BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-12-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post
I would recommend delving into the articles on the main site so you understand how to shed fat without losing muscle.

Here are some basic guidelines.

1) Very High protein diet.

2) No running

3) Full body workout BUT ONLY TWICE PER WEEK.

4) Lift each body part for TWO SETS OF FIVE REPS.

5) You can walk like 20-40 minutes 2-3 times per week.

6) Buy psyllium husk. It will keep you from being hungry on the diet.

7) Take two weeks at maintenance calories before switching from a bulk to a cut OR VICE VERSA.

But seriously, read through the articles on fat loss. That's a pretty brief summary of a lot of the great advice in there.
Again giving out more complete nonsensical advice:

1. This depends on a number of factors.
2. Utter nonsense to give blanket advice "no running". Why do you say this?
3. Stupid advice not knowing more about their history or lifting goals.
4. Let me guess Rippetoe is never wrong?
5. Again it's moronic to give blanket recommendations like this.
6. It will help, but not as much as protein, veggies, and EC.
7. The only thing you got right in the 7 points you made.
Unread 10-12-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post

Shooting fish in a barrel.
Unread 10-12-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Stop, just plain stop giving advice. 95% of the time you are flat out wrong. Especially stop putting words into Lyle's mouth that he never said about 10-15% being ideal for just competitors. You need to go READ his articles about P-ratio.
So what should I do then? Are there any articles other than the one on P-ratio i should read relating to my issue?

Cheers
Unread 10-12-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krk24 View Post
So what should I do then? Are there any articles other than the one on P-ratio i should read relating to my issue?

Cheers
There's so many questions still unanswered in your original post. But as a starter, how many calories have you been eating to bulk and what is the rate of gain week to week been? For men maintenance is generally going to be around 14-16x your BW depending on how active and old you are. So either figure from what you have been gaining on to get maintenance, or if you haven't been tracking just do the math and adjust based on your progress week to week.

If fat loss slows you can always add in cardio instead of cutting calories to poverty level. Many smaller guys and women often need to do this so they can still eat decent meals.

As for good starter articles I would really recommend the Baseline Diet series Lyle has. Then read up in the articles section for dieting. General takeaway to make sure you don't backslide is to always focus on keeping the same weight on the bar as much as possible while dieting from what you did gaining to maintain your muscles and get adequate protein.
Unread 10-13-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Stop, just plain stop giving advice. 95% of the time you are flat out wrong. Especially stop putting words into Lyle's mouth that he never said about 10-15% being ideal for just competitors. You need to go READ his articles about P-ratio.
Shut up already. You guys who think you know everything are extremely counterproductive on this site. I've probably read that article 12 times. I know he doesn't like trolling so I'm surprised he's let you guys carry on for the past month with this junk.

You need to read where he says people who diet down to 10% don't necessarily have an improved p ratio. P ratio is mostly genetic there isn't a lot you can do to change that. And I'm not putting words into Lyles mouth I'm stating "one of the reasons he recommends dieting to 10% is so you don't get impossibly fat before you have to cut for a show". That may not be verbatim but it's close to what he says. How do I know? Because I've been reading the articles on his site over and over for five years now.

At one time he thought there was some evidence that you may not pack on much fat in between 10-15%. It turns out people who are in that range tend to have good genetics for packing on less fat when they bulk. And that dieted down individuals don't show really any significantly better results at 10% than at other levels.

So to summarize, you tried to discredit my advice but it turns out you hadnt reviewed the material closely enough to do so.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 10-13-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:

There is nothing nonsensical about the advice I gave. I gave a full disclaimer that he should take the time to read the articles and my advice was just basic guidelines. I don't owe it to anyone to type out a novel. I gave him extremely basic, helpful advice. If he followed the exact plan I laid out he would lose a lot of fat in an efficient manner. Given that most people don't read books and just want the cliffs notes, I gave them to him.

1) No, it doesn't. High protien is ALWAYS going to be important on a diet. Period.

2) Why do I say no running? Because his goal is to burn fat. Fat loss grinds to a virtual halt after about 5 pounds lost via running.

3) There Is nothing nonsensical about recommending reduced frequency of workouts. It is counterintuitive to most people, therefore it is GREAT advice.

4) Reduced VOLUME and maintaining intensity on the bar is from Lyle Mcdonald. Rippetoe recommends to get as fat as possible and not worry about cutting for the first couple of YEARS. Hes a proponent of the GO MAD diet. I'm guessing you've never actually read rippetoe or you'd realize how off base your comment is.

5) My advice on walking comes from Lyles articles. Most people overdo it, so its important to point out that excessive cardio isn't the gateway to fat loss. This is all in the articles buddy.

6) I already recommended protein and I'm not in the business of recommending drugs to people on a messageboard. I don't even know if this guy is 18. No thanks on telling him to pill pop without fully explaining the effects of EC. I went on a 3 year drug bender after I let that cat out of the bag again on EC. Veggies I forgot to mention. Congrats. First helpful advice you've provided in this thread.

7) It's one of the numerous helpful points I made.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 10-13-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post
Fat loss grinds to a virtual halt after about 5 pounds lost via running.
Haha, I just laughed out loud. Note: that's something I never do. It's funny to see how you believe in your own constructs (i.e. non-sense). At least you have adherence.
Unread 10-13-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Haha, I just laughed out loud. Note: that's something I never do. It's funny to see how you believe in your own constructs (i.e. non-sense). At least you have adherence.
I LOLed at EC being a gateway drug. After that first EC dose you're just a few days away from your first meth and heroin binge.
Unread 10-13-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I LOLed at EC being a gateway drug. After that first EC dose you're just a few days away from your first meth and heroin binge.
What worries me the most is how such a broken mind works:
- He reads contextual and delicate information on the internet...
- Applies it to his inner world and belief-system...
- Projects his own struggles and weaknesses onto it, completely changing the context...
- Grooms and fabricates it into snippets of so called "advice"...
- Actually starts to believe in them, wholeheartedly...
- And then, on a self-fulfilling and God-complex-like rush, decides to actively press the Submit Reply button...

Everything is fine, except for that last tiny bullet point. Do NOT, for the love of God, press that Submit Reply button. You're shamelessly lying to people and completely delude them.
Unread 10-13-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
What worries me the most is how such a broken mind works:
- He reads contextual and delicate information on the internet...
- Applies it to his inner world and belief-system...
- Projects his own struggles and weaknesses onto it, completely changing the context...
- Grooms and fabricates it into snippets of so called "advice"...
- Actually starts to believe in them, wholeheartedly...
- And then, on a self-fulfilling and God-complex-like rush, decides to actively press the Submit Reply button...

Everything is fine, except for that last tiny bullet point. Do NOT, for the love of God, press that Submit Reply button. You're shamelessly lying to people and completely delude them.
I might humbly point out you forgot the 3 yr bender after doing ec. And I thought browsing the vegan boards was retardedly amusing.