Unread 01-29-2018, 06:01 PM

Default doin' some more rfl

Round five!

Stats:
39yo F cat 3
205 lbs
38" waist
38% bf

Round 5 goals: 20lbs lost / 6 weeks (or somewhere in the middle)

If you followed my last log you may notice I appear to be starting at the same weight again How do I feel about this? I'm sure you can guess.

The problem: I left off last round about a week away from vacation + With my autoimmune disorder I need to cut out all wheat, but while on vacation I planned not to worry about it too much to save my travelling companion a week's worth of being with 'that girl'. Because I should really never eat it again, when I do decide to eat a little wheat I apparently turn into a crazy binge monster who needs to get as much in as possible. I know. suck it up and just completely cut it. I'm trying. But anyway, the result is that i justified eating it for the week up to vacation, then on vacation, then might as well keep going until christmas so i can have some stuffing and gravy, and then why not just keep right on bingeing through to starting this round - hello again, dieter mindset. frick. So back to this weight again. (oh, and the fact i don't care for bread unless it is attached to pizza, fried stuff or hamburgers does not do me any favours apparently. ha.)

But I am not ready to throw in the towel just yet. I have been successful at maintaining the first 20lbs or so that I lost so I know I can do it, I just have to tweak a few things during my next maintenance break. Obviously first - no wheat should equal no bingeing. But also I started the last break thinking it would only be 2 weeks, so it suddenly became VERY easy to eat whatever I wanted since I would be back on a diet right away (dieter mindset). When I planned to break for an extended period like I did last January, I found it quite easy to make sure I was eating just what I needed. The difference being I felt like I HAD to eat more responsibly since my next diet was a long way off. Also, possibly having a larger chunk of weight off made more of a difference. As if subconsciously I felt it wasn't as easy to backslide 15-20lbs where with 5 or even 10 it's just too close, so I was maybe less confident somehow.

Anyway, here goes!
Unread 01-30-2018, 10:08 AM

Default Day2

Weight: 204.8 (-0.2lbs)
Waist: 37.5" (-0.5")

Workout: Full Body B (deadlifts / lat pull / dumbell shoulder press)

Yesterday's nutrition:
cals: 828
protein: 109g
fat: 24g
carb: 31g net

generally a good first day yesterday
Unread 01-31-2018, 02:29 PM

Default Day3

Weight: 203.4 (-1.4 / -1.6lbs)
Waist: 37.5" (-0.5")

Workout: Rest, except I have started a '30 day fit' cardio challenge (got an app for this). Day 1 today - literally 30 seconds of activity! but it gets more intense every day so may as well start logging it.

Yesterday's nutrition:
cals: 886
protein: 119g
fat: 28g
carb: 39g net

I make this awesome RFL no bean turkey chili - so good - but it ends up being a touch high in carbs due to the onion and tomato. I might be a tomato addict.
Unread 02-01-2018, 10:45 AM

Default Day4

Weight: 202.7 (-0.7 / -2.3lbs)
Waist: 37.0" (-1.0")

Workout: Another rest day on weights (still sore from tues); cardio challenge: 45 seconds (lol). knee is starting to bother me again, as it does every time I add activity back, although lifting generally doesn't tweak it. I hate to think the 30 seconds of cardio would kill it! I need to remember to work in my knee physio stuff too. I have a goal to be back to running by summer, no matter what it takes.

Yesterday's nutrition:
cals: 1212
protein: 112g
fat: 73g
carb: 22g net

Met a friend after work so I had some hot wings for dinner. Fat and cals are a touch high due to that but shouldn't interrupt the keto transition
Unread 02-02-2018, 10:53 AM

Default Day5

Weight: 201.4 (-1.3 / -3.6lbs)

Workout: Full Body A (squats / bench / dumbell rows) + 1.5 mins cardio challenge + shoulder and knee rehab exercises. Phew! big morning. knee feels much better today.

