BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-05-2018, 12:23 AM

Cardio. Stairclimber and elliptical. Stairclimber takes a lot out of me. Lower body cardio after working legs sucks, period. My pain tolerance is still terrible.

I think I might start doing a few minutes of the climber at the backend of my lifting workouts, just to get better used to it.

I also practiced squats. Is 60% of my 10RM too much, for a recovery day? For now I'm just assuming it's not, because I need at least some weight on there, for feedback.
Unread 07-06-2018, 03:07 AM

Lifting. I cracked Category 3 on Rippetoe's tables, for my squat. I didn't know about those, until two days ago, and have no idea what that actually means. Should there be some kind of symmetry across lifts? I'm barely Category 2 in my bench and deadlift. I guess I'm wondering if I should be concerned that my squat is progressing more than other lifts. Nuts to that table. Squats are getting better every workout. That's at least half of what I care about.

I got to the gym late, so I got in, did my compounds, and got out. Felt a dull pain on the outside of my forearms, while doing wide-grip pulldowns, which isn't entirely uncommon. Does worry me, though. I'm still annoyed that I'm stuck doing that, instead of weighted chins. What's an alternative exercise to pulldowns? Right now I'm alternating that ABABetc with seated rows.

I know everyone hear hates supplements, but I spiked my periworkout shake with a scoop of protein-coffee, tonight. Was nice, more like a nudge than a boost. I liked it.
Unread 07-09-2018, 02:47 AM

Missed last night's workout due to life stuff, so I did it tonight, where I normally would've done my carries. Which kind of sucks. I tried using a belt, while squatting, this time. It didn't go well. I think my gut is too big to use a belt. I felt like I couldn't breathe.

199.2 on the scale today. I thought I was getting fatter, but I guess not. Hopefully I'm recomping.
Unread 07-15-2018, 03:39 AM

Lagging on updating this.

I'm still at 199.2 (apparently exactly), as of this morning. I guess that means the recomp is going well, since I'm getting stronger.

I'm adding weight in my squats and RDL, which has me pleased as punch. I've been practicing the squats on my off days, and trying to 'just lift' on my lifting days, avoiding getting too much in my head about form. Seems to be working for me. Does throw a monkey wrench into some internal debate about running another RFL, though. I'd backed off on the squats, the past few workouts, and was considering just jumping into a short RFL and deload. Threw ten pounds more than my previous max on the bar, tonight, on an impulse, thinking I'd work strength, and banged out a clean ten reps. Now, I'm less inclined to put the brakes on progress, now that I know it's still progressing.

Also worked abs, tonight, after noticing that I haven't worked them directly in weeks. Was weaker in that one, glad I noticed and stopped slacking.

My shoulder's been getting better. I can still feel whatever it is, but there's no longer any pain, as such. Just an awareness. Still going to give it a lot of time before I get ambitious with pressing movements, I'm in no hurry, for now.

Last edited by Fatty McFatso : 07-15-2018 at 03:42 AM.