BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-02-2017, 06:39 AM

Cool How Long Can I Do This Diet?

Note: I was previously doing RFL and have nearly come to an end. I found that I didn't really dial down to the super low calories that other people were reporting. You can find my post on the diet in the RFL section. I plan to update it on the 10th of October 2017 with my final weight result.

I am a 82.6kg, 5ft6, male, 36yrs.
My current TDEE is between 2300-2400.
My average daily intake when dieting is around 1200-1400.
That is about a 40-50% calorie deficit.
I am around or over 21% body fat.
I will be just coming out of a 2 week diet break before dieting begins.
I walk for about 1 to 1.5 hours per day 7 days a week.
I don't do any other exercise as I have health issues that stop me from doing such.
I have 19kg of fat to lose to reach my goal weight.

During RFL I was around a 60% deficit and I am experiencing the usual slow down in hormonal function now in the end of the 3rd month. However, it really isn't noticable at this point if I hadn't read what to look for and was focused on it. I would probably write it off as being in a bad mood, a little hungry and lacking in the usual masculine 'vigor' in that area of life.

I am wondering if I can maintain a 50%ish deficit for 4 months. From experience or in your opinion would this be safe? 4 months is about the amount of time I need to lose the bulk of the weight.

Edit: Please assume protein, essential fats, vitamins (etc.) are adequate and some carbs are taken. (I.e., the diet is set up around RFL with more carbs and some fats.)
Unread 10-02-2017, 08:29 AM

No, calories are too low. At your bodyfat, Id say do it for a month max then do a diet break then you can reevaluate. Essentially follow the RFL guidelines for how long you can do it at the bodyfat level. You also may want to do an occasional refeed/free meal.

Doing that for four months is going to be incredibly difficult and you're going to be miserable.