BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-22-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniteopacity View Post
22nd March, 2017

45.2kg

Well unfortunately I binged on Sunday and Tuesday night on almonds, full fat milk and cucumbers/carrots/tomatoes. So it seems I have made no progress for a week but I'm glad I haven't gained any weight either.
I love climbing, I wish I could get a regular partner to do it with.
I'm addicted to saccharin and aspartame.
I understand the milk and almonds but how does one binge on virtually calorie free vegetables?
Unread 03-23-2017, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellurium View Post
I understand the milk and almonds but how does one binge on virtually calorie free vegetables?
I am a little person and even the virtually calorie free veggie calories add up. Lyle edited the original RFL book to make a point of this. Nuts are just too naughty to have around the house I think. I should just buy the amount I want on the days I want them.

Last edited by infiniteopacity : 03-23-2017 at 04:46 AM.
Unread 03-23-2017, 05:07 AM

Stick the nuts in the freezer, underneath that family-sized bag of frozen spinach that you bought three years ago on some misguided impulse.

Oh wait, we're talking about you.

//bstrong
Unread 04-01-2017, 03:51 PM

2 April, 2017

44.2kg

This is the lowest weight I've been this year. Gee, it's getting hard now. Baby steps now 0.5kg at a time I'll be happy with small wins.

Blood results came in last week.
  • LFT's are still high but they now think that could be due to a high speckled antinuclear antibody test.
  • Fasting BSL 3.8 mmol/L
  • No insulin resistance however hormone test and pelvic ultrasound confirm PCOS so I'm back on Metformin 500mg/day
  • GP wants me to take oral contraceptive pill because she believes I should be getting a cycle every 4 weeks instead of my current haphazard 3-monthly cycles however I really hate the side effects I get from them so I don't want to comply with the OCP. This is apparently not good for my bones but I take 1200mg Calcium everyday! Surely that compensates osteoporosis!
  • Cholesterol too high 6.1 mmol/l, HDL 4.5 mmol/l. BP is 112/79. It is familial so I don't think I can do much about this. GP wants me to take statins. Again, not something I want to comply with because this polypharmacy is getting out of control and haha I'm only 31. I'll have to read more about statins I am aware there is a fair bit of controversy surrounding.
Unread 04-02-2017, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Blood results came in last week.
  • LFT's are still high but they now think that could be due to a high speckled antinuclear antibody test.
  • Fasting BSL 3.8 mmol/L
  • No insulin resistance however hormone test and pelvic ultrasound confirm PCOS so I'm back on Metformin 500mg/day
  • GP wants me to take oral contraceptive pill because she believes I should be getting a cycle every 4 weeks instead of my current haphazard 3-monthly cycles however I really hate the side effects I get from them so I don't want to comply with the OCP. This is apparently not good for my bones but I take 1200mg Calcium everyday! Surely that compensates osteoporosis!
  • Cholesterol too high 6.1 mmol/l, HDL 4.5 mmol/l. BP is 112/79. It is familial so I don't think I can do much about this. GP wants me to take statins.
Just ((hugs))...or plain sympathy if you are not a toucher.

I would want to hold off on the statins too in your place. Surely it isn't that urgent at 31.

I'm hormone sensitive and just generally hate taking pills. Totally understand about the BC pills and hope you are taking vitamin K with that calcium.

If one of your main concerns re:the pill is appetite/weight gain the metformin could counter balance that.

Fairly certain I'm in some stage of perimenopause. It is nice in the sense that I think my monthly PMS has lessened, OTOH I have other symptoms to deal with and my cycle is down to 24-25 days. Part of me is SO ready to be done with the whole thing and yet menopause (at least on my mom's side) correlates with going from low blood pressure/hypoglycemic to high blood pressure/diabetic. Really want to skip that.
Unread 04-04-2017, 04:21 PM

You're so sweet. Thanks.

I wasn't aware about the Vit K with calcium but I take a multi everyday as well so hopefully that's sufficient?

My main concern with the pill is actually my mood changes and I don't like how I feel on it! I feel depressed, moody, flighty it's all very bizarre.

