BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-05-2014, 03:56 AM

Default Help and reassurance.

Hi all, I'm new to this site so I do apologize if I'm posting incorrectly!
Let me just get to the point.
I have always been stuck at around 11-12% bf.
Starting this cut I gradually reduced cals from around 2500 now I'm in week 9 of diet I'm at around 2200 cals, 40p/30c/30f (macro % ratio)
I'm getting in 220g protein, 70-75g fats, the rest fill in (carbs) not counting but never really exceeds 150g! My daily fibre always hits 30g minimum, after listening to Layne Norton explain how essential it is I always hit 30g fibre.
My curiosity is will this work for me to get down to 7%?
I'm yet to incorporate HIIT or any cardio as I am losing weight and waist size.
What should I do? or am I already on the correct path?
Please critique and tell me if my protein/fats or anything is incorrect. I'm trying my best to read and learn from everyone on this forum but sometimes it feels the words are just slipping off the page and I'm not understanding. :/

PS - I do count macros and track them daily, my protein, fats and fiber are always on point, except for my carbs. Do those need to be hitting perfectly either?

Thank you! I really appreciate any time you can put into helping.
Unread 12-05-2014, 09:30 AM

I would say that what you are doing is fine for now as long as you are still getting results and making progress. I wouldn't change anything until you stall.

You did leave out your height, weight, and age which would have something to do with your caloric requirements. Your calories seem a bit on the high side considering that you are not doing any cardio which leads me to believe you are only training in the weight room. You did not give any details about your activity level and how much you are working out etc.

How did you arrive at your current BF estimate of 11-12% anyway? Are you using calipers or some other method of estimation? I'd say that to get down to 7% you are probably going to eventually need to either drop calories further or add in cardio or both but this is just a guess since I don't know enough about your caloric requirements and activity levels.
Unread 12-05-2014, 04:16 PM

My apologies, my height is 176cm and current weight is 71kg, when others see me they'd think I'm already on 7% but I think it's just the fact that I have big/prominent abs. I have vascularity on my legs and striations all over but I know for sure it's not 7%, perhaps I'm a bit harsh on myself saying 11-12% but once I sit down the skin on my stomach doesn't fold down it looks kinda sloppy it's hard to explain. I definately do need a DEXA scan though for a real estimate but regardless even if I was '7%' if I don't look it then I will keep dieting harder till I do look it.
Thank you for your reply.