BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-13-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post
Wait a sec, you lost ~60 lbs. between pictures and people are saying it doesn't look like there's that much of a change? (I haven't seen your other pictures)

If that's true, something's wrong.
No. I went from 30 plus BF to this state. Was 15ish in June, went on a three weeks trip and gained some fat back, which I lost again (current state). However, I have been hovering between 15 to 20ish during the past 7 to 8 onths, and found it difficult to get into the 10 to 15 category. That is why I am doing a diet break to see if that will help to move things forward somewhat.
Unread 09-13-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Wait a sec, you lost ~60 lbs. between pictures and people are saying it doesn't look like there's that much of a change? (I haven't seen your other pictures)

If that's true, something's wrong.

No, we are all referring to the past 8 months. He's posted several pics during that span and we can't tell noticeable changes.

I mean when I diet for 8 weeks i start to look like a waif and when I bulk for 8 weeks i look like a cow. Either that camera Is incredibly blurry, or he is stuck.

To get unstuck I'd recommend focusing on making huge strength increases. That typically will change your body composition for the better.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 09-14-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkord View Post
No. I went from 30 plus BF to this state. Was 15ish in June, went on a three weeks trip and gained some fat back, which I lost again (current state). However, I have been hovering between 15 to 20ish during the past 7 to 8 onths, and found it difficult to get into the 10 to 15 category. That is why I am doing a diet break to see if that will help to move things forward somewhat.
Thanks for the clarification.

Have you lost any weight in the last 7 - 8 months? Do you take any caliper readings and/or waist measurements? Are you down a pants size or two? Have you maintained strength?

No offense, your camera sucks, so forget about that.

When I went from 15 - 18%ish to <10% I had to lose about 22 lbs., lost about 3 inches on my waist I think, and lost about 10 mm of fat on my abdomen.

It also took me about two years of plugging away at it, making changes very slowly, but maintaining strength.

Basically, you're likely going to need to lose an appreciable amount of weight to really notice a different. 5 - 10 lbs. may not show very much depending on starting body fat percentage of course.

And get a new camera...pick any new phone, they have awesome ones (newer Samsung Galaxy's, Apple iPhones). Take it in good lighting, the same day each week, in the morning, using the same pose(s). Good lighting and consistency is key.
Unread 09-17-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification.

Have you lost any weight in the last 7 - 8 months? Do you take any caliper readings and/or waist measurements? Are you down a pants size or two? Have you maintained strength?

No offense, your camera sucks, so forget about that.

When I went from 15 - 18%ish to <10% I had to lose about 22 lbs., lost about 3 inches on my waist I think, and lost about 10 mm of fat on my abdomen.

It also took me about two years of plugging away at it, making changes very slowly, but maintaining strength.

Basically, you're likely going to need to lose an appreciable amount of weight to really notice a different. 5 - 10 lbs. may not show very much depending on starting body fat percentage of course.

And get a new camera...pick any new phone, they have awesome ones (newer Samsung Galaxy's, Apple iPhones). Take it in good lighting, the same day each week, in the morning, using the same pose(s). Good lighting and consistency is key.
Thank you for your reply.
It seems.very difficult.for.me to get below. 15%, for what reason ever. Not for adherence reasons solely, but.the actual physical.symptoms once I enter a caloric deficit which kick in only after a few days are anything but pleasant. I thought its a slight depression, but nope, because just after a few days of maintenance I am sleeping like a baby, feel excellent, literally all the symptoms go away. Losing another 20 lbs seems difficult, but not impossible. I lost about 7 to 8 lbs in the past 6 to 7 months. Maintained my strength totally. calories at maintenance also increase the quality and enjoyment of my workouts tremendously.I had an excellent workout today, had a carbs rich breakfast and my energy went through the roof. Hit the following numbers: 330 lb on leg press, 200 lb on bench press, 200 lb on lat pull down (everything 8 reps). Aaaand, I got a new camera. Here some photos from today.
Relaxed:
https://ibb.co/cFPdik
Pump after training:
https://ibb.co/gcm29Q

Last edited by funkord : 09-17-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Unread 09-17-2017, 07:36 PM

Dude. Turn on those lights, get closer to the mirror, and take a vertical photo. Crop the photo if you have to.
Unread 09-19-2017, 06:29 AM

High teen to low 20