BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-09-2018, 12:44 AM

Default Cat 1 protein intake necessary?

I'm 6'2, about 170 lbs at about 12 % body fat. Accordingly, the calculator puts my protein intake at about 300 g per day. So after my first day, I ate 1490 calories. This does not seem like a massive deficit to me...is this how it is supposed to be for a cat 1 dieter? I considered dropping down to 1.5 g of protein per pound of lbm, but I am deathly scared of muscle loss.
Unread 08-09-2018, 10:13 AM

If you're in category 1, then you don't have much fat to lose. So I don't think you'll be in a massive deficit no matter what.

That being said, I seem to remember cat 1 logs here awhile back where people were not very satisfied with the diet. It probably has to do with the fact that they aren't going to get the same amazing results as a cat 3 person.
Unread 08-09-2018, 04:28 PM

Cat 1 RFL is kind of awful tbh I'd just do UD2. I did cat 1 RFL, felt horrible the whole time, and ended up heavier than when I started even a week post-refeed
Unread 08-09-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
Cat 1 RFL is kind of awful tbh I'd just do UD2. I did cat 1 RFL, felt horrible the whole time, and ended up heavier than when I started even a week post-refeed
Idk depletion workouts seem to be by far the worst thing I've ever done.
Unread 08-10-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyAH View Post
I'm 6'2, about 170 lbs at about 12 % body fat. Accordingly, the calculator puts my protein intake at about 300 g per day. So after my first day, I ate 1490 calories. This does not seem like a massive deficit to me...is this how it is supposed to be for a cat 1 dieter? I considered dropping down to 1.5 g of protein per pound of lbm, but I am deathly scared of muscle loss.
Cat 1 RFL isn't meant to be a long term diet solution, it's to eek out as much fat loss as you can in 2 weeks. It's been forever since I read the book but didn't Lyle say it's only for contest prep if you're behind or have an event approaching and only want to do a short diet?
Unread 08-10-2018, 08:30 AM

Deficits reduce the leaner you are. You are at a 1000 calorie deficit still (15◊170-1500). I dont see how you're gonna do better than that with guaranteed lbm prevention. Also dont forget a mostly purely protein diet has a higher tef.
Unread 08-10-2018, 02:25 PM

You guys are right. The deficit is large enough.

I am thinking about the refeed at the end of the diet. I can't help but feel that the guidelines set out by Lyle are too much. If I recall correctly, it's like 5-6 g of carbs per lb of body weight for the first day, about half of that the second day, and a quarter of that the third day. Isn't that going to add fat back on? I know some will be stored as glycogen, but don't you think there will be some spillover once glycogen stores are full? Or will I be so depleted that all of it will go to glycogen storage?
Unread 08-10-2018, 08:13 PM

Ime you can skip the refeed and go back to maintenance be x 15 or so without an issue. I dont think you'll be very depleted on tfl unless you kick it off with the two depletions
Unread 08-11-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyAH View Post
You guys are right. The deficit is large enough.

I am thinking about the refeed at the end of the diet. I can't help but feel that the guidelines set out by Lyle are too much. If I recall correctly, it's like 5-6 g of carbs per lb of body weight for the first day, about half of that the second day, and a quarter of that the third day. Isn't that going to add fat back on? I know some will be stored as glycogen, but don't you think there will be some spillover once glycogen stores are full? Or will I be so depleted that all of it will go to glycogen storage?
Youíre not smarter than Lyle about this stuff. Just do what the book says. Or donít. No one is forcing you and not here to convince you to.
Unread 08-11-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
Youíre not smarter than Lyle about this stuff.
Very true. Thanks for the help guys. I am just going to continue following the book exactly.