BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-16-2013, 06:15 AM

Default Advice getting back into weight lifting

I got two questions really.

I want to be in a good shape for July this year but I haven't really trained properly for a year and a half at least.

Anyways just coming up to the end of the second week on RFL went from 192 (was the morning after eating a large dominos pizza to myself though) to this morning I was 179 and 181 yesterday (morning after cheating with pancakes for desert).

So I estimated my BMI to be 24.2 and using some formula on Google my estimated bf is 17.9%.

Height is 183cm and I'm 22 years old.

So my questions are:

1. Forgive the stupid bulk or cut question but I have to start somewhere and I'm not sure whether its better that I start training now (might get that recomp effect) then diet again later, given that I'm essentially a beginner, the weights I use for the first 3 months are going to be more for conditioning rather than building muscle. Or carry on dieting to sub bf15 and start then?

2. Any advice for getting back into training? like take a few weeks doing bodyweight exercises focusing on core work?

>edit
I just counted the 20 weeks before I go on holiday.
Also I don't expect a miracle and be 190lbs 10%bf. Just want to utilise these 20 weeks in the best way I can

Last edited by default : 02-16-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:07 AM

main site
Unread 02-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by default View Post
I got two questions really.

I want to be in a good shape for July this year but I haven't really trained properly for a year and a half at least.

Anyways just coming up to the end of the second week on RFL went from 192 (was the morning after eating a large dominos pizza to myself though) to this morning I was 179 and 181 yesterday (morning after cheating with pancakes for desert).

So I estimated my BMI to be 24.2 and using some formula on Google my estimated bf is 17.9%.

Height is 183cm and I'm 22 years old.

So my questions are:

1. Forgive the stupid bulk or cut question but I have to start somewhere and I'm not sure whether its better that I start training now (might get that recomp effect) then diet again later, given that I'm essentially a beginner, the weights I use for the first 3 months are going to be more for conditioning rather than building muscle. Or carry on dieting to sub bf15 and start then?

2. Any advice for getting back into training? like take a few weeks doing bodyweight exercises focusing on core work?

>edit
I just counted the 20 weeks before I go on holiday.
Also I don't expect a miracle and be 190lbs 10%bf. Just want to utilise these 20 weeks in the best way I can
Always cut before a bulk. Get to 10-12% body-fat then consider bulking.