BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-27-2017, 04:56 PM

Default Steroids and Cognition (TRT does not boost cognition)

Article:

http://www.alzforum.org/news/researc...oost-cognition

Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/...ost_cognition/

Seems this is still something that's argued. Greg Knuckles was talking recently about how steroids seem to reduce brain mass in some places.

My thought is that, even if androgens do reduce cognitive ability, what value is it if you have no opportunity, or motivation to use it?
Unread 02-28-2017, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugsaredrugs View Post
[...]steroids seem to reduce brain mass in some places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugsaredrugs View Post
My thought is [...]
Well, at least you're natural.

OT: I'm not sure what you're asking (or is it a philosophical statement?)
Unread 02-28-2017, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Who cares.
Unread 02-28-2017, 09:18 AM

There some research out there looking at creatine and Alzheimers. Id be curious to see how steroids and increased uptake of creatine effect brain function for Alzheimers.

As determ said, not sure what you're asking...You are making a big assumption that gear reduces cognition. You seem like you are interested but wary of any risks.

Also does a certain dose cause it? How long do you need to use to have it occur? Do certain steroids cause it or is it only test levels?

The research is pretty sparse and there isn't any evidence I've seen that gear hurts cognition. People tend to overestimate the risks of gear...the people who suffer from it are usually pro bodybuilders that are at huge doses.

That bigger, faster, stronger documentary is a good watch if you get a chance. Delves into a lot of the misnomers about gear.
Unread 02-28-2017, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg10587 View Post
There some research out there looking at creatine and Alzheimers. Id be curious to see how steroids and increased uptake of creatine effect brain function for Alzheimers.

As determ said, not sure what you're asking...You are making a big assumption that gear reduces cognition. You seem like you are interested but wary of any risks.

Also does a certain dose cause it? How long do you need to use to have it occur? Do certain steroids cause it or is it only test levels?

The research is pretty sparse and there isn't any evidence I've seen that gear hurts cognition. People tend to overestimate the risks of gear...the people who suffer from it are usually pro bodybuilders that are at huge doses.

That bigger, faster, stronger documentary is a good watch if you get a chance. Delves into a lot of the misnomers about gear.
I vaguely recall one study using HIGH DOSE anabolics that showed something like this.

Whatever, who cares, and Knuckols is an idiot. Probably from too much tesotsterone impairing his cognition.
Unread 02-28-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg10587 View Post
I wasn't asking anything in particular. Just trying to start a discussion I thought may be interesting.

I am not personally wary, I'm sure any effects are marginal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
Whatever, who cares, and Knuckols is an idiot. Probably from too much tesotsterone impairing his cognition.
Haha I was scared to mention his name for this reason. I don't want to be associated with his idiocy.