BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-05-2008, 05:55 PM

Default Refeed/Training questions

Hi. I have a question regarding the refeed. I am Category 1, and am due for a 2-3 day refeed next week. Is wine ok to have during this, or is alcohol off limits?

Also, I am doing the protein intake based on aerobic training. If at the start of the second week, I decide to not exercise, would I back down to the inactive protein intake, and if so, would that hurt my results? I am currently getting 47.5 g meal (3 meals), and I am only exercising about 3-4 times/week for 30 minutes.

Thank you!
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:12 PM
3-board ultra supreme member

bottles of wine? no ... a glass or two? ok ... again, just count the calories

it's fine to drop it down a little, but it won't much matter
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:20 PM

OK thank you for the help!
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Administrator

what notdano said, don't be surprised if a bit of alcohol leaves you dry and tight the next day since it's a mild diuretic
Unread 03-05-2008, 08:34 PM

Ok, thanks! One more question about that. I am supposed to keep protein and fat the same and add in the carbs, which is about 500 grams the first day. That being said, on calorieking, wine does not have that many carbs; it is mostly alcohol (duh so, what would I count them as?
Unread 03-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Administrator

alcohol is strange, they are sort of carbs but biochemically, if anything they are probably best treated as fat (b/c they tend to decrease fat burning when you drink)

however, the caloric content of alcohol is very strange and not all of hte calories seem to 'show up' when alcohol is consumed

some of the calories appear to missing, but nobody knows where they are
Unread 03-06-2008, 01:38 PM

On refeeds I can usually put away a liter of wine without any noticable negatives effects. So, fat burning is slightly blunted yes, but the lowered tolerance from dieting will save calories because you won't be able to handle near as much "don't be surprised by this as I was the first time I tried it and drank one glass too many". And as Lyle stated above expect to wake up very dry and hard, assuming you repleted glycogen well and didn't overdo the wine. Bottom line here, if you enjoy and good glass of wine, have a few glasses, drink it slow, and enjoy your cheap buzz along with some tastey carbs!
Unread 03-07-2008, 04:29 PM

Hahaha!! I LOVE that advice!!!! Thank you for the help!!!
Unread 03-07-2008, 11:17 PM

Hey Kel, I just bought my wine for my refeed tomorrow (Yellowtail Shiraz)! How did your refeed go?
Unread 03-09-2008, 09:46 AM

Nice! How was it? YUM. Shiraz is my favorite red...I'm partial to Chardonnay though

My refeed isnt until next weekend ...so I have another week to get through! I cant wait though...I already bought the bottle for motivation haha

I do have a question for you though...My big refeed is supposed to be fri and smaller one sat. Would it make much of a difference if I switched them? I have a wedding to go to on sat, and want to feel/look my best. And alcohol on fri may actually make me look tighter..did i read you right about that? Cause that would be awesome.