BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-12-2017, 11:06 PM

Full Diet Break day 5/14

AM weight 134 something

Spent most of the day freaking hungry and freaking cold and freaking crabby. Then around 6pm it just ... got better. Ate my evening carbs and now I feel satiated. I really hope I've turned some kind of maintenance corner!

Food:
- midnight snack of chicken crusts and ff cheese (I completely forgot about this when planning the rest of the day's macros. Haha! Not that 100 calories is going to completely derail me. But it's another good reason not to eat in the middle of the night, even if you are stressed because your toddlers can't sleep normally)
- coffee with cream
- steamed broccoli with homemade ff paneer
- microwave pp cake
- mashed potatoes, Ritz crackers, M&Ms, a little homemade granola from a friend
About 2000 calories total with 160g protein and 150g carbs.

Exercise: none

Steps: an extremely dismal 3500
Unread 12-13-2017, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty View Post

Really, I know there is no magic bullet. I can do some diastasis recti exercises and continue to lose fat. And start saving up for a fleur de lis tummy tuck to deal with the skin someday, I guess.

There are bigger problems in the world. But now that the rest of my body is a fairly "regular" size, I am more self-conscious than ever about my stomach. I hate how round it is.

Oh, well. </whine>
So when you do that know that the muscle repair part sucks. And I was told that my surgeon barely did anything to my muscle because is was already pretty good. Still my exercise ability was reduced for a lot longer than I expected.

The first pic is from my original FDL w/muscle repair in February. I had a raised hard ridge down the center of my abdomen.

This second pic I just did. Think I'm fatter, or maybe some swelling since it is near the end of the day and I just had this revision done at the start of November, so about 6 weeks ago.

The revision was because I still had a pouch of skin at the top of the vertical incision near my breast and my belly button was stretched out wide and hard. My second surgeon said the pouch at the top was due to the breast position during surgery (when you are flat on the table the weight of the breasts pulls the skin flat so they need to be taped into a normal standing type position) IIRC and he said that the belly button got so wide because my first surgeon used a horizontal incision and that doesn't work with the FDL because the skin is pulling horizontally. So he did a tiny belly button (really baby sized) as part of the revision to the vertical incision and said it would stretch out in about a month and look right.

Sharing so maybe you can avoid needing a revision.

And big congrats on making it to your goal.

I've never quite gotten there.
Unread 12-13-2017, 09:17 PM

I was hoping you would comment, Holly -- I read your thread about your procedure! Although I am sure it will be ages, if ever, until I can afford it, it's good to be prepared with knowledge about the muscle repair. I expect mine will be much more significant than yours. I am jealous of your flat stomach
Unread 12-13-2017, 09:18 PM

Full Diet Break day 6/14

Quote:
I really hope I've turned some kind of maintenance corner!
Narrator: "She had not, in fact, turned some kind of maintenance corner."
Unread 12-14-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly70 View Post
And big congrats on making it to your goal.

I've never quite gotten there.
I meant to say, thank you! However, once I reached the number-on-the-scale goal, I realized I still had weight to lose for my way-I-look-in-the-mirror goal. So it's a moving target
Unread 12-15-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I meant to say, thank you! However, once I reached the number-on-the-scale goal, I realized I still had weight to lose for my way-I-look-in-the-mirror goal. So it's a moving target
I think that is true for most of us.

I was trying to reach 136 because I had calculated that should put me @ 20% body fat. Bounced around a lot (lowest was 145) and after a year had a second DEXA scan and I went from about 25% to 24%.

Chose to avoid the scales for awhile and if I had to guess I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of 155 - 160 right now. In January I should be healed up, past the holidays, and ready to try again.

I felt really good at 145 so at this point I think I would be happy just to reach that and maintain it.
Unread 12-15-2017, 09:35 PM

Full Diet Break day 7/14

Stress pileup, too much on my plate (no pun intended) to wrestle with a diet, so I let go of the reins and just ate whatever. This included a box of 19 granola bars Totals for the day were probably around 3500 calories and 600g carbs. I felt full for a bit in the afternoon, but was hungry again by dinner and on through bedtime. Hormones, man. Leptin and whatnot. Crazy.

Day 8/14

AM weight 137.0

Woke up with a ton of energy (THANKS, CARBS!) Back on plan. ~1800 calories, 130g protein, 150g carbs including some Ethiopian leftovers. YUM. Not too hungry overall.

Gonna make sure to hit the gym tomorrow. Long term, I need to find a way to work out at home.
Unread 12-15-2017, 11:26 PM

I've been noodling a bunch trying to sort out all my different goals for next year. I realized I'm doomed to failure if I try to cram in too many at once.

I'm signed up to walk a marathon in May and so my goals from after the diet break until then are just: (1) follow my walking training plan and (2) stay under 140 lbs. Anything else I do is just gravy. But these are the things I'll focus on while still living my life.

I feel better having decided, so I'm going to post it here to commit to it publicly! The end. Back to diet break.
Unread 12-16-2017, 04:11 AM

Maintenance is hard, but hang in there!

//bstrong
Unread 12-16-2017, 10:37 PM

Full Diet Break day 8/14

AM Weight: 137.0

Food:
- pound of oven roasted cauliflower
- ff greek yogurt with protein powder
- free meal (sunflower seeds at the movies)
- RFL brownies
Calories probably a bit under maintenance, and carbs low, but after Thursday's carb-a-palooza I doubt that will hurt me. No problems with hunger today.

The protein powder was True Nutrition's Corner Candy Store flavor, and that is NASTY. Ugh. I'm not sure what it's supposed to taste like but I find it super gross. I hate wasting food so I will try to make it into shakes from now on and chug it as fast as possible.

Exercise:
Bench 50# 1x15, 1x13 (then got stuck under the bar, not dangerous at such a light weight but felt embarrassing, haha), 1x10
One-armed DB row 30# 3x12
Back extensions with 10#DB 3x15 (these killed me)
Leg press machine 200# 3x15 (these felt great)
10 minutes diastasis recti exercises
Overall felt worn out in a good way by the end.

Steps: 6000