BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-29-2014, 12:45 PM

Yes I actually was.

Quote:
Not following you. Can you rephrase and or state specifics. To be clear, I figured using RFL for 4 weeks, 4 times a year. This was following a 2 week consolidation/hardening phase coming off of GBR.
So you would spread out the RFL periods over the year? You don't mean cutting back from 15% to 10/12% with RFL? If so, you need 2 cycles twice per year. 2 cycles in a row (with maintenance phase in between) is not advised as a cat 1.

Quote:
Yes, calculations are including 2 week maintenance during submax runup. I am very well aware of the benefits at maintenance calories...Where did my post suggest otherwise?
I didn't say you weren't aware of the benifits at maintenance calories. I'm just comparing with the 1 day ERFL cut. 1 day can't affect hormones negatively as much as a full cycle of RFL would. So the real need for the 2 weeks maintenance phase becomes less important. You COULD allready be bulking slightly during the 2 weeks submaximal run-ups.

Quote:
hence submax runups.
run-ups aren't at a very high intensity. It's still at a lowered intensity. May be it's just my experience, but after a cutting period, the 2 week runups are pretty easy. Can do thousands of sets of lowered intensity (not letterly). But it's much different at higher intensity. I'll loose the momentum of the lift. Especially with extreme diets like RFL, you have to skip a lot of exercises. To get the same load and same volume tolerance I need more than a month to build it back up.

All of that just doesn't excist with 1 day of ERFL anyways. It can't ever be a problem. You still have the momentum going. You still have the volume tolerance. That doesn't leave in just 1 day.

Quote:
If you were just adding some additional thoughts on the idea of ERFL and GBR, then forget my post above.
Yeah, also.
Unread 09-29-2014, 01:52 PM

We are not on the same page and I lost the desire to correct this. Hope it works for you if you run it. Good luck.
Unread 09-29-2014, 02:01 PM

Oke, no problem. I wish I could explain better. I think my english is also to limited to actually say what I mean. There are to many sideways to cover.

Your conclusion was that in the long run it probably doesn't matter much (so nothing to loose). At least that's good enough to give it a try. May be I can tell you how it worked out after a couple of months.