding
Unread 12-20-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyburps View Post
A bit about me:

male, 68kg, 5ft10 (178cm).

I've spent the past month walking a lot every other day (20km walks). Yes, I don't have a job, and I won't be getting one for the foreseeable future.

Last DEXA scan had me at around 18 or 19% body fat, and I was weighing 69kg.

My goal:
I want to get to the single digits with any means necessary, and I have all the time in the world, and am willing to do anything. I did RFL around two years ago, but I want to progress more until I can see my abs at least.
You are borderline underweight for your height. I highly doubt the accuracy of that 18-19% BF. You will have to get down to ~61kg to be single digits, that is extremely underweight for your height. Post pictures so we can give you a better BF estimate, but the last thing you need to do is ERFL chasing some single BF% number. If anything you can't see your abs because they aren't developed enough. You need to bulk.
Unread 12-20-2018, 09:21 AM

I will take a picture soon - but just quickly, here's a dexa scan from Feb:

https://imgur.com/a/cIs7HEG

After that feb scan things happened and I did way less exercise (lifting/anything), so I am assuming it didn't change that much since then. My previous scans were around that range too.

Anything that stands out?
Unread 12-20-2018, 10:11 AM

Here's what my body looks like right now

https://imgur.com/a/5gfPzWm
Unread 12-20-2018, 12:45 PM

Do a basic, heavy barbell program or something similar. Do that for about a year while eating quality food. If you are a beginner, you will probably "recomp" naturally.

Since you only mention some power blocks, probably finding a gym will be the hardest part.
Unread 01-07-2019, 06:43 AM

Im familiar with the Jolio thread as I believe I read ~50 pages or so of the thread. It's a nice read. The dude is a legend.

If anyone wants the info PM me and i will show you how to access that thread as it's not accessible via this forum.

Anyway, the basic principles are covered in Lyle's Extreme Rapid Fat Loss pamphlet which is both cheap and very informative so i suggest reading that.

I've performed XRFL once myself and got great results. If you read my log listed below its during the May 2017 section.

The basic tenant of any extreme diet are EXTRA high protein requirements and EXTRA slow cardio.

If you skimp either way you will burn muscle, period.

I should note that all this stuff works much, much, much better when you're above 15% bodyfat.

Once you get below that level it's tough not to burn muscle rather than fat.

I'd suggest taking Anavar at the very least if you're hellbent on losing the fat and retaining the muscle in a tight timeframe.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.