BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-03-2018, 12:32 PM
Banned

Here is a study on Fasting and Weight-Lifting training where they analyzed blood:
http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index...File/5645/4553

They found that fasting did not affect red and white blood cell composition.
However, it did affect hematocrit (ratio of the volume of red blood cells to the total volume of blood) and platelet count.
Unread 05-03-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm587 View Post
Is there anything I can do to prevent myself from waking up hungry? I loved training with just water, black coffee, and some BCAAs beforehand, but lately I've been waking up hungry. Could this just be a case of not eating enough the day before?
What does your last meal of the day look like and how long before you wake up?
Unread 05-03-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Is there anything I can do to prevent myself from waking up hungry? I loved training with just water, black coffee, and some BCAAs beforehand, but lately I've been waking up hungry. Could this just be a case of not eating enough the day before?
You going to wake up hungry regardless, your body just finished ďfastingĒ through the night. If you want to mitigate it drink two cups of water right after you wake up. If Iím still hungry after that nicotine usually helps suppress it for me.

Also refer to manofsteelís comment. Donít shoot yourself in the foot by eating simple high carb sugary foods at night. I just ate Taco Bell last night at 1:00 am and woke up feeling like I didnít eat in years.
Unread 05-18-2018, 03:26 PM

During Ramadan would you guys say itís alright to train 1-3 hours before breaking fast? I read some say that the GH spike after training would prevent muscle loss.
Unread 05-20-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlifter View Post
During Ramadan would you guys say itís alright to train 1-3 hours before breaking fast? I read some say that the GH spike after training would prevent muscle loss.
Should be fine. Do this pretty regularly. Id try to workout as close to your fast break as you can though. Find waiting too long really spikes hunger.
Unread 06-04-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
If you eat slow digesting proteins at night you will be less hungry in the morning. I usually eat boiled egg whites and mix a casein protein powder scoop with some milk. Pop a few psyllium husk caps and some spinach and you should be good to go without eating in the morning as long as you get caffeine upon waking up.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.