BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-16-2018, 06:41 AM

How much calories are in bullet proof coffee?
Unread 01-16-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
It's the high Kevlar content that will get you.

OP: good luck with the conference and the presentation. I can relate to the problem of multi-day work events with food when you're on a diet. I'm not above telling little white lies about my dietary restrictions, but obviously the fewer the better. Don't want your colleagues -- or boss! -- to think you're neurotic or have an eating disorder.

//bstrong
Unread 01-16-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Seen places ranging from 400-700 & all fat. That’s a lot, but whatever works.

I’ll take it black.
Unread 01-17-2018, 05:23 AM

Default Day 8

Weight: 155.5

Nutrition:

Calories: 1054
Fat: 77
Protein: 71
Carbs: 9

Workout: none

Good news: It's been a week and the scale is steadily down 3.5 pounds. I'd say it's water weight but I ate low carb for over a week before I logged here and feel like that came off in that first week (wasn't eating at a deficit).

153.5 is the lowest I've hit on the scale (last May) since I gained all this weight in 2015. If I can see 153 by day 16 I'd be really excited.

Today is the day of my 2 presentations in front of hundreds of people. I won't be able to use note cards or see a screen; just found this out. Definitely taking a Xanax, which personally makes me feel tired and I don't like taking them but my anxiety is through the roof. I'm not going to worry about bringing in my lunch or counting calories today. I'm just going to try and eat carb and hope I don't jump off the stage. I'm so lucky to have a job but wow it's really, really stressing me out this week.

I can't wait till next week when I can get back to the gym. Deep breaths.

Stats: Female, 40, 5'7
2018 Starting weight: 162.5
Ultimate goal: 125

Last edited by yupisaidit : 01-17-2018 at 05:29 AM.
Unread 01-17-2018, 05:28 AM

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstrong View Post
It's the high Kevlar content that will get you.

OP: good luck with the conference and the presentation. I can relate to the problem of multi-day work events with food when you're on a diet. I'm not above telling little white lies about my dietary restrictions, but obviously the fewer the better. Don't want your colleagues -- or boss! -- to think you're neurotic or have an eating disorder.

//bstrong
Thanks so much. I'm just deciding to call today a wash with the presentation, and then tomorrow bring my meals and see what happens. Luckily there are thousands of people at this conference and my colleagues know I'm doing low carb for health and vanity reasons There's a woman with Celiacs so there's a lot of understanding.

Determinism, bullet proof coffee is just coffee with fat in it in the form of oil or butter. It's gimmicky in its branding BUT the concept really works for me. I drink 230 calories these days with butter, oil and protein powder, so honestly it's more of a protein shake. When I was hiking in some extremely high altitudes in Nepal, there were people who drank tea with yak butter in it. I'll probably go back to straight coffee + butter/MCT oil soon but honestly I don't know what the difference is between that and heavy cream as that's what makes butter. For whatever reason it really works for me but maybe it's just psychological.

Unread 01-18-2018, 06:18 AM

Default Day 9

Weight: 154

Nutrition

Calories: 1,210 ?
Fat: 56.5 ?
Protein: 54 ?
Carbs: 29 ?

Workout: Sandbag lifting, mix of stuff, core work

Yesterday was a hodgepodge of food and my nutrition/macros are just estimates. Ate some cashews in the morning for breakfast instead of BPC and didn't realize how many carbs they had in them. Thought I'd be good for lunch eating the cold cuts off of 2 sandwiches, but my presentation got pushed back and I was worried my blood sugar was on the lower end by the afternoon so ate 3/4 of a Kind Bar. Was kind of surprised at the # of net carbs for a bar (I think 7) considering how sweet they taste but maybe I've just had like zero sugar lately but seriously, tasted like candy to me. Also ate part of an apple.

Skipped the evening activities and treated myself to a gym class (my conference is local) mostly to destress. Because of my childcare schedule I won't be able to workout at the gym again till Monday evening and it had been way too long so I just said eff it and went. So glad I did.

Lunch/dinner situation today: bringing my lunch. Not sure about dinner; should probably attend our event.

On a positive note: I'm .5 pounds away from my lowest weight in years.

Unread 01-19-2018, 05:35 AM

Default Day 10

Weight: 153

Calories: 1,152
Fat: 76
Protein: 78
Carb: 15

Workout: Lower body -- weight lifting -- 5 exercises, 4 sets each, 8 reps

Skipped evening festivities and went to the gym instead. I stuck to my meals yesterday (we had a break to do whatever we wanted for lunch) and found I wasn't as hungry as usual and didn't finish my dinner. Maybe some appetite suppression is finally happening from LC/keto?

I also took a magnesium supplement drink I've been taking for the past few days and it led to some slight digestion issues before weighing myself so my scale is down to 153 this morning, which is my lowest weight in years. Honestly the big breakthrough for me will be 149, and this 153 is definitely circumspect. But I should be happy that I'm here, especially after such an intense professional week.

I should also note that on Jan 2nd I was at 163 after a weekend of parties, so it's pretty nice to see that I'm down 10 pounds since then.

Unread 01-21-2018, 06:32 AM

Default Day 11

Weight: 153.5

Nutrition:

Calories: 1,600?

Yesterday I had family in for dinner. We got BBQ and I stuck to the brisket; also had some extra coffee with cream and some random other things, all zero or low carb. I know the calorie count / nutrition value of everything but the brisket but it was the main meal so I probably only ate at a slight deficit yesterday, if that.

Unread 01-23-2018, 06:18 AM

Default Day 14

Somehow I messed up counting my days in the titles of these posts; corrected them and today is actually Day 14 of doing this diet.

__________________________________-

Weight: 153

Nutrition: 1,050 calories
Fat: 71
Protein: 63
Carbs: 16

Workout: Sandbag (variety of squats, lunges, clean presses), core, tiny bit of HIIT

At 153 today, but not due to GI issues like last week. Ate lower calorie yesterday because I wasn't hungry after the gym and really didn't feel like having much dinner; had some sautéed zucchini and a bit of 85% dark chocolate as a treat. For breakfast I also had one organic string cheese at 80 calories because I forgot to bring my BPC; that totally sufficed so I'm wondering if I should gradually cut out breakfast and move more towards a lunch/dinner only plan. I've never been into breakfast and only have eaten it to keep my blood sugar steady, but obviously that's adaptable.

Not much longer left to January but I'm really hopefully I can see 149.5 by February. Or really, anytime within that month. That'd be major for me.

Unread 01-24-2018, 07:43 PM

Default Day 15

Weight: 152.5

Nutrition

Calories: 944
Fat: 64
Protein: 39
Carbs: 18

Workout: None

It's my lowest weight in years, if only by a pound. Still, it's something.

I ended up doing a bit of an IF thing; didn't eat from 7pm-ish till noon-ish today. I didn't mean to skip breakfast, I just didn't have my BPC with me and didn't feel hungry. Maybe I'll cut out breakfast permanently. I have to admit, I'm having a really hard time with work and still feel so stressed out as much as I wish I could leave my anxiety at the office. It's not just me; there have been some incredibly big changes at my company and everyone is feeling it. I honestly feel panicked; today was the first day I really wished I could have a glass of red wine but instead I'm sipping some valerian tea. I won't be laid off or let go or anything like that. But expectations are really high for me, and I have high expectations, and I'm meeting neither. I just feel really disappointed in everything. At least I'm not stress eating. I still have bread and chips in the house for my son and none of it is tempting at all.