BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-23-2017, 03:30 PM

Default How soon can i go back to maintenance after PSMF?

Having finished a 12day PSMF, i did two refeed days on day 13 and 14 at maintenance and for the last 2 days i have been in a 500calorie deficit, is it ok to go back to maintenance now or do i need to reverse diet?
Unread 11-23-2017, 07:04 PM

Maintenance maintenance maintenance
Unread 11-24-2017, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
Maintenance maintenance maintenance
What he said squared.
Unread 11-28-2017, 06:13 AM

Thank's

So i have been back at maintenance for 6 days now and all i can say is HOLY CRAP at the strength gains i have made in just 6 day's! I have done full bodywork's outs every other day, i can't believe how fast my strength has come back,today i hit pr's on squat,bench, ohp and rows. I gained 3lbs which i am sure i water weight because i gained that within the first day or so and remained the same weight since. Can't wait to do another run of PSMF should be pretty close to my goal bodyfat% next time around.
Unread 11-28-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterodox View Post
Thank's

So i have been back at maintenance for 6 days now and all i can say is HOLY CRAP at the strength gains i have made in just 6 day's! I have done full bodywork's outs every other day, i can't believe how fast my strength has come back,today i hit pr's on squat,bench, ohp and rows. I gained 3lbs which i am sure i water weight because i gained that within the first day or so and remained the same weight since. Can't wait to do another run of PSMF should be pretty close to my goal bodyfat% next time around.
Maintenance is a beautiful thing.
Unread 12-13-2017, 05:15 AM

Its now been approximately 2.5 weeks since i have finished my last run of PSMF i went to maintenance within a couple day's, I have hit pr's ( gained on average 3 reps on bench, ohp and squat)ithese past couple of weeks which is significant for me as i am somebody who has been lifting for a while now.

This alone tells you don't lose muscle or any muscle you do lose is TINY with PSMF which was a big concern for me but i just wanted rapid fat loss and was ready to accept it, The fact that i am now stronger than i was before PSMF is actually quite shocking, and even makes me wonder if PSMF somehow causes some sort of adaption that makes muscle gain easier when you come off it.

I have been keeping progress pictures which i will upload after my next run as i am pretty sure i will be at my goal bodyfat % next time round so will share them when i am finished.
Unread 12-13-2017, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterodox View Post
The fact that i am now stronger than i was before PSMF is actually quite shocking, and even makes me wonder if PSMF somehow causes some sort of adaption that makes muscle gain easier when you come off it.
Adaptions may occur when fatigue dissipates. When on a diet, you train with a lower frequency and volume and you're actually "deloading" or taking a "training break". This in itself may allow your body to adapt even when calories are low. A lot of anecdotes out there showing similar things.