BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-15-2013, 08:08 AM

Your back is rounding and your negatives look dangerous. Try lowering yourself with an arched back.
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
I'm not going to comment on your form because I'm not qualified to do so, but from a risk-reward point of view, how do you justify lifting 400 pounds if you are not certain that you can do it safely? I assume you are not training for a powerlifting meet.
Exactly my point I can't - but the reason I have so far is because I wasn't aware of the form issues, i.e. I've never had pain and it felt fine using the same progression schemes as I have on bench and squat. Its just knowing what to do now that I know my form is bad that is the problem?

Thanks alot for your help.
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Its just knowing what to do now that I know my form is bad that is the problem?
Make a video of yourself performing some RDLs(http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...l-vs-sldl.html). If that lift comes naturally to you, but lifting from the floor doesn't, conclusions can probably be drawn by someone smarter than me. Logically, certain combinations of leg length/hip flexibility/arm length/etc won't be able to set up a deadlift from the floor properly.

Last edited by freddie : 02-15-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atresia View Post
Your back is rounding and your negatives look dangerous. Try lowering yourself with an arched back.
Sorry this point hadn't loaded - thank you - I have since corrected my lowering phase, just really struggling with the back rounding issue, at any weight!
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Make a video of yourself performing some RDLs(http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...l-vs-sldl.html). If that lift comes naturally to you, but lifting from the floor doesn't, conclusions can probably be drawn by someone smarter than me.
Will do, thank you - I'll do them after squats instead of leg curls and see how I go on with them, I've never tried them before.