BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-12-2017, 02:39 PM

Default Refeed question

Hi Lyle

I recently watched your podcast interview with Steve Hall on refeeds. Coincidentally, a five days at deficit/two day refeed approach was how I was planning to tackle my last little bit of weight loss (probably picked up that idea from watching other interviews with you!). I have some questions, which I know you are probably going to answer in your much anticipated book for women, but first refeed starts tomorrow, so...

1) I know it's all about carbs, but what sort of carb level should I ideally be aiming for? I've currently got my weekend food planned out at around 300g of carbs on a total calorie intake of an estimated 2000 cals. With that I'm still hitting my protein goal, and keeping fats lower as recommended.

2) Should I be limiting cardio so I'm not using up too much of that lovely, lovely glycogen? Obviously the more calories I burn, the more I can eat and the more carbs I can get in. Just not sure if the cardio is counter-productive. I'll be doing some strength training too, but for me that's bodyweight/modified bodyweight (ie with dumbbells for some stuff), and not a huge calorie burner. I'll at least need to go for a walk to get to 2000 TDEE, but it's whether it's a gentle walk along the river, or something more intense (hike up a big hill or go for a run).

3) Should I be trying to drain my glycogen stores as much as possible today, so they're nice and empty and ready to suck up all those carbs the next two days?

Any advice much appreciated