BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-30-2018, 01:39 PM

Its all bs. Vertical is mostly genetic.

Its all marketing to guys who want to dunk. Most of it is a great way to get injured via repetitive jumping.

And if youre over 30 forget about it.

Ive seen some guys add inches at 15-18 years old. Mostly just due to natural growth or shedding 20 lbs of fat though.

These guys putting up huge squat numbers with great leaping ability... thats more correlation than anything.

If you want to beat your head against the wall then try power cleans. It will at least give you good strength training while you work on "improving vertical"

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 06-30-2018 at 01:50 PM. Reason: A
Unread 07-01-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post

Its all marketing to guys who want to dunk. Most of it is a great way to get injured via repetitive jumping.

Ive seen some guys add inches at 15-18 years old. Mostly just due to natural growth or shedding 20 lbs of fat though.

These guys putting up huge squat numbers with great leaping ability... thats more correlation than anything.

If you want to beat your head against the wall then try power cleans. It will at least give you good strength training while you work on "improving vertical"

If your form sucks then it doesn't mean others cannot do it or that genetics are bad, that is so bad excuse for anyone. Beside all training for increased power and speed you need to master typical approach of how to fluently convert horizontal movement to vertical.
Try it yourself and you'll see the difference.
Unread 07-02-2018, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post

What makes you think that power cleans make you a better jumper than practicing jumping? That is ridiculous. I should defer to you, though; you are a great weight lifter. Great power cleaner. Probably 115#. Maybe even 135#. Probably can't jump. That qualifies you.
Unread 07-02-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
What makes you think that power cleans make you a better jumper than practicing jumping? That is ridiculous. I should defer to you, though; you are a great weight lifter. Great power cleaner. Probably 115#. Maybe even 135#. Probably can't jump. That qualifies you.
Shut up loser you dont have 3000 on your SATs and many boats.
Unread 07-03-2018, 02:40 AM

I'm still waiting for BEATMEOUTTAME to write a meaningful post.