Jeez us women...we can't win eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly70 View Post
Just ((hugs))...or plain sympathy if you are not a toucher.

I would want to hold off on the statins too in your place. Surely it isn't that urgent at 31.

I'm hormone sensitive and just generally hate taking pills. Totally understand about the BC pills and hope you are taking vitamin K with that calcium.

If one of your main concerns re:the pill is appetite/weight gain the metformin could counter balance that.

Fairly certain I'm in some stage of perimenopause. It is nice in the sense that I think my monthly PMS has lessened, OTOH I have other symptoms to deal with and my cycle is down to 24-25 days. Part of me is SO ready to be done with the whole thing and yet menopause (at least on my mom's side) correlates with going from low blood pressure/hypoglycemic to high blood pressure/diabetic. Really want to skip that.
Unread 04-04-2017, 04:23 PM

5th April, 2017

43.8kg

Been on 43.8kg for the past 3 days now so it must be true. Can't believe this. Haven't seen this weight for years yet I'm itching for the scale to budge quickly.

Going climbing again tonight. Climbing 3x/week would be ideal but hard to find a partner consistently.
Unread 04-05-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
You're so sweet. Thanks.

I wasn't aware about the Vit K with calcium but I take a multi everyday as well so hopefully that's sufficient?

My main concern with the pill is actually my mood changes and I don't like how I feel on it! I feel depressed, moody, flighty it's all very bizarre.

Jeez us women...we can't win eh!
Yeah, all the mood stuff. Sigh...

On the vitamin K the idea is you need it so that your body will deposit calcium into your bones instead of into your arteries. No idea if this is the latest/greatest info on the subject; just what I turned up quickly.

Quote:
Those arguments have now been dashed by new observations. A definitive connection between vitamin K2 levels and heart disease, in terms of a large-scale, well-controlled clinical trial, was first described in 2004 in the Rotterdam Heart Study—a Dutch trial that tracked 4,800 participants for seven years.1 The study revealed that participants who ingested the greatest quantities of vitamin K2 in their diet experienced a 57% reduction in death from heart disease than people who ingested the least. The same relationship did not hold for vitamin K1. Unfortunately, in this study MK-4 and MK-7 intake and levels were not separately analyzed but were grouped together, along with other MK categories such as MK-8 and MK-9.

Higher intakes of vitamin K2 also corresponded to less calcium deposition in the aorta (an indirect measure of atherosclerosis), whereas participants who ingested less K2 were more likely to show moderate or severe calcification. The lowest risk of heart attack and aortic calcification was seen in participants who included more than 32.7 mcg a day of vitamin K2 in their diet.1

The size and quality of the Rotterdam Heart Study gave credibility to the powerful association between vitamin K2 dietary intake and heart disease and suggests that vitamin K2 may confer cardiovascular benefits by inhibiting arterial calcification.
Personally I'm pretty awful about taking supplements. I think I remembered my iron 3 times last week.
Unread 02-04-2018, 03:12 AM

Sigh

So much for consistency. Stress, anxiety and probably some depression got the better of me in the latter half of 2017. Fell off the wagon. The good news is I'm done with studying and done with exams! This automatically reduces so much stress.

Starting point 50 kg

RFL is so much harder to do mentally this time around too I can't understand why. I found it easier last year. Can't even bring myself to walk as much as I used to.

Joined the gym finally so will be doing Lyle's beginner's machine program along with walking.
Unread 02-07-2018, 03:31 PM

49.5kg

Weight lifting 3x, climbing 3x this week.

Loosely following RFL style diet. After listening to the Darko Botic and Lyle podcast I have cut back on carbs a lot given a history of PCOS I think this is quite useful.

I have had 1 or 2 nights of poor sleep but overall I can't believe how good the quality of sleep is. Last night I was completely knocked out and woke up 8 hours later ... can't remember the last time that happened! Suppose it helps I don't have exam stress.

I'm not having any problems with adherence. If anything I'm concerned I might be having too much protein! At 4'11... some days I'm having 110g protein