BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-20-2017, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick19 View Post
Ecto=Ectomorph tall skinny long limbed person
Meso=mesomorph medium build
Endo=big build
Etc
Yeah, um... I think he was aware...

At any rate, your definitions are incorrect. Mesomorphs have so-called athletic builds (broad shoulders, slim waists etc), the classic V, good p-ratio, easy to gain muscle and not too much fat, etc. That doesn't equate to "medium" build.

Endomorphs are typically more blocky shaped and tend to store fat very easily. Colloquially, "big boned", stocky, or whatever.

These terms are all of limited use anyway, as rarely will anybody be entirely one type and have nothing of the other types.

Yeah. Somatotypes is one of the sillier concepts in the bodybuilding literature
Unread 09-20-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick19 View Post
No just kinda odd that i have a six pack and im almost never hungry. Good for staying lean but very hard for bulking i usually forget to eat while I'm at work. Gained very little in my last bulk. Now this would make sense if i was an ecto but I'm a straight up meso and i was fat growing up used to get extreme cravings whenever i tried dieting. Now nothing
Have you read this article by Lyle yet? Muscle Gain Math - you actually don't need a whole lot of calories over maintenance to gain muscle. Depending on where you are at in your development, just adding a protein shake on top of maintenance calories can be enough.

Point is - don't fret about it too much if you can't eat tons of food. If you are currently maintaining your weight on what you are eating, then just add a protein shake or something on top of that. You don't have to be gaining tons of weight.

Last edited by Totentanz : 09-20-2017 at 06:33 AM.
Unread 09-27-2017, 10:52 PM

Default Well, it's a good thing

Set point and settling point are different things. You've seen what your body is capable of holding if you hold yourself accountable and have developed habits of keeping your body-fat lower than previously.

It's a good thing, regardless of the goals. Now you have to convince yourself that a small surplus won't make you fat overnight and run with that, if you want to gain some more muscle.

Also, low appetite might be a symptom of some other health issues. Just saying.