BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-13-2017, 11:21 PM

I disagree that speed of fat loss has anything to do with it. Nor do I think that it is "unrealistic" to expect that eating more food will make you less hungry.
Unread 12-14-2017, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
I disagree that speed of fat loss has anything to do with it. Nor do I think that it is "unrealistic" to expect that eating more food will make you less hungry.
There is actually something to it, but not the way you'd expect. When you lose weight quickly, your TDEE decreases quickly as well. So in absolute terms, your maintenance goes down faster and you need to adapt to it faster. You can't get used to small decreases of food, but you suddenly need to eat "way less" to maintain. Psychologically, that's a big reason a lot of people fail.

Additionally, when you lose weight rapidly, your hormones down regulate pretty fast as well. I remember vaguely that a typical RFL run down-regulates your hormones as much as a comparable 8 week diet. Again, you need to get used to those adjustment in a much smaller time frame. Another reason why people may slingshot themselves out of the newly attained leanness.

To summarize, fast weight loss means fast adaptions which people cannot handle very well.
Unread 12-14-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
I thought perhaps trying to get advice to fix it would be more helpful than just whining about it in my log like I have been all week.

I just finished 4 weeks on RFL as a Cat 2 (doing the usual 1 free meal, 1 refeed each week). Before that I had been dieting all year, mostly at a smaller deficit, with frequent, albeit unstructured, breaks. I'd estimate I'm around 25%BF right now (at 135 lbs), so not real lean.

I have been on the diet break for 5 days, eating the same foods I ate on RFL but with added fats (cream in coffee mostly) and 150+ carbs every day. Same amount of EC on the diet and off. When I stick to maintenance calories (~1800) I am ravenous! One day I ate to satiety and ended up 1000 calories over maintenance.

I just wanted to ask: is this a common occurrence? Does it usually pass quickly? Should I just white-knuckle through it? Is there anything I can do to make it easier?
Do you get hungrier in the evening than earlier in the day? It might make sense to move to more of an intermittent fasting pattern of eating, or at least save more of your fat/carbs for evenings if that's when you get the hungriest.
Unread 12-14-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
Do you get hungrier in the evening than earlier in the day? It might make sense to move to more of an intermittent fasting pattern of eating, or at least save more of your fat/carbs for evenings if that's when you get the hungriest.
This is good advice -- but unfortunately I am already doing that and I'm still hungry!
Unread 12-15-2017, 05:07 PM

just combine some RFL, IF, some HIIT, fasted cardio and refeeds and diet breaks, and all of a sudden you have the perfect recipe for a binge/restrict eating disorder. I wonder why there's no book on this yet

If one strategy can be effective then surely mixing them all together is unstoppable?

Last edited by Hectic : 12-15-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Unread 12-15-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
just combine some RFL, IF, some HIIT, fasted cardio and refeeds and diet breaks, and all of a sudden you have the perfect recipe for a binge/restrict eating disorder. I wonder why there's no book on this yet

If one strategy can be effective then surely mixing them all together is unstoppable?
Legit lol'ed tbh
Unread 12-15-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:

I never had an eating disorder before starting ud2, got in the best shape of my life using that protocol but couldn't maintain. Tried everything since, rfl, IF, and all of the above. Spinning my wheels for years, only thing I'm left with is terrible b.e.d.
Unread 12-16-2017, 05:41 AM

I've tried everything except an accurately measured 15% dailey deficit using high volume foods, and i'm all out of ideas. What do I dew?
Unread 12-16-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
an accurately measured 15% dailey deficit using high volume foods
Where's the fun in that?

Unread 12-30-2017, 03:17 PM

Yeah, me too. Hungrier on the break

I'm on day 11 of Full Diet break after 154 days straight in 20%+ deficit of 2000

I'm eating about 2600 a day (TDEE), finding I'm not full and could eat loads more, going to carry on the diet break for a while yet and then get back to the deficit