BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-30-2017, 06:53 AM

Default Excess NEAT on RFL?

Should someoneís NEAT levels impact their decision to do RFL?

For example, if a personís day to day lifestyle has them low impact walking 15,000 (about 7 miles) steps given job, etc., would this be too much activity?

Would the person be better suited for RFL or another diet? Thanks.
Unread 10-30-2017, 07:51 AM

I think walking isn't NEAT. Well technically it fits the definition.

Anyway, the more LIT you do, the more stress for the body. Everybody has a different threshold depending on age, gender, genetics, hormones, intensity, duration, etc. It's a huge "it depends" answer and pretty individual. I think it's best to do less and be safe than to do more and burn out.
Unread 10-30-2017, 08:27 AM

I did a successful Cat 1 run whilst averaging 15k steps a day.
Unread 11-01-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellurium View Post
I did a successful Cat 1 run whilst averaging 15k steps a day.
Good Lord. I'm on CAT 1 right now. Mentally I feel sharper but Physically I am on slug mode.
Unread 05-31-2018, 10:10 AM

Here's my honest take on this. i've made a thread about this somewhere, about including some Low intensity cardio.

When i first started rfl, i noticed that i wasn't really losing weight that fast (except the first few days of water loss, which was fast). after that, it just felt slow

then i realized that i literally don't have any movement during the day at all. desk job. from home. don't walk anywhere, get around by car. literally do very little walking. happened to by changed watch a documentary online, and it brought up the subject of NEAT. after that, i was convinced that i should do SOMETHING. so i started walking on my non-weight training days on a treadmill, for around 40 minutes.

and it definitely unlocked something, because at that point, i started to lose weight at a very predictable rate, and things fell into place.

so to sum it up: yes, some people probably need to do some cardio if they only have a desk job, and are as idle as me. this point, i feel, is not really stressed in the rfl book. the reason being, i think, is because not many people fall in this group. more likely, people want to go to the gym, and do TOO MUCH cardio, and even though i haven't done this, i can totally see how this would backfire.

so to answer your question: 17k steps for you? people walk on average around 5km per how. so for you, lets round it to 15k. so that's around 3 hours of walking. so yeah, might be a bit much, but a lot of factors. is it continuous. is it strenuous? walking up hill? rest periods? you won't know unless you try the diet.