BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2501  
Unread 06-20-2018, 06:12 PM
iudsghzdg iudsghzdg is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannlambert View Post
I am new to the forum. I have been training for a number of years but just started using the generic bulking routine for about 9-10 months I really like the results and it fits my schedule very well. Just wondering if someone could give me their insight into the difference between varying rep ranges within each training day ( generic bulking routine) vs changing the rep range each training day ( heavy/light days) both of course using an upper lower split template?
From the "Categories of Weight Training Part 6" Article:

Quote:
(...)PHAT seems to divide up training into two distinct types with power training (heavy low repetition work) and hypertrophy training (more volume in terms of number of sets, higher repetitions, etc.) which are done on different days over a 4-5 day split routine.

(...)

To address a question that came up in the comments the other week, PHAT is probably a good approach for advanced intermediate trainees (figure year 3-4 of proper training) who are getting fairly strong in the lower repetition ranges.

For those trainees, the poundages they end up using on the heavy work ends up being so fatiguing that trying to do volume work afterwards is a losing proposition. In that case, it’s better to split things up and have a distinct heavy day and lighter day (which looks more or less like old heavy/light strength training systems).
Reply With Quote
  #2502  
Unread 06-24-2018, 06:23 AM
iudsghzdg iudsghzdg is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 16
Default

If higher reps (10-12) are also being done, wouldn’t it be better to go a bit lower than 6-8 on the first exercises to get more myofibrillar hypertrophy and less overlap of the ranges? This is what is done in the specialization programs. Why is it recommend to move through different phases (6-8 + 10-12, 5x5 + 8-10, 3x3 + 6-8) on the GBR instead?
Reply With Quote
  #2503  
Unread 07-15-2018, 11:59 AM
NELifter91 NELifter91 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 1
Default

New to this forum. I was wondering if this routine has gotten any updates or if Lyle has changed the exercise selection of some.
Reply With Quote
  #2504  
Unread 08-26-2018, 07:31 AM
LioRiX LioRiX is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 46
Default

Hey guys, I can only workout 3 times a week now and I rather do FBWs. I know it has nothing to do with GBR but Im just afraid it won't be balanced as I thought it is.
Comments please:

A1
Squat
Bench press
Overhand wide grip (chest supported) row
Face pulls
Triceps exercise
Abs/Calves


A2
Leg press
Overhand press
RDL
Weighted pull-ups
Weighted dips
Biceps exercise
Abs/Calves


Is it balanced? Am I missing lats work or anything else? If it matters I do LB squat (or a bit above that)
Goal is hypotherpy

Last edited by LioRiX : 08-26-2018 at 07:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2505  
Unread 08-26-2018, 10:01 AM
Ziltoid Ziltoid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London
Posts: 128
Default

GBR-related podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDjFmY_PAHY
Reply With Quote
  #2506  
Unread 08-26-2018, 10:58 AM
LightCrow LightCrow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LioRiX View Post
Hey guys, I can only workout 3 times a week now and I rather do FBWs. I know it has nothing to do with GBR but Im just afraid it won't be balanced as I thought it is.
Comments please:

A1
Squat
Bench press
Overhand wide grip (chest supported) row
Face pulls
Triceps exercise
Abs/Calves


A2
Leg press
Overhand press
RDL
Weighted pull-ups
Weighted dips
Biceps exercise
Abs/Calves


Is it balanced? Am I missing lats work or anything else? If it matters I do LB squat (or a bit above that)
Goal is hypotherpy
I might put some sort of leg curl on A1 but looks fine otherwise.
Reply With Quote
  #2507  
Unread 08-26-2018, 11:20 AM
LioRiX LioRiX is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
I might put some sort of leg curl on A1 but looks fine otherwise.
Great ty! So there's no need for underhand narrow grip row and alikes?
Reply With Quote
  #2508  
Unread 08-26-2018, 12:17 PM
LightCrow LightCrow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LioRiX View Post
Great ty! So there's no need for underhand narrow grip row and alikes?
You have a row in A1, so that covers the lats. If you're worried about missing a particular movement do half your sets with the chest supported row and the other half with something else. Or run this for a few cycles and later on do something else if you stall out on the chest supported row.
Reply With Quote
  #2509  
Unread 08-26-2018, 02:45 PM
LioRiX LioRiX is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
You have a row in A1, so that covers the lats. If you're worried about missing a particular movement do half your sets with the chest supported row and the other half with something else. Or run this for a few cycles and later on do something else if you stall out on the chest supported row.
Thanks alot!
Reply With Quote
  #2510  
Unread 09-20-2018, 12:12 PM
sheepforsale sheepforsale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 115
Default

Just a quick one.

I know with lateral raises, you're normally advised to lean forward so that you work through the scapular(?) plane..

Do you need to lean forward with upright rows? Or is the clue in the name?

It's been bugging me!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.