BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-24-2018, 04:40 PM

You're not wrong about the GOMAD stuff. Personally, I think that's pretty insane. I've done 1/2 gallon of whole milk several days and i usually drop to 1/3rd gallon pretty quickly just because the milk will not make you feel too good. I also always end up with a lot of extra fat too.

But point taken I'm at the point where I'm probably not eating quite enough to keep shooting up weights because I'm too fat and I want to not look fat.

Anyway, girl visiting from across the country is at my old beach this week so Im headed that way and i want to look good.

I'm going to give Extreme Rapid Fat Loss a quick go. I planned on starting tomrorow but i had some food i had to prep before it went bad and my mom gave me some food to take home when i visited this weekend so i may have to give it another day.

I did volume training so thats probably best. Okay Extreme Rapid Fat Loss starts Tuesday. That way I can do Depletion on Day 1 instead of Day 2. That was MISERABLE last time. No freaking way Jose.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 06-24-2018, 05:06 PM

So far I like switching to the volume training a bit. It feels good using a weight you know you can perform well with and without the insanely long 5 minute rest intervals in between each set. Overall, I think i'll benefit implementing a little of both. I know the added repetitions will really help with the mechanics of the movement patterns a lot.

Squat: 135 lbs, 5x5 2 min rest intervals

Bench: 135 lbs, 5x5 2 min rest intervals

Deadlift: 195 lbs, 3x5 90 second rest intervals

Pullups: 5, 5, 7 ~3 min rest intervals, didn't time them

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Unread 06-24-2018, 10:16 PM

Man, the five minute rest intervals are only there because they're absolutely necessary. It's intense. I've done that. I did ss, gomad. I didn't care. I gained 50 pounds. I was young. I got a way stronger. Workouts were super grindy. You should probably need a guy there to spot you, the weight jumps get so gnarly. I had to diet for a while, ain't nothing. I don't recommend it. So many better ways.

Maybe,
you should
do some
thingelse.

Something proven. prescribed. Followed strictly for a period of six months.
Unread 06-25-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Something proven. prescribed. Followed strictly for a period of six months.
If it were me given the low working weights being used I would follow Lyle's barbell beginner routine with a deficit and some cardio on rest days until I hit 10%. Hopefully at that point weights might not be too shabby for a slow bulk following GBR.
Unread 06-26-2018, 12:05 PM

one of the busier weeks of my life just ended and so i didnt realize it but today was my 5th gym visit in 10 days which means i havent taken two days off like i always do after my 3rd in six, or at a maximum 4th in eight.

Between that and the switch to volume training and probably not being in surplus i felt dead even as I warmed up. Plus ive done 2 full nights worth of cardio unintentionally which really messed up my sleep schedule.

I was already there and I didn't want to just go home. So I decided to focus on back which doesnt get hit that hard in my usual routine and just keep overall volume light with higher rep ranges. Going to eat hard today and at maintenance or so tomorrow because I have a bunch of food in the fridge i need to eat or toss soon.

Squat: 2 sets of 6, 135 pounds. I was initially planning on 5 sets of 6 reps but this is the exercise I discovered I was really fatigued coming in so I just did 2 sets.

Inverted Bodyweight Row? Never known what to call these things but I've always gotten good resuts from them. Always called them reverse pushups in my head. Where you lay under the bar and pull yourself up explosively to touch chest to the bar Anyway I did 2 sets of 12.

Chinups, 3 sets of 7. I did as many as I could with my legs in an L shape so that my abs were a bit of a limiter and would get hit.

I don't think I'll need two full days off since I kept it so light and ignored the shoulder girdle pretty much.

I think I'm definitely caught a little in the middle. I think I probably just need to forget about getting lean right now. I'm turning 36 in six weeks so I need to be putting on all the strength I can before it becomes impossible.

I don't really put a lot of weight in Lyle's old recommendation of getting to 10% first because at the time he thought there was better muscle gain occuring at that level of leanness. Since then he seems to have acknowledged that was a correlation between people who have good genetics rather than a causal relationship.

I won't pack on much fat if I stick with the starting strength model at this level and don't overeat. Whereas if i try to get down to 10% I really don't have any discernible muscle mass to showcase anyway. I did that last summer and frankly I over did it and it took awhile to get back to my natural weight and it involved unnecessary fat gain.

Dieting is not much fun when you're down to 155 lbs either.

I'm at 168 right now. No need to go a lot lower. I'm getting a bodyscan on Saturday so maybe I'll just stay status quo until I get that and then I'll have my bearings a little on what I need to focus on.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 06-26-2018 at 12:09 PM. Reason: add
Unread 06-28-2018, 03:34 PM

Had a really good day after going light on volume two days ago.

Squat: 3x5 , 150 lbs . Form wasn't perfect and a few reps were a struggle. Probably going to try 155 lbs next round and then back to the drawing board at 135 to dial in the technique. Want to keep closing power leaks.

I tried to do OHP and got to my working weight of 115 lbs and did 2 reps when I was looking for 3x5. I'm not sure what's going on here as it says I did 115 lbs, 3 sets of 4 reps awhile ago. I'm wondering if maybe I mis logged and it was really 110x4 reps. EIther way I abandoned after the 2 reps and next session I will start back at 105 lbs and go from there.

Decided to bench press instead since it's been awhile.

I did 145 x 5 x 5 x 7. There was a guy I knew beside me so i grabbed a spot on the final set and went for broke and got 7 reps. It's odd my bench is progressing so nicely and my OHP is a bit of a mess. Anyway, was happy with the bench. Will try 3x5 with 150 lbs next go around since I think I should have it since I hit 7 on last set of 145.

Deadlift: I've been babying around with 195 for a few weeks now and decided to test my pec by bumping up to 215. I figure my legs are strong enough now and my technique is better that maybe it would be okay. Felt fine. Did 2 sets of 5 reps, 215 lbs.

Pullups. 7, 7, 8. Felt pretty good. Started to develop a little bit of a swing that I don't like. Will either need to lower the reps and use more tension on the down movement, or start adding weight.