BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-08-2018, 11:07 AM

Your stats and half your story are identical to mine, haha.

Main difference I THOUGHT I had pcos, turns out I have endometriosis. My life is hell in this aspect and the only thing I can do is manage the severe symptoms naturally through low bodyfat and low carb diet.

We can do this! Good luck!

My ERFL log
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=34596
Unread 02-09-2018, 02:43 PM

One week in and there is no change in the scale weight, which is disheartening. But there could be lots of reasons for that. Clothes aren't fitting any different either though. It has only been a week and I'm trying to undo about 6 months of serious damage.

At my height I really should spend more time on a lot more cardio and start recording my intake to keep me accountable. Netflix and the treadmill will keep me company for the cardio I guess

Last edited by infiniteopacity : 02-09-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Unread 02-09-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaloum View Post
Your stats and half your story are identical to mine, haha.

Main difference I THOUGHT I had pcos, turns out I have endometriosis. My life is hell in this aspect and the only thing I can do is manage the severe symptoms naturally through low bodyfat and low carb diet.

We can do this! Good luck!

Yeah I saw what you wrote about wanting to shed fat quickly as part of reconciling with how we feel about our bodies/selves - that is very true!
Unread 02-14-2018, 04:58 AM

I think flexible dieting is a better approach for me at this point in time mentally. Taking it one day at a time, increasing stamina and strength at the gym, diet basics: plenty of protein, greens, healthy fats and small bits of carbs and adequate dairy intake.

I'll have to be patient about getting lean. I must admit I hate how I just let myself go last year - totally paying for it now.

Logged 150min of treadmill at 6.0-6.5km/h these past two days and two days of climbing this week + PT on Saturday. The increased activity is great for energy during the day and sleeping so much better!

Have to read Lyle's women's book properly re: OCP. I realise amenorrhea due to PCOS is not ideal and I need to get these hormones in check.
Unread 05-27-2018, 04:37 PM

So it turns out that without some form of documentation, accountability the consistency flails. Anyway, I'm determined to push forward despite taking 10 steps back.
I'd like to give RFL another shot but this time with a proper plan in place for maintenance following RFL. I believe where I went wrong last time was not properly planning for maintenance and allowing emotions to rule my diet, which is absurd. I also stopped weighing myself in what went from one week of feeling depressed/anxious to weeks to months.

Goal
1. Lose at least 5 kg by 06/07/2018 - 5 weeks. Hmm I hope this is do-able.
2. Exercise consistently - bouldering is my main form of resistance training 2x a week and I have a PT for additional resistance training.
3. Not allow diet to dictate social life.

Current weight 50kg

It will suck but I need to be focused and use what I have learnt from previous dieting experience to remain strong. Of course vanity is one of the reasons why I want to lose fat but the other reasons are a family history of diabetes, high cholesterol and fat loss is essential for my health given my history of PCOS and NAFLD.
Unread 05-31-2018, 07:05 PM

Sigh I seem to be in some sort of psychological funk that I am struggling to worm out of.

When I eat a lot / a lot of carbs there is a normal return to my cycle despite PCOS and not complying with daily dose of metformin and OCP that the GP has put me on. The concept of Energy Availability that Lyle talks about the Women's book I need to read properly.

I should be excited about the new changes in my life (resigned, taking a sabbatical) but I think to a degree I feel anxious. I don't know how much of my anxiety/depression is hereditary, linked to PCOS and just 'me'. My coping strategy is to binge, Netflix and wallow in self-pity. Totally absurd considering I should know better that I find myself winding into this time and time again.

Needless to say sitting at 50kg for now but will keep maintaining this log because I need accountability and I think not expressing my reflections is more detrimental.
Unread 06-02-2018, 04:35 AM

1st June

20km walk - pretty slowly 4.8km/h but it got done.

2nd June

PT - 40min session of resistance training and cardio. I realise it's expensive and ironic considering a few pages back how reluctant I was about joining the gym but at least momentarily I would like to continue doing this. I enjoy working with someone, hate to work on my own.

10km walk - 5km/h.

I'm not RFL'ing just being sensible about having some structure of 3 meals a day with vegetables, some protein and carbs+fats in at least two meals. However today as a family we did share a mixed box of sweets a few bites I realise these add up. It's difficult being with family and friends without engaging in what seems to be a ubiquitous social event of eating.

I figure I'll need to balance these with fasting when I'm at work or alone. It's not ideal but need some way of curbing the damage.

Last edited by infiniteopacity : 06-02-2018 at 04:38 AM.
Unread 06-03-2018, 02:42 AM

3rd June

90min top rope session. Felt incredibly fatigued toward the end, muscles just not cooperating. I woke up at 7:00am and went climbing at 10:30am having had coffee with 60mL of full fat milk and three strawberries. I'm now wondering whether having something a little more substantial to eat would have given me more energy for better endurance. Wouldn't have mattered too much I guess since my friend wanted to bail at 90min mark.

Had my first and final meal post-climbing at 2:00pm of a grilled chicken & salad wrap, 250gm of strawberries, 1 scoop of Dymatize Cinnamon Bun whey.
Unread 06-10-2018, 05:10 AM

Sigh anxiety/stress/some depression lead to a binge and no exercise for 3 days this week.

8 June

3 hour climbing session.

9 June

30min resistance training with PT - bunch of stuff including correcting my form with squats.

12000 steps.

10 June

15km walk.

I forgot I had saved this article - https://www.t-nation.com/training/ge...ed-get-walking

Was great to re-read that again.