Yesterday's nutrition:
cals: 1294
protein: 117g
fat: 62g
carb: 33g net

Went out for a belated birthday steak last night. Even the leanest cuts have a decent calorie count! (and glass of something wine something...) but luckily didn't interrupt my slow and steady start week. I would hate to have to call it a free meal when I didn't have the mashed potatoes or dessert...
Unread 02-05-2018, 01:01 PM

Default Day8

Weight: 203.2 (+1.8 / -1.8lbs)

Workout: Rest

Yesterday's nutrition:
Free Meal

I am feeling a little disorganized the past few days. Saturday was full on rest day from all activities but I cleaned my house for about 5 hours then went out with some friends and managed to stay stone cold sober - the goal of all goals: diet and maintain a social life!! although 2 people mentioned i looked bummed out so maybe i didn't do that good of a job hahahah. But I was out a little late and then Sunday things started to fall apart.

I had to go in to the office and I overslept and was so tired I didn't get my workout in. Also, I am on this medication that you have to have an empty stomach and avoid calcium (no supplements) and dairy (no protein shakes?!) for hours before and after the pills so that has been very disruptive! I have said it before - to be successful on RFL you need to be prepared and you need to stick to the plan or everything goes sideways!

Anyway it ended up that the only place I could get a good salad yesterday was closed so I ended up not eating anything until dinner, so I definitely felt deserving of a free meal and I was so starving that all I could do was eat pizza. I know - wheat. So I screwed up that goal after a great week. And then, after eating it, I realized that it's big time dairy so I had to stay up until midnight to take my meds. Now I am exhausted and overslept this morning... lol - oh the problems!!

So that's my Monday story lol a little stressed but no big deal, I think I have it figured out now. Have a great week, everyone!
Unread 02-06-2018, 10:58 AM

Default Day9

Weight: 201.0 (-2.2 / -4.0lbs)

Workout: knee rehab only. slept in as I forgot I had changed my alarm later last week. I am disappointed with myself. that is 2 workouts in a row.

Yesterday's nutrition:
cals: 523
protein: 70g
fat: 21g
carb: 14g net

Could not bring myself to eat dinner yesterday. Just wasn't hungry until about 10:30 right after I went to bed haha. probably because I had my second (of 2) dose of EC a little later than usual...
Unread 02-07-2018, 10:27 AM

Default Day10

Weight: 199.9 (-1.1 / -5.1lbs)
Waist: 36.5" (-1.5")

Workout: Full Body B (deadlifts, lat pull, dumbbell shoulder press); cardio challenge: 2.25 minutes activity; knee and shoulder rehab exercises

Yesterday's nutrition:
cals: 612
protein: 88g
fat: 19g
carb: 17g net

ate pretty late last night after some errands. Only made it halfway through my chicken breast so low in protein, but not too far off. 25% of the way to my weight goal today!
Unread 02-08-2018, 12:21 PM

Default Day11

Weight: 203.7 (+3.8 / -1.3lbs)

Workout: rest

Yesterday's nutrition:
free meal

Whew! that's some serious water retention! tacos and nacho cheese doritos for dinner (so good) then passed out immediately in a food coma. woke up with a start on the couch at 10pm - I hate that feeling. but i guess i needed some sleep because i slept in this morning again too!
Unread 02-09-2018, 12:11 PM

Default Day12

Weight: 201.4 (-2.3 / -3.6lbs)

Workout: Full Body A (squats, bench press, bent rows); didn't get to the rehab exercises this morning. I will try to remember to do them when I get home from work. I forgot to do the cardio challenge stuff before weights, and when I tried afterward, I made it through 30 seconds of jumping jacks before I almost died of nausea. I had to lay on the floor for probably 15 mins before I stopped fearing the barfs. So needless to say, I did not finish. Yes, I feel like the most out of shape person in the world right now lol, even though I know it's the low cals and going hard on the weights that did it

Yesterday's nutrition:
cals: 720
protein: 112g
fat: 13g
carb: 38g net

I'm annoyed at the dent free meals make to progress. It's not a new story, but annoying, nonetheless.