BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-17-2017, 10:20 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
There’s a very knowledgeable guy on AAS on Lyle’s FB group goes by Chester Rockwell and he said except for instances of HGH he rarely puts his clients over 1g per lb. Yeah it won’t hurt to go higher, Lyle even had 1.4 as the upper limit for bulking natties in the Protein book. Even the steroid studies in the 90s where the guys gained lots of muscle they were only eating like 16x BW calories and .6g per lbs.
Damn you
Unread 12-17-2017, 10:33 AM

The 600 mg study often posted used like 1.5g/kg i think..anyway I don't actually aim for 1.5 I'd be fine with 1g but its just my food choices naturally push me there. I'm still clocking 450g carbs+ daily at under 200 lbs so I feel ok so far...try to get a lot pre wo. So far sessions have been great. My old prep coach has a client pushing 480/800/180 @ only 230 lbs LEAN..wonder how much gh he's on. Thats almost 7k cals/bwx30
Unread 12-17-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
Chester Rockwell (admin of Lyle's FB group) discusses protein intake on this awesome podcast:

https://soundcloud.com/wolfperforman...ockwell-part-1

He's for the lower protein intake (1g/lb or little less), so you can have more carbs/fat to support training.
Thanks for sharing. Good material
Unread 12-17-2017, 03:44 PM

Off topic, but does it usually take a while to get added to the Facebook group? I requested a few weeks ago and I'm getting all paranoid that I somehow did something wrong
Unread 12-17-2017, 04:01 PM

I wouldn't think that it would take very long. You might risk the verbal beatdown and DM Lyle on FB to ask about you getting added.
Unread 12-17-2017, 06:13 PM

Thanks!
Unread 12-18-2017, 01:31 PM

The last 2 years have been a roller coaster.

The two year's prior to that, I had cut to <10% at 163/164 lbs. and looking back I loved how I looked then. Should have just maintained that and tried to add small amounts of mass here and there.

Instead, I spent another 1.5 years trying to lean out even more...endocrine system crashed...

Went on Clomid, then was advised to gain weight...and the flood gates opened. I went from ~155 lbs. to 170/175 in just a few months, pretty much just eating like crap/drinking on weekends. Slowly crept up to ~185 lbs. over the next 6 - 8 months or so, and maintained that for awhile (I was really trying to lose a bit of weight, but just ended up maintaining).

Finally started losing weight back in August (~1 year after my initial weight gain to 170ish), and here I am about 10 lbs. lighter around 175 lbs.

Energy levels and strength were through the roof during my wild bulk. My estimates are that I regained about 5 - 10 lbs. of lost muscle. But this doesn't really count, because I was on Clomid (not steroids or even TRT levels, but still, it helps I'm sure), and I also was mostly regaining lost muscle mass. I think I gained a bit more on top of that too.

Anyways, just cutting until spring, going no lower than 165 lbs. and then see how I look/feel. I'm down to only 25 mg of Clomid a week (original dose was 150 mg/week). Losing weight with a healthy endocrine system is much easier than it was a few years ago. I'm also ~12-15%, not <10%...so that helps too.
Unread 12-18-2017, 01:35 PM

^what do you mean 'it doesn't count'? Is the lbm on your body or not??
Unread 12-18-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoun1e View Post
Does anyone let it all hang out and bulk big time anymore? Who are not genetically gifted or on drugs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
^what do you mean 'it doesn't count'? Is the lbm on your body or not??
I should have clarified. It was in reference to kyoun1e's post quoted above.

Yes, it's real LBM and counts. But it's not the same as if I had not been on Clomid, and was also trying to build new muscle, rather than recovering lost muscle mass.

Compared to me trying "let it all hang out and bulk big time" bulks of the past, it subjectively seemed to be more successful.

And don't get me wrong, I also gained plenty of fat during my "Clomid bulk". I put about 4 inches on my waist, but also a few on my arms and I think ~6 inches on my chest.

I've since lost about 3 of those 4 inches, but I'm still up 20 lbs. from where I was initially.
Unread 12-18-2017, 01:56 PM

Oh ok that clarified the